PDA

View Full Version : G50 I16

PapaG39
07-22-2005, 06:23 PM
These aircraft have the carborator
that looses fuel in a negative g & sometimes will cause the engine to quit.
now, in the real aircraft you just give a couple of pumps on the fuel & start the dan*ned thing again..however, in this game if you are low it will not start it just starts to start & then you get an "engine off" message. The FM is wrong on this one me thinks...
Take the aircraft up high& it will keep running.
it seems as though it is programmed to just quit after a negative g situation 3 times & then it won't start...down low...

3.JG51_BigBear
07-22-2005, 06:55 PM
When you restart the engine make sure you are at a low throttle setting and that you have enough airspeed to at least spin the prop. If you're not going fast enough the plane won't restart.

SaQSoN
07-22-2005, 10:59 PM
in the real aircraft you just give a couple of pumps on the fuel & start the dan*ned thing again..however, in this game if you are low it will not start it just starts to start & then you get an "engine off" message. The FM is wrong on this one me thinks...

You speaking about the real aircraft. So, does the real aircraft, you speaking about have a starter?
Why I ask? It's simple. Don't know about the G.50, but the I-16 DIDN'T HAVE STRTER ON BOARD. So, if you don't have enough speed (And how will you gain that without the engine - only by trading the altitude for it) to windmill your prop - the engine will not start.
Thus, I don't see anything wrong with the FM here.

JG7_Rall
07-22-2005, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by SaQSoN:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">in the real aircraft you just give a couple of pumps on the fuel & start the dan*ned thing again..however, in this game if you are low it will not start it just starts to start & then you get an "engine off" message. The FM is wrong on this one me thinks...

You speaking about the real aircraft. So, does the real aircraft, you speaking about have a starter?
Why I ask? It's simple. Don't know about the G.50, but the I-16 DIDN'T HAVE STRTER ON BOARD. So, if you don't have enough speed (And how will you gain that without the engine - only by trading the altitude for it) to windmill your prop - the engine will not start.
Thus, I don't see anything wrong with the FM here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

PWND!!!!!!!! SaQSoN r0xx0rz teh big one!!!1111

Hurri-Khan
07-23-2005, 07:12 AM
Actually G.50 was twin engine a/c.. It had small separate engine driven compressor which generated air for all those systems ( one of 1st fighters with APU ??!). It replenished compressed air supply for starter, brakes, gun loading and pressurized air controlled hydraulical systems ( flaps, landing gear).

Ingame it seems that leaning the mixture helps a bit to start engine again.

<--H-K-<<<

Tully__
07-23-2005, 07:26 AM
JG7_Rall, tone it down a bit.

JunkoIfurita
07-25-2005, 12:42 AM
Yeah, we prefer a maximum of one 13375p34|< word in three around here, thank you very much http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

----