PDA

View Full Version : Credits for damaged aircraft?

XyZspineZyX
06-17-2003, 07:27 PM
Hi

As well as destroying aircraft, I will sometime damage them and it would be nice to get some sort of credit for it.

'Damged' aircraft could be half a Star in the statistics area after a single mission or online for that matter.

You could also include a 'shared' kill, this could be 2 stars overlapping each other, just a thought.

Sorry if it already been mentioned.

Cheers

XyZspineZyX
06-17-2003, 07:27 PM
Hi

As well as destroying aircraft, I will sometime damage them and it would be nice to get some sort of credit for it.

'Damged' aircraft could be half a Star in the statistics area after a single mission or online for that matter.

You could also include a 'shared' kill, this could be 2 stars overlapping each other, just a thought.

Sorry if it already been mentioned.

Cheers

XyZspineZyX
06-18-2003, 02:49 AM
I don't know how it was used in the VVS, but in the USAAC and USAAF, a "damaged claim" was worth less than a "shared kill claim" and got no recognition inthe way of kill markings or official recognition. "Damaged" was of course beneficial to the cause because the 'plane was out of service until it was repaired (or it might have been 'war weary' and scrapped), but it didn't count towards one's kill count.

XyZspineZyX
06-18-2003, 03:29 AM
half kills shared between two pilot would be good

if two pilots inflicted 40% or more of the damage on an aircraft the points could be split