PDA

View Full Version : is it just me?

cbazza
10-26-2004, 09:43 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif No one else has mentioned this, so wondering whether it's just me. The rear fuselage of the B-24 seems to have black lines appearing on it for certain angles and distances. If it is whats gone wrong?

cbazza
10-26-2004, 09:43 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif No one else has mentioned this, so wondering whether it's just me. The rear fuselage of the B-24 seems to have black lines appearing on it for certain angles and distances. If it is whats gone wrong?

ELEM
10-26-2004, 09:52 AM
And where are you seeing a B-24?

DuxCorvan
10-26-2004, 11:10 AM
Some textures and pixel patterns tend to do these effects at a distance or low resolutions. If your card is powerful enough try some antialiasing or anisotropic filters.

cbazza
10-26-2004, 11:53 AM
The B-24 Liberator is in PF.

"antialiasing or anisotropic filters."

Excuse my ignorance DuxCorvan, but what are these?

ELEM
10-26-2004, 12:09 PM
So it is! I'd never noticed that.

DuxCorvan
10-26-2004, 02:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cbazza:
The B-24 Liberator is in PF.

"antialiasing or anisotropic filters."

Excuse my ignorance DuxCorvan, but what are these? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK: Antialiasing is a graphic filter that most graphics cards have and it is used to soften those ugly 'stair-like' diagonal lines and contrasting pixels you get even at high resolutions. Anisotropic is a filter to correct the aspect and look of 3D textures when they're seen from an angle.

If you have an Nvidia or ATI card you should be able to enter the config options of them -generally in the Windows screen menu- and then PF config program to activate these effects. But don't be too generous! Depending on the power of your CPU and graphic card, they can downgrade seriously the overall speed in frames per second of the game!