PDA

View Full Version : Radio Chatter & FM2 Questions

duffys_tavern
10-10-2004, 06:56 AM
Two different questions I thought I'd roll into one. First, has anyone, yet, heard the PF radio chatter? Wondering if USN carrier pilots will hear the brit "jolly good, cleared for landing" or maybe a US accent? Also does anyone know if the FM2 had the manual, hand crank, landing gear that the the earlier models had? Just curious.

duffys_tavern
10-10-2004, 06:56 AM
Two different questions I thought I'd roll into one. First, has anyone, yet, heard the PF radio chatter? Wondering if USN carrier pilots will hear the brit "jolly good, cleared for landing" or maybe a US accent? Also does anyone know if the FM2 had the manual, hand crank, landing gear that the the earlier models had? Just curious.

Fliger747
10-10-2004, 01:57 PM
"No worries mate".

The FM2 still had the hand crank gear. It was a good performer mainly because it was LIGHT and simple. The basic F4F was simplicated and further lightened, and given a little more power.

Good Aeroplane!

VF-3Thunderboy
10-10-2004, 03:58 PM
The FM-2 also has WEP on the Throttle handle. Button on top!

Yellonet
10-10-2004, 04:10 PM
FM-2, a new favorite plane to get shot down in.

duffys_tavern
10-10-2004, 08:03 PM
So I guess we'll still get that "Wildcat Wobble". In the plane list was a little Disappointed not to see the F4U-1 with "birdcage" canopy. Still PF looks swell!