PDA

View Full Version : 30 min fight with 2 spear men... HELPP

jackoLFC
11-24-2009, 02:47 PM
This is my first post on the forum and also my first time playing the assasins creed series . First of all im loving the game, i would compare it to uncharted 2 with free roam and a lot more customisation. Which is a great thing.

One thing i have been struggerling with is the combat, i just faught my first spear men and it took me about half an hour to kill them, (seriously, it got to the point i would need rest) the combat training i feel dident really help new comers to the series, It showed what buttons to press, but nothing about timing, so do you press square just before they attack you, just as you block thier hit or after you block. Also any tips on the spear men would be fantastic as i dont want to have to fight one guy for 20 mins, my assassin might give up on me. thanks guys

bornforhaze
11-24-2009, 02:49 PM
Use counters just before they attack. You can also use disarms to end the fight quicker.

caswallawn_2k7
11-24-2009, 02:51 PM
you cant counter a spear, your best bet against spear men is the unarmed counter (disarm) or use the hidden blade/knife to rapidly attack or preform counters (can often stop them fighting back as most large weapons are slow) and quickly block when they go to hit you or counter you.

Iskander_Estel
11-24-2009, 02:53 PM
yeah they're hard, i think more than the brute
but it's all about practice,
one advice: just cover, and when you get the rythim of their atack disarm him. if you try to beat it with any other weapon you're going to have a really long day...

jackoLFC
11-24-2009, 03:01 PM
okay thanks for the quick reply guys, so is keeping hold of r1 (block button) the wrong thing to do, with normal soldiers i seem to counter them the try to hit them back only for that to be blocked. And also my assassin seems to be a ***** as he always turns and trys to run, then i pull him back to the fight an he got no weapon

caswallawn_2k7
11-24-2009, 03:03 PM
yeah they're hard, i think more than the brute
them and brute I generally pick them out before starting the fight if I can and run in and assassinate them as it really cuts down on fight time (other than the agile and more advanced guards that are great at countering, but they are easy with disarm, the hidden blade or if you can get use to the counter counter like they use)

And also my assassin seems to be a ***** as he always turns and trys to run, then i pull him back to the fight an he got no weapon don't press the leg button (x) while holding R1 as it breaks combat and makes you run.

jackoLFC
11-24-2009, 03:07 PM
what is the right time to disarm, jus before he goes to hit you as you counter him or after you counterd him

Iskander_Estel
11-24-2009, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by jackoLFC:
what is the right time to disarm, jus before he goes to hit you as you counter him or after you counterd him

just before the strike

caswallawn_2k7
11-24-2009, 03:09 PM
hold R1 while in unarmed combat, as he swings press square and if you timed it right you will grab the weapon and take it off them, but there is a chance they can stop you.

jackoLFC
11-24-2009, 03:14 PM
Ahh ,thanks, i thought he needed to go the toilet or somthin, great tips guys any more would be welcome, things to look out for round the map, enemies to watch out for, best way to build my money up etc

And also my assassin seems to be a ***** as he always turns and trys to run, then i pull him back to the fight an he got no weapon don't press the leg button (x) while holding R1 as it breaks combat and makes you run.[/QUOTE]

Mossero
11-24-2009, 05:07 PM
To disarm someone, the timing is different to a counter attack. You have to hold R1 and press Square as the weapon makes contact with you. I can usually disarm people pretty easily but I do struggle to disarm spearmen sometimes, their attacks are tricky to judge right.

TooLazy4Name
11-24-2009, 05:14 PM
lets get this across real quick. YOU CANNOT COUNTER BRUTES AND SEEKERS WITH ANYTHING BUT YOUR FIST, HIDDEN BLADE, AND THEIR OWN WEAPONS. best bet against a seeker is to disarm him, because he blocks about everything. or, if your just being a meany, toss a smoke bomb and stab him in the back.

godsmack_darius
11-24-2009, 09:56 PM
Hand to hand or hidden blade, if you dont wanna waste time go point blank tap square BANG

PIstol shot to the chest http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif and the other guards will run away, quite amusing actually http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Chiiru22
11-24-2009, 10:21 PM
I love just going h2h and then disarming the jerks!

Easy peasy

blarson11
11-25-2009, 01:44 AM
in the training ring there are actually lessons that profile ways to go about seekers, brutes, and agiles. one of the tactics it mentions is dodging the brutes and seekers(while holding right trigger press "x" and the left stick in desired direction of travel). they have then left themselves open to be hit. it works best if you dodge to the side. i found this to be a little tedious, and i agree with Cas about shanking them first then mopping up the regular guards.

DimmuB0rgir
11-25-2009, 02:07 AM
Yeah I find dodging and strafing much more effective against brutes and the ones with the poles. Also disarm works wonders, although you leave yourself pretty open with disarm if they go for a really big attack.

nitres15
11-25-2009, 05:33 AM
just grab him and kill its very easy