PDA

View Full Version : WOW:BOB, anybody planning on organizing the blue side?

Maj_Solo
08-01-2006, 04:04 PM
Our little group from EAW (they played mega tons of IL2 but not organized), feel like reestablishing our little Legion Condor squadron and are planning computer purchases etc and da da daaa for WOW:BOB. Back then we had a couple of guys overseeing the efforts of the blue side, and there were also someone manageing JG26. I would like our friends the PikAs to reestablish also. We simply feel like organizing under some higher organization and with a joint website.

Is anybody, or have anybody heared or seen anybody, with "war experience" and "experience of childish players" starting to do or planning to so some serious work on organizing the blue side.

We don't need the sim in our hand before we organize, we can organize before the sim comes out.

A huge organization with a war database is a good thing to have when you create a long campaign against the red. The Marshalks of each side get in touch with each other and probably also get some more weight and can probably ask Oleg what we are gong to expect and how what we are going to expect changes as he makes his decisions. Cause they need information when building web sites and databases which takes time and for which they need their web-handymens to wolunteer to build the sites.

1) There can be the usual disorganized indivdual games as usual. Up to the idividual pilot.

2) squad vs enemy squad. squadron leaders need to negotiate.

3) The WAR.

The WAR missions will always feel very different and tons of adrenalin and emotion will be there (and yelling, and perhaps arguing afterwards) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif,

Anyways, I just want to know is anybody picking up the blue flag on the blue side .... and is anybody picking up the red flag on the red side?

Legion Condor wants wing to form under ...

Historical correctness or not we might have to change name since it was dissolved and spread so to spread their wisdome .... All old members are still keeping in touch, thick skinned age 40+.

But we are all feeling the thrill again ..... anticipating this sim and hoping for the best. IL2 = Yawn .

Blue side need to organize NOW!!!!!

I hope someone allready started the work ....

Legion Condor is "Criminals with wings", we can not organize anything except just barely ourselves http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Maj_Solo
08-01-2006, 04:04 PM
Our little group from EAW (they played mega tons of IL2 but not organized), feel like reestablishing our little Legion Condor squadron and are planning computer purchases etc and da da daaa for WOW:BOB. Back then we had a couple of guys overseeing the efforts of the blue side, and there were also someone manageing JG26. I would like our friends the PikAs to reestablish also. We simply feel like organizing under some higher organization and with a joint website.

Is anybody, or have anybody heared or seen anybody, with "war experience" and "experience of childish players" starting to do or planning to so some serious work on organizing the blue side.

We don't need the sim in our hand before we organize, we can organize before the sim comes out.

A huge organization with a war database is a good thing to have when you create a long campaign against the red. The Marshalks of each side get in touch with each other and probably also get some more weight and can probably ask Oleg what we are gong to expect and how what we are going to expect changes as he makes his decisions. Cause they need information when building web sites and databases which takes time and for which they need their web-handymens to wolunteer to build the sites.

1) There can be the usual disorganized indivdual games as usual. Up to the idividual pilot.

2) squad vs enemy squad. squadron leaders need to negotiate.

3) The WAR.

The WAR missions will always feel very different and tons of adrenalin and emotion will be there (and yelling, and perhaps arguing afterwards) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif,

Anyways, I just want to know is anybody picking up the blue flag on the blue side .... and is anybody picking up the red flag on the red side?

Legion Condor wants wing to form under ...

Historical correctness or not we might have to change name since it was dissolved and spread so to spread their wisdome .... All old members are still keeping in touch, thick skinned age 40+.

But we are all feeling the thrill again ..... anticipating this sim and hoping for the best. IL2 = Yawn .

Blue side need to organize NOW!!!!!

I hope someone allready started the work ....

Legion Condor is "Criminals with wings", we can not organize anything except just barely ourselves http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

HayateAce
08-01-2006, 04:55 PM
Um, huh?

This is why I fly red exclusively.

sudoku1941
08-01-2006, 05:10 PM
For a start, drop this silly "blue" and "red" stuff. It just sounds so "gamer".

It's really silly, almost as dumb as someone coming to these forums looking to join a "clan".

Sound like you have a bit of background on the subject.

Luftwaffe and RAF might do for defining the sides.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

faustnik
08-01-2006, 05:13 PM
Hmmm...we fly for whoever pays us the most. Red/Blue makes no difference, as long as the check clears.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Maj_Solo
08-01-2006, 05:18 PM
HayateAce, Meaningless comment from you disrespecting what I asked for!

Psychology:

This means that you fly for the red side cause they are disorganized?

I tell you that they were not back then and probably aren't right now.

You can not view the whole world from your tiny perspective and say that is the right way.

I say, we who like to organize based on some feeling that competition is good or we get boored, we don't want people like you. It is easy. We respect you, and I think everyone really like you to have fun, but please let us get on with what we like without harrasing us.

These WAR organizations are like the worl cup in football or whatever, it is to give players purpose. If you played flightsims for 15 -- 20 --- or more years, everery one feels old and perhaps a bit tired and need something like a "team effort" to spice things up.

Everyone on both sides are happy to count you out. We respect individual decisions. There will be two worlds:

1) the disorganized world. Which the organized players can take part in at their leasure.
2) the organized BOB campaign. Where people who don't want to organize can not take part. Simply because they won't know where to connect.

----

Now, I think and guess where your experiences come from. If I see anybody with the attitude of "heil hitler/I am the big boss" attitude, we are out. What we are looking for is a friendly happy "coach" who like to organise the effort, create some websites, make the blue pilots able to look each other up, training sessions, helping the newbies etc etc. We in Legion Condor has been through this all theses years and seen all these crazy, what we assume young people, acting like goering himself. If that is what you think I am talking about then excuse me, that would be like eating ****.

My question is just, is someone organizing the world series? blue vs red? And is that person EXPERIENCED in handling BRATS. That was my god damn question!!!!!!!

We had fun back then during these "WOW" missions. Only EAW people know what I mean. But they do add some spice.

And I simply want to have extra FUN!!!!!

stanford-ukded
08-01-2006, 05:25 PM
buh?

madsarmy
08-02-2006, 12:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sudoku1941:

It's really silly, almost as dumb as someone coming to these forums looking to join a "clan".

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Watch you dont fall off that high horse the grounds hard.

It has always been blue(axis) & red(allies) since the original IL2.

carguy_
08-02-2006, 04:38 AM
JG26?Klaiber still there?

SeaFireLIV
08-02-2006, 05:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Maj_Solo:
HayateAce, Meaningless comment from you disrespecting what I asked for!

!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

HayateAce is your classic forum sniper-shooter. He has nothing of worth to say, but likes to make pointless one off shots from under a stone then runs away to hide again.

I bet he plays in Counterstrike or some such FPS where he`ll camp forever in tiny texture spots making shots that always miss until someone finds him and blows him away with an smg. Bet he never takes anyone face to face.

Ignore him. He`s harmless.

PBNA-Boosher
08-02-2006, 06:10 AM
Don't forget about Italia! (I plan to fly my Hurri, but hey, I'll check out 109's and Fiats in an offline campaign)

F6_Ace
08-02-2006, 06:16 AM
Reporting for duty, Solo. Who would you like to exterminate first?

Dunkelgrun
08-02-2006, 06:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">IL2 = Yawn .

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably not the best place to say this if you are looking for help. If you had tried IL-2 in all of its guises then you'd know that online wars come and go all the time; there's loads of them, so something for everyone.
What isn't needed is some sort of master plan to organise the 'blues' (not thinking of invading Poland are you? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif ), or the 'reds' either for that matter.
Of course if you want to run the whole thing then be my guest, just don't be too disappointed if nobody shows up.

When SoW:BoB eventually arrives there'll be all sorts of stuff kicking off. What you might want to look at is whether your squad names have already been taken in the IL-2 arena. I can see quite a few conflicts all round as there's only a limited number of squadrons for BoB.

Cheers!

sudoku1941
08-02-2006, 07:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by madsarmy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sudoku1941:

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Watch you dont fall off that high horse the grounds hard.

It has always been blue(axis) & red(allies) since the original IL2. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And, it's always been stupid, too.

Also, it's outdated: lately, it's blue Allies and Red Japanese. How do you explain that one?

It's just stupid, when you can simply use a more accurate name for the air force in question than the simplistic Red and Blue.

This one is almost as idiotic as the tendency for online hosts to refer to the Luftwaffe as "OKL", ignorant of the fact that Oberkommado Luftwaffe were mostly the administrative arm; the pencil pushers and strategists. Only a very few of them actually flew combat while they served in that capacity. Why not just call it "LW" and be correct??

If you want to refer to being accurate and correct as 'being on a high horse', well, look out for my spurs. I'd rather be called that than 'ignorant'.

F6_Ace
08-03-2006, 05:53 AM
Nah, red and blue is a metaphor for 'good' and 'bad' [guys] that has carried on from original Il-2 days.

If you fly red, you are full of goodness and are entirely honourable.

If you fly blue you are a whining, clownwagon driving chute-shooter who secretly wished that Hitler won the war.

Didn't you know that? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

ImpStarDuece
08-03-2006, 06:04 AM

And, it's always been stupid, too.

Also, it's outdated: lately, it's blue Allies and Red Japanese. How do you explain that one? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<span class="ev_code_RED">RED</span> Hinomaru and US Navy <span class="ev_code_BLUE">BLUE</span> perhaps?

I always thought it worked a little better than having the Italians in Blue and the RAF in Red when I did Med campaigns.

sudoku1941
08-03-2006, 10:04 AM
Of course, I notice that symbology, but has it escaped you that it's backwards from the IL-2 idea of Axis/Allies?

Again, this is why it's so simplistic and stupid. It makes one sound like he can't figure out which air forces are in the sim.

Best to just say, RAF, or VVS, or LW, or IJN, or IJAAF, or USN, etc., etc. That's the point I'm making.

Maj_Solo
08-03-2006, 11:18 AM
Right you are, but historically looking at boardgames released plus that game manufacturer after game manufacturer seems to follow this unwritten rule ..... Germany is blue and Brittain is red.

U.S. : Is green (haven't played a game where they are not)
Germany : Grey or blue, often grey.
Brittain: Brown, almost always.

On military situation maps there is usually a red and a blue side. blue friendly and enemy is red. So yes, Brittain will paint there symbols blue on their maps (if I got it right)

Problem then when a neutral map is drawn, how to color the forces then. So germany tends to be blue and brittain red. Union jack is a good excuse.

But you are right ofcourse.

-----

Anyways, I like mini-wars, not the entire BOB. mini-campaigns that take about 1 month. Then the whole thing is reset and those who loose can spit in their hands, rub them, to get a better grip of the opponent and try again. Those overseeing this check force balances.

Tactical missions are fun too. These missions some people are too impatient to play. That is why these missions are negotiated and scheduled beforhand and a date set. And that give them their charm.

----

Anyways, I just wondered if someone already started the work. I have no problem waiting.