PDA

View Full Version : Fanfiction problem...

ConquestAC
01-02-2008, 02:07 PM
So, for New Years I decided I was going to write an AC fanfiction. I brainstormed a while, and got 3 nice Ideas, each of which could end up really, really long. As in, 30k-like long.
The Problem? I don't have the time due to school, trying to get a small job, and a bunch of other reasons that I won't mention.
So, would anyone help with my choice? I equally adore each Idea, but it wouldn't be possible to write all at once without killing my grades.

I'll post a short summery on each Idea, so please tell me which one you would like to see the most!!!

1. The Animus can only provide so much, thus so Abstergo comes up with a different solution: using Desmonds DNA, they re-create Altair with all his memories at the age of 25. However, due to Desmonds pen-stealing skills and his access to their e-mails, he finds out about Abstergo's plans and with the help of Lucy, managed to flee with his Ancestor. Now with only a phone number, an only half-lucid 12th century Assassins and a ten dollar bill, left on the streets of a random city with no known help waiting for him and being chased by modern day Templers with plans for world domination, things don't seem very good. The truckload of writing on the wall from subject 16 isn't helpful either.

2. Whoopee di doo, another self-insertation fic. The difference? Amara doesn't exactly react as she should, from throwing fruits at Al Mualim and playing poker with guards. And worse? She's stuck with Altair, and seems to have joined Malik in his baiting skills. Also, stealing Desmonds lines just to call the Templar drunks who plan world domination with lizard men isn't exactly high on the ˜how to stay alive' list.

3. Being next in line for the Leadership of the Assassins as well as the village of Masyaf, Altair has a slight problem. The fact that he has the diplomacy skills of a two year old isn't helping matters either.

...So that's it. Help?

Also, anyone who steals the ideas will be hunted down, tied to the Eifel tower and beaten with a stick. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

Paladin_1962
01-02-2008, 04:10 PM
4 th choice...

Not to write about any of the above, because each are equally lame?

No, that's not true. Nothing can be as equally lame as #'s 2 & 3.

So, the least lame would be # 1.

----

Edit: I'm not implying that you should write anything; I'm just suggesting # 1 is the least 'lame'.

DreamerM
01-02-2008, 04:11 PM
May I vote None of the Above? For the following reasons:

1. Is a possible Sequel scenario, especially since just about all of the Wall Writing covered the circular nature of time, time travel, and Resurrection. Your fic would end up contradicting cannon.

2. Self-insertion fics are evil and need to die. Really, if I even hear of one more Atypical Charmer who infuriates the Main Characters before they realize she's Very Good, I'm gonna scream.

We can't help but make them up, but keep them in your brain. Don't inflict them on the larger world.

3. Altair is not in any way, shape, or form a leader. Besides he's going to be too busy trying to find a safe place for the Peace of Eden to worry about the leadership of the Clan. Plus it's just not an interesting scenario.

Zerban_da_Great
01-02-2008, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by DreamerM:

2.Self-insertion fics are evil and need to die. Really, if I even hear of one more Atypical Charmer who infuriates the Main Characters before they realize she's Very Good, I'm gonna scream.

We can't help but make them up, but keep them in your brain. Don't inflict them on the larger world.

Oh... uhh... this is awkward... I'm kinda....
wiritngaselfinsteraitonficforuncharteddrake'sforut nedon'tkillme.

all_alone_
01-02-2008, 05:29 PM
Well I for one, like your ideas..i think your best bet would be for #1, go with that one! sounds perty good, not a bad start. if you do go with that one, ill look forward to reading it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Zerban_da_Great
01-03-2008, 03:52 PM
Selfinsertation fics don't have to be as eye-gougingly terrible as most are. The generic 'I'm going to annoy the main characters' line most of them follow is incredibly annoying. I've already written a selfinsertation for RE3 which I got bored with, but it was focused more on my reactions to the zombies and actual lifelike situations. A good example of this style is Resident Evil 4: Real Life Edition on Fanfiction.net. It has a real life girl taking the place of Ashley, and it's really realistic with minimal poking fun at the characters time. The same thing is true with the Uncharted fic I'm writing. It's more focused on how Nate and Elena are trying to keep me alive while I'm trying to finish the storyline so I can get home.
So, unfortunately, #2 idea is horrible since the character is screwing with the story. That idea is seriously not cool. The others are okay, thought, especially #1.