PDA

View Full Version : missing RTS.DLL file?

BirdieNum-nums
09-30-2008, 07:35 PM
Hi,

I just did a fresh install of 1946, patched up to 4.07m, then 4.08m and when I try to start up a game in Hyperlobby, I get this error message:

"This application has failed because RTS.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Cheers!
Birdie Num-nums

WTE_Galway
09-30-2008, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by BirdieNum-nums:
Hi,

I just did a fresh install of 1946, patched up to 4.07m, then 4.08m and when I try to start up a game in Hyperlobby, I get this error message:

"This application has failed because RTS.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

Cheers!
Birdie Num-nums

Thats the copy protection DLL. Threads discussing it in too much detail tend to get locked.

Also you are better off posting in the help forum.

Skycat_2
09-30-2008, 10:30 PM
Hmmm, well the RTS.dll was the copy protection used with all versions of IL-2 prior to 1946. I believe that the .dll tells the il2.exe or il2fb.exe to look for the CD-ROM and use that to launch the game.

I think 1946 made the rts.dll completely obsolete though. The European version uses SecureROM I believe, and the U.S. version simply allows you to launch from desktop without needing the game's disc in your player. The UbiSoft e-commerce version is the North American version.

I was able to use Hyperlobby with the North American version of 1946, installed directly from the DVD. I didn't have to add or replace the rts.dll to do it either.

Urufu_Shinjiro
10-01-2008, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by BirdieNum-nums:
Hi,

Cheers!
Birdie Num-nums

Are you sure you selected the Forgotten Battles room in hyperlobby?