PDA

View Full Version : Altair's Codex

SWJS
06-10-2009, 12:11 AM
As several people before me have stated, if you go onto the Xbox marketplace and read the game description, it mentions Ezio learning from a Codex written by Altair. I think it's high time we had a thread about it.

Personally, I think of it like this:

I believe that Altair wants to go find Adha, because it's been on his mind since before the events of AC1. So, he writes the codex for the order to follow in his absence, and leaves Malik in charge. He finds Adha, they marry, have kids, and boingo, Ezio's great great grandparents and such.

200 years later, the Templar families in Italy have discovered that Ezio's family is within the Assassin bloodline and stage an attack on his home. They murder his father and his brother, but Ezio manages to escape. The templars take his mother as a type of "life insurance", a hostage. Ezio, confused, afraid, and wondering "WTF", runs to da Vinci's home where, out of breath, he explains the details.

da Vinci is in fact an elder member of the order, and knew about Ezio's bloodline. da Vinci explains the story of the assassin-templar struggle, and tells him that he must learn his heritage and become an assassin. Ezio is naturally in disbelief of everything, and begins questioning da Vinci. Then da Vinci takes the Codex from a hidden place and shows it to Ezio.

That's just the way I see it. Do any others out there have any theories, predictions, or specultions about this mysterious codex?

revoltingbunny
06-10-2009, 12:19 AM
Altair had a 'How to talk american' description... then Ezio changed his voice from a 50-year-old mafia boss to an arrogant American kid. xD.

Your description's good so far.

Sypron
06-10-2009, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:
Then da Vinci takes the Codex from a hidden place and shows it to Ezio.

That's just the way I see it. Do any others out there have any theories, predictions, or specultions about this mysterious codex?

I agree with you for the most part, except that bit at the end about the codex.
I think the Ezio finds the Codex himself, in one of the side missions. One of the missions added in the special 'Black' edition. Palazzo Medicis in Florence.
I say this because I recall reading it somewhere, I'll try and find the source for you.

SWJS
06-10-2009, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by revoltingbunny:
Altair had a 'How to talk american' description... then Ezio changed his voice from a 50-year-old mafia boss to an arrogant American kid. xD.

Your description's good so far. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Passage 6: Speak Perfect American So Your Idiot Descendants Can Understand You

Glad to hear that. It's not often a fan with a huge imagination makes up some kind of theory that actually makes sense. xD

Originally posted by Sypron:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:
Then da Vinci takes the Codex from a hidden place and shows it to Ezio.

I agree with you for the most part, except that bit at the end about the codex.
I think the Ezio finds the Codex himself, in one of the side missions. One of the missions added in the special 'Black' edition. Palazzo Medicis in Florence.
I say this because I recall reading it somewhere, I'll try and find the source for you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Interesting. Is it a reliable source, like IGN, or one of those 3rd-party sources, like Gamersyde?

bokeef04
06-10-2009, 01:21 AM
the only thing is that a bloodlink between Altair and Ezio hasn't been established, unless someone has a source? I'm open to the idea of them being related by blood, but not ruling them out as being non-blood relatives either

SWJS
06-10-2009, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by bokeef04:
the only thing is that a bloodlink between Altair and Ezio hasn't been established, unless someone has a source? I'm open to the idea of them being related by blood, but not ruling them out as being non-blood relatives either They would have to be blood related, because the only way Ezio could be born was through Altair's bloodline. Otherwise Ezio wouldn't even exist.

bokeef04
06-10-2009, 01:42 AM
how so, are you saying you don't have two family bloodlines? that your mother and father are related? e.g Altair could be related to Desmonds Father, and Ezio to Desmons mother, Altair and Ezio would still not be related to each other

not having a go at your theory, but why the move to Florence, and how did they become nobility?

SWJS
06-10-2009, 01:49 AM
how so, are you saying you don't have two family bloodlines? that your mother and father are related? e.g Altair could be related to Desmonds Father, and Ezio to Desmons mother, Altair and Ezio would still not be related to each other Down the line, EACH ancestor of Desmond, including Ezio, came from two parents. Ezio married and had kids and so on. plus you're forgetting that back then it was okay to marry your cousins. It's very possible that they share the same bloodlines. Desmond would have the bloodlines of all his ancestors' families, since each ancestor before him would have a father and a mother.

bokeef04
06-10-2009, 01:58 AM
the only thing is that a bloodlink between Altair and Ezio hasn't been established, unless someone has a source? I'm open to the idea of them being related by blood, but not ruling them out as being non-blood relatives either

I quoted myself to show I actually said I was open to the idea of a blood relation, but hadn't seen any sources saying they were, also why did they leave the holy land for Italy, and how did they become a noble family of Italy?

SWJS
06-10-2009, 02:08 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bokeef04:

I quoted myself to show I actually said I was open to the idea of a blood relation, but hadn't seen any sources saying they were, also why did they leave the holy land for Italy, and how did they become a noble family of Italy? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Vidic himself states that the Animus allows Abstergo to genetically decode the DNA of Desmond's ancestors. Since DNA is in our blood as well as other places, it makes sense that Ezio and Desmond are in the same bloodline.

Also, it's been 200 years. Altair and his descendants could have easily migrated there over time.

bokeef04
06-10-2009, 02:22 AM
forget it, your not getting at what i'm saying, i was saying

1) Altair and Desmond blood related
2) Ezio and Desmond blood related
3) Altair and Ezio may not be blood related, it hasn't been confirmed to my knowledge

Desmond can live through the memories of Altair and Ezio, but no guarentee yet that if Ezio got in the machine he could live Altair's life as Altair's and Ezio's bloodlines may not have converged till after Ezio was born, e.g Ezio could have married a descendant of Altair

DearDirty
06-10-2009, 04:09 AM
Maybe it was an assumption we all had that it was just going to stay in the male lineage.

But anyway, Ezio doesn't really have to be related to Altiar to find the Codex or whatever. Could be a crazy coincidence.

Drakonous505
06-10-2009, 04:58 AM
I think the possibility of two different blood lines combining into one is possible. But it has already been stated that Ezio is part of Altair's blood line... If I recall correctly it was mentioned Ezio was gifted, as in he's a natural at free running etc. But it would be interesting if they weren't of the same blood line.

bokeef04
06-10-2009, 05:50 AM
do you have a source that says that? everything I have read and heard about the game never actually revealed the connection between Ezio and Altair beyond both being ancestors of Desmond

DearDirty
06-10-2009, 05:55 AM
I'm pretty sure it was in an interview with Jade Raymond.

Sypron
06-10-2009, 06:29 AM
I don't think you need proof that Altair and Ezio are part of the same bloodline. Of course its entirely possible that they aren't; infact there is an even chance that they are or are not related.
Its just how Ubi decides to depict them. But consider this; They're both from the Assassins, and the Assassin's probably marry internally, like royalty.

obliviondoll
06-10-2009, 08:06 AM
AND the upcoming PSP game is meant to detail the link between Altair and Ezio, and is titled "Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines."

That should help in this discussion, though it doesn't confirm either way. Seems to imply the two are related though.

Losk_
06-10-2009, 10:36 AM
They implied that Ezio is a decendant of Altair during some of those E3 interviews. They said something along the lines of "Ezio will find out about his heritage" so if he isnt a decendant of Altair, then he is decended from one of the other assassins.

And since they are making that bloodlines game, as obliviondoll mentioned I think it is safe to assume that they are related.

UchihaKarasu
06-10-2009, 10:55 AM
Ugh, the DS game was non-canon right? So I hope that the Adha mentioned in the game isn't the same as the one in the DS (Altair deserves a better, less cliche, love story)

And I think it stands to reason that Ezio is a descendant of Altair (it has been mentioned after all in interviews)
As for how this bloodline got from the Middle East to Italy, is pretty simple. During and after the Crusades, Italy retrieved several imports and exports from the region where AC takes place. It probably wasn't strange for someone from, say, Jerusalem to migrate to Italy. (they even say Leonardo da Vinci is possibly of Arabic decent)
And becomning Noble isn't to hard of a feat. Look at the Medici, they started out a lowly bankers but by choosing clients with potential, who could become future allies (like the pirate who became a Pope) they were able to rise up and control Florence. Altair's descendants just had to do the same with what ever was there family business. Nobility back in the Renaissance is like the Mafia now, territory and allies are what help keep you at the top.

SWJS
06-10-2009, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by UchihaKarasu:
Ugh, the DS game was non-canon right? So I hope that the Adha mentioned in the game isn't the same as the one in the DS (Altair deserves a better, less cliche, love story)

And I think it stands to reason that Ezio is a descendant of Altair (it has been mentioned after all in interviews)
As for how this bloodline got from the Middle East to Italy, is pretty simple. During and after the Crusades, Italy retrieved several imports and exports from the region where AC takes place. It probably wasn't strange for someone from, say, Jerusalem to migrate to Italy. (they even say Leonardo da Vinci is possibly of Arabic decent)
And becomning Noble isn't to hard of a feat. Look at the Medici, they started out a lowly bankers but by choosing clients with potential, who could become future allies (like the pirate who became a Pope) they were able to rise up and control Florence. Altair's descendants just had to do the same with what ever was there family business. Nobility back in the Renaissance is like the Mafia now, territory and allies are what help keep you at the top. Well, even if the DS game WAS non-canon, an informer still mentions Adha in Damas, suggesting that they were indeed lovers. Otherwise I agree. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

MRK0NE
06-10-2009, 03:55 PM
Here's the Xbox Live Marketplace description in case anyone hasn't seen it:
Betrayed by the ruling families of Italy, a young man embarks upon an epic quest for vengeance. To eradicate corruption and restore his family’s honor, he will study the secrets of an ancient Codex, written by Altair. To his allies, he will become a force for change - fighting for freedom and justice. To his enemies, he will become a dark knight – dedicated to the destruction of the tyrants abusing the people of Italy. His name is Ezio Auditore di Firenze. He is an Assassin.

UchihaKarasu
06-10-2009, 06:45 PM
^
I thought this was already posted? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

nightpriestess
06-10-2009, 06:54 PM
Once again, I agree with UchihaKarasu. Yes Adha was mentioned in AC1, however, no where in the informer's statement did it imply to me that they were lovers. I just think he ended up marrying someone in his hometown(Forgot what it's called). I hate the whole "guy saves girl and they fall in love and live happily ever after" *roles eyes*

godsmack_darius
06-10-2009, 07:10 PM
Im pretty sure that Ubisoft said this in many ways before, but I could be mistakened

"You will follow another one of Desmonds Ancestars Ezio..." And so on

Or this one

You will follow one of Altairs Decendents Ezio, also one of Desmonds Ancestars, not sure if it helps

But I am pretty sire they said it along theoe lines

SWJS
06-10-2009, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by nightpriestess:
Once again, I agree with UchihaKarasu. Yes Adha was mentioned in AC1, however, no where in the informer's statement did it imply to me that they were lovers. I just think he ended up marrying someone in his hometown(Forgot what it's called). I hate the whole "guy saves girl and they fall in love and live happily ever after" *roles eyes* Actually, the informer stated "Have you heard from Adha since she left? No? I'm sorry to hear that."

It sounds like she left him.

godsmack_darius
06-10-2009, 07:19 PM
Well I read the plot on the Other AC game, and it said... well lol go look for your self I dont wanna spoil it for anyone

nightpriestess
06-10-2009, 10:07 PM
Actually, the informer stated "Have you heard from Adha since she left? No? I'm sorry to hear that."

It sounds like she left him.

Yeah I know that's what he said; I just don't think they were lovers. It could have been a friend, sister, mother (or any other family member) and the way I see it, she might have left on a bad note.

UchihaKarasu
06-10-2009, 10:11 PM
I don't know how she was related to Altair but if she was a lover, she better not be the damn Chalice women from the DS game (which was non-canon)
That's all I have to say

SWJS
06-10-2009, 10:50 PM
I don't know how she was related to Altair but if she was a lover, she better not be the damn Chalice women from the DS game (which was non-canon)
That's all I have to say Actually that is her.

However, she was mentioned in AC1. It's implied that she left, and this is possibly why Altair isn't in a good mood throught the first half of the game.

UchihaKarasu
06-10-2009, 10:54 PM
How do you know it was her?
As I said many times, the game was non-canon

SWJS
06-10-2009, 11:00 PM
How do you know it was her?
As I said many times, the game was non-canon Her name is stated as Adha in both games.

UchihaKarasu
06-10-2009, 11:07 PM
You're point?

SWJS
06-10-2009, 11:42 PM
I think it's posible that Altair had children through her.

RzaRecta-357
06-11-2009, 09:28 AM
Is it so hard to believe Adha was his wife or girlfriend whom up and left and after AC1 he decided to follow her, to say....perhaps Italy?

Perhaps he went to Italy because the piece of Eden showed a dot on the world map of italy. Although would he understand it way back then?

Perhaps a combination of the two? Hell, one of his children could of used the eden piece to get rich in italy thus establishing Ezios rich life.

Stormpen
06-11-2009, 11:19 AM
Actually, at the time of the 3rd Crusade, people still thought the world was flat, so Altair would not have recognized the Globr the piece of eden projected.

As for the codex, I thought that Ezio would find it in his family's archives. He reads about the Assassins, thinks that their creed is the perfect way to get revenge. Altair must also have dreawn diagrams of the Hidden Blade mechanism and da Vinci sees it, makes improvements and adds the Pistol. I don't think that da Vinci was an Assassin himself though. So far UBI have stuck firmly to historical detail, and saying da Vinci was an Assassin is a BIG leap of faith.*

As for Altairs reason to write the Codex:

The Hashshashin (the real Assassin's Creed according to history) must have disbanded, and Altair must have written the Codex to preserve the Brotherhood's secerets and ways, should they be needed again. The Codex is the passed through the family, and passes into Ezio's hands in the 15th Century......

That's my theory. Tell me what you guys think.

*excuse the pun.

Mizz_Assassin
06-11-2009, 11:40 AM
You know in the ds game.. was ahda kidnapped or something? because maybe she could have been unknowningly preggers and taken to italy or something... the middle east was known for their exports and imports.. im not even making sense...

babbling over http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

UchihaKarasu
06-11-2009, 11:45 AM
Well, as I mentioned on the last page
Altair's decedents migrating to Italy isn't too surprising. During and after the crusades, there were a lot of imports and exports between the Middle East and Italy. Cities like Venice actually traded VERY often with countries like Israel and China. So someone from Jerusalem migrating to Italy would not have been a strange occurrence. They actually found one of Leonardo's finger prints on one of his paintings and was able to discern that he could possibly be of Arabic decent.

SWJS
06-11-2009, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Stormpen:
Actually, at the time of the 3rd Crusade, people still thought the world was flat, so Altair would not have recognized the Globr the piece of eden projected.

As for the codex, I thought that Ezio would find it in his family's archives. He reads about the Assassins, thinks that their creed is the perfect way to get revenge. Altair must also have dreawn diagrams of the Hidden Blade mechanism and da Vinci sees it, makes improvements and adds the Pistol. I don't think that da Vinci was an Assassin himself though. So far UBI have stuck firmly to historical detail, and saying da Vinci was an Assassin is a BIG leap of faith.*

As for Altairs reason to write the Codex:

The Hashshashin (the real Assassin's Creed according to history) must have disbanded, and Altair must have written the Codex to preserve the Brotherhood's secerets and ways, should they be needed again. The Codex is the passed through the family, and passes into Ezio's hands in the 15th Century......

That's my theory. Tell me what you guys think.

*excuse the pun.

That's a really good possibility.

Well, as I mentioned on the last page
Altair's decedents migrating to Italy isn't too surprising. During and after the crusades, there were a lot of imports and exports between the Middle East and Italy. Cities like Venice actually traded VERY often with countries like Israel and China. So someone from Jerusalem migrating to Italy would not have been a strange occurrence. They actually found one of Leonardo's finger prints on one of his paintings and was able to discern that he could possibly be of Arabic decent. I know. And also back then, family members would also marry back into their own family, so it is a good possibility Altair, Ezio, and Desmond are in the same bloodline.

caswallawn_2k7
06-11-2009, 01:19 PM
actualy that is a common missconception people have always know the world was round, they just never saw the need to sail west or east from either end of the euraisa continent. as they didnt know america was there so they just asumed it was a massive amount of water that would been needed to be crossed when they could sail close to land or go accross the land.

america had actualy been visited sevral times by europeans many times before the discovery was claimed, it's why the indians were helpfull to the europeans as sevral people had helped them, proof of this was sevral ruins of old indian wood forts have been found and they are identical to the british wood forts that use to get used.

SWJS
06-11-2009, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Actually, at the time of the 3rd Crusade, people still thought the world was flat, so Altair would not have recognized the Globr the piece of eden projected.
actualy that is a common missconception people have always know the world was round, they just never saw the need to sail west or east from either end of the euraisa continent. as they didnt know america was there so they just asumed it was a massive amount of water that would been needed to be crossed when they could sail close to land or go accross the land.

america had actualy been visited sevral times by europeans many times before the discovery was claimed, it's why the indians were helpfull to the europeans as sevral people had helped them, proof of this was sevral ruins of old indian wood forts have been found and they are identical to the british wood forts that use to get used. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif Dude. Whoever told you that is ******ed, or pulling your leg. Back then, Europeans DID think the world was flat because of the Horizon Line. They believe the world was flat and that it had an edge. It's been proven several hundred times. In hundreds of old European ship logs, they mentioned the "edge of the world". Native Americans also didn't just live in teepees. They lived in mud houses and wooden fort-like structues as well. It's a known fact that the Native American tought the European pilgrims how to make shelters.

caswallawn_2k7
06-11-2009, 01:57 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_Earth

not the best sorce it it prooves the flat earth myth and that it was only very primitive man that actualy belived the world was flat.

SWJS
06-11-2009, 02:06 PM
I have an Account on Wikipedia. 99% of the time the things you read on there is crap made up by article vandals. We don't catch every single bad edit, but I can assure you that the information in your history book is more credible than the information on wikipedia. Although some articles, such as the ones with stars in the top right corners, are articles that have been cleaned up and protected from malicious edits, so they can be somewhat trusted. Just don't go by Wikipedia that often, as it often proves nothing. Trust me, I've seen so BAD edits before.

caswallawn_2k7
06-11-2009, 02:18 PM
it is true and a well know fact that the ancient greeks and other advanced civilizations knew the world was round, I said wikipedia wasnt the best source, but as with wikipedia you cant belive every book you read as historians are always being prooven wrong. there is evidence to backup the round worlld theory that has been discoverd.

but if you choose to claim your recolection of history is better than discoverys by proffesional historians you are welcome to continue beliving in myth's while your on you should probly start on your letter to santa.

SWJS
06-11-2009, 02:37 PM
it is true and a well know fact that the ancient greeks and other advanced civilizations knew the world was round, I said wikipedia wasnt the best source, but as with wikipedia you cant belive every book you read as historians are always being prooven wrong. there is evidence to backup the round worlld theory that has been discoverd.

but if you choose to claim your recolection of history is better than discoverys by proffesional historians you are welcome to continue beliving in myth's while your on you should probly start on your letter to santa. I don't suppose you have any actual handwritten prove by these so called historians? No? Then I'll continue to believe in the "myth" that I was tought all throughout my 13 years of Elementary, Middle, and High School. I also do believe in some "myths", such as Aliens. And I believed in Area 51 before it was proven to exist by areial photographs.

In all honesty this is the first time I've heard of this "everyone already knew it was round" nonsense. If everyone already knew it was round, why didn't they ever go over the horizon line? Why did ship logs from as late as the 1800s contain statements about the edge of the world?

If you don't mind I'll stick with what I know until some actual proof turns up. In all my years of watching the Discovery Channel, National Geographics Channel, News Channels, and so on, I have never seen or heard anything about the Europeans already knowing the world was round.

caswallawn_2k7
06-11-2009, 03:06 PM
another link with info showing people knew it was round long before even the first game. (http://www.lhup.edu/%7Edsimanek/flat/flateart.htm)

Drakonous505
06-11-2009, 03:54 PM
http://assassinscreed.wikia.co...7s_Creed:_Bloodlines (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Assassin%27s_Creed:_Bloodlines)

Altaïr discovers a new land and hunts down the ascending Templars. As the Templars withdraw from the Holy Land after Altair kills Robert De Sable, the Assassin follows them to the island of Cyprus. Finding new allies and enemies, Altaïr helps the local resistance against the Templar occupation and strikes down the ascendant Templar commanders.

I think that in this things will progress towards Italy. Granted even if the prequel DS game was non canon doesn't mean they won't follow some of the plot line of that either. I think that after Cyprus you head to Italy. Along the way on the boat ride Altair writes the Codex. I'm looking forward to this even though I don't have a PSP =\

SWJS
06-11-2009, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Drakonous505:
http://assassinscreed.wikia.co...7s_Creed:_Bloodlines (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Assassin%27s_Creed:_Bloodlines)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Altaïr discovers a new land and hunts down the ascending Templars. As the Templars withdraw from the Holy Land after Altair kills Robert De Sable, the Assassin follows them to the island of Cyprus. Finding new allies and enemies, Altaïr helps the local resistance against the Templar occupation and strikes down the ascendant Templar commanders.

I think that in this things will progress towards Italy. Granted even if the prequel DS game was non canon doesn't mean they won't follow some of the plot line of that either. I think that after Cyprus you head to Italy. Along the way on the boat ride Altair writes the Codex. I'm looking forward to this even though I don't have a PSP =\ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I don't have a PSP either. It sucks, but hey, all I need is ACII.

Moi_Fruit
06-11-2009, 05:16 PM
dis da codex baby

Moi_Fruit
06-11-2009, 05:16 PM
Auschwitz never happened!

Sarcross
06-11-2009, 05:35 PM
<span class="ev_code_RED">Well of course. Places can't happen, but events can. Try to rephrase things like that, it'll make you seem a bit smarter. Keep words : a bit.</span>

UchihaKarasu
06-11-2009, 05:44 PM
Wow. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif
I'd ask you to marry me, Sarcross, if I was actually into that type of thing (marriage, I mean)

Sarcross
06-11-2009, 06:01 PM
<span class="ev_code_RED">Lol. I like poking holes in people's logic. I don't see his logic, I see his stupidity, which makes it all the much easier.</span>

Moi_Fruit
06-11-2009, 06:03 PM
***removed

Sarcross
06-11-2009, 06:05 PM
<span class="ev_code_RED">I know, which is why I won before you started.</span>

UchihaKarasu
06-11-2009, 06:31 PM
I really like this topic and I would like to get up and running again, plz. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

godsmack_darius
06-11-2009, 06:39 PM
lol he got banned,
And yeah what was the actual subject we were on again guys?

UchihaKarasu
06-11-2009, 06:55 PM
uhhhh
AC Bloodlines I think

SWJS
06-11-2009, 07:03 PM
Actually the topic in question is on the codex Altair writes.

Oh, by the way Sarcross, thank you for being intelligent. If anyone knows how to correctly dispose of random noob ramblings, it's you.

Stormpen
06-12-2009, 08:35 AM
Oh, by the way Sarcross, thank you for being intelligent. If anyone knows how to correctly dispose of random noob ramblings, it's you.

Hear hear. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

About the codex ending up in Italy....

The Hashshashin must have disbanded after the Crusader wars ended. Once Altair had kids* they would have joined the Creed, and when it disbanded, they take the codex and they go off to Italy.....(by this time Altair is probably dead, gone and decomposing, but that doesn't matter, coz we have the Codex!!)

Once again, tell me what you guys think. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

*no STUPID stuff about Adha please, however Altair had kids, he had them. He may have had them by Adha, some other woman, or the Queen of Sheba, IT DOES NOT MATTER!!!

Furtivi_Uno
06-12-2009, 01:03 PM
What if Leanardo was a friend of Ezio's family. Ezio's family might have known that their death was soon to come and gave the Codex to Leanardo for safe keeping. Then when Leanardo thought the time was right he let Ezio read the Codex and become an assassin.
Your thoughts? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

caswallawn_2k7
06-12-2009, 01:22 PM
Ezio is related to desmond and desmond is related to Altiar so somewere along the lines the families cross. Ezioe could be a direct decendant of altair or Ezio or one of his decendants ends up with a member of Altairs family.

that is the only 2 ways it can play out as all 3 people need to be related or the genetic memory chain wouldnt work.

SWJS
06-12-2009, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Furtivi_Uno:
What if Leanardo was a friend of Ezio's family. Ezio's family might have known that their death was soon to come and gave the Codex to Leanardo for safe keeping. Then when Leanardo thought the time was right he let Ezio read the Codex and become an assassin.
Your thoughts? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif That's another very possible circumstance.

Ezio is related to desmond and desmond is related to Altiar so somewere along the lines the families cross. Ezioe could be a direct decendant of altair or Ezio or one of his decendants ends up with a member of Altairs family.

that is the only 2 ways it can play out as all 3 people need to be related or the genetic memory chain wouldnt work. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif Exactly!

Furtivi_Uno
06-12-2009, 02:24 PM
Well thought... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

UchihaKarasu
06-12-2009, 02:31 PM
I defiantly think Leonardo da Vinci has some connection to the Assassins (he was a pretty sketchy historical figure) Other wise, how else would he be able to build/design the hidden blade?

UNLESS!
Ezio, gets his hands on the codex (in the scenario that Leonardo doesn't give it too him) and perhaps the Codex features details about how the blade is constructed....you get my point

Personally, I like the theory of Leonardo being in on it with the Assassins....partially because it would be cool and because I like the idea of one of my favorite historical figures being with the Assassins http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Furtivi_Uno
06-12-2009, 02:35 PM
I defiantly think Leonardo da Vinci has some connection to the Assassins (he was a pretty sketchy historical figure) Other wise, how else would he be able to build/design the hidden blade?

UNLESS!
Ezio, gets his hands on the codex (in the scenario that Leonardo doesn't give it too him) and perhaps the Codex features details about how the blade is constructed....you get my point

Personally, I like the theory of Leonardo being in on it with the Assassins....partially because it would be cool and because I like the idea of one of my favorite historical figures being with the Assassins http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
WHAT IF the codex's pages are somewhat faded so Leanardo has to use some of the information to create a new, better hidden blade! The possibilties are endless!

caswallawn_2k7
06-12-2009, 02:36 PM
there is also the third option that they are both in on it Ezio has been working with da vinci, as da vinci was a inteligent bloke so with a description of the blade he could probly work out how to make it. also this way it leads into why Ezio has good hand to hand skills and why da vinci is in on it all.

Furtivi_Uno
06-12-2009, 02:42 PM
there is also the third option that they are both in on it Ezio has been working with da vinci, as da vinci was a inteligent bloke so with a description of the blade he could probly work out how to make it. also this way it leads into why Ezio has good hand to hand skills and why da vinci is in on it all.
In some interview didn't some Ubisoft person say that where as Altair got his skills in parkour from being raised as an assassin while Ezio got his skills from running from young women's fathers?

Furtivi_Uno
06-12-2009, 02:43 PM
In some interview with a Ubisoft person didn't they say that Altair got his skills from being raised as an assassin while Ezio got his skills by running from young women's fathers?

caswallawn_2k7
06-12-2009, 02:44 PM
I wasnt talking about his free running skill I was talking about his ability at hand to hand combat, since he is basicaly an expert to beable to disarm his oponents and fight with more or less just his bare hands.

Furtivi_Uno
06-12-2009, 02:45 PM
Sorry about that my computer lagged and i made two different posts.

UchihaKarasu
06-12-2009, 02:45 PM
Double Post FAIL!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif
Sorry.

But yes, Patrice said that

Furtivi_Uno
06-12-2009, 02:46 PM
I wasnt talking about his free running skill I was talking about his ability at hand to hand combat, since he is basicaly an expert to beable to disarm his oponents and fight with more or less just his bare hands.
True. Maybe Altair wrote in the Codex about the art of fighting with your hands and being resourceful. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

caswallawn_2k7
06-12-2009, 02:48 PM
altair relied heavily on weapons he was prety much useless in hand to hand combat.

Furtivi_Uno
06-12-2009, 02:48 PM
Double Post FAIL!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif
Sorry.

But yes, Patrice said that
Is he the like main spokesperson?

UchihaKarasu
06-12-2009, 03:06 PM
Patrice Desilets is the Creative Director for AC2
correct me if I'm wrong

Furtivi_Uno
06-12-2009, 03:10 PM
Patrice Desilets is the Creative Director for AC2
correct me if I'm wrong
Was he the one that described the demo at E3?

Furtivi_Uno
06-12-2009, 03:12 PM
altair relied heavily on weapons he was prety much useless in hand to hand combat.
I know but maybe afterwards he realized the importance of hand to hand combat and wrote it in the Codex.

UchihaKarasu
06-12-2009, 03:16 PM

Yes, I believe so

Furtivi_Uno
06-12-2009, 03:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Furtivi_Uno:

Yes, I believe so </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks you. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

moqqy
06-12-2009, 03:44 PM

Don't confuse gameplay with "canon".

Furtivi_Uno
06-12-2009, 09:04 PM
Wait what is canon?

Xanatos2007
06-12-2009, 09:12 PM
Wait what is canon?

If something is 'non-canon' it means it doesn't tie into the original text. Altair's Chronicles is considered non-canon because it doesn't tie into the story of Assassin's Creed, except for the name Adha.

UchihaKarasu
06-13-2009, 12:51 PM
I wonder what Altair's Codex has written in it....
I want a copy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Man, Patrice said the end of the game is gonna surprise you, gonna make you say "Whoa! I didn't see that coming!"
Makes me more curious about the game....and it's still a while before it's released http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

I'll have to resist my horrid gamer urges to look at Wikipedia for spoilers, lol

moqqy
06-13-2009, 01:17 PM
Canon is the official story. Just because Altaïr was useless in hand-to-hand combat in AC1, doesn't mean he was in "reality".

caswallawn_2k7
06-13-2009, 01:20 PM
moqqy and were do you get your cannon from if not the game since that was the invention of the series http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

moqqy
06-13-2009, 02:26 PM
Shouldn't be that hard to figure out, Cas. I get my canon from the game, but simple logic dictates that Altair was bad in hand-to-hand combat because of gameplay reasons. That doesn't mean he is bad in it in the story.

I'll give you another example. In the game, it takes you 5 minutes to ride into another city. That's gameplay, too. In the story, it takes a lot longer.

Skaevola
06-13-2009, 02:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
In some interview didn't some Ubisoft person say that where as Altair got his skills in parkour from being raised as an assassin while Ezio got his skills from running from young women's fathers? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://askalty.smackjeeves.com...where-did-you-learn/ (http://askalty.smackjeeves.com/comics/605713/where-did-you-learn/)
Thanks, Kaxen!