PDA

View Full Version : Altair VS Master Chief

agent_smooth
11-16-2010, 07:04 PM
This poll was posted on Bungies forums, so in fairness to dispel the notion of bias, the same is being posted on Ubisofts official forums.

So who do you think would win in an arena fight?
Provide your logical, non biased reasoning ftw.

Confusious30
11-16-2010, 07:14 PM
First of all, you're going to get heavily biased responses, as you would if you posted this question on a Halo based forum.

Secondly, Altair would cut through Master Chief's armor before Chief managed to raise his weapon and blinked.

agent_smooth
11-16-2010, 07:21 PM
Im a fan of both games.

Lets break them down statistically

Weapon:
Strength:
Armor/Defense:

You fill in the blanks

kaizenmx
11-16-2010, 09:02 PM
A 15th century assassin vs 25th century genetically engineered soldier armed to the teeth with future weapons?

Seriously, what exactly is there to break down statistically? This is like comparing stone age caveman armed with stone axe vs. US marine armed with assault rifle.

joseph.vandorn
11-16-2010, 11:33 PM
No matter how you put it, no one can stand in the way of a trained assassin and his blade.

Fashakakani
11-17-2010, 01:01 AM
If we are talking like a bar fight, where it is just fists and no power armor or weapons, I think it would be a pretty fair fight actually. But if it was on the battlefield, depends on whether or not the master chief sees Altair coming http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

xsatanicjokerx
11-17-2010, 01:27 AM
master chief is a super soldier with armor that allows him to survive a jump from space. who do you think is gonna win...

Abeonis
11-17-2010, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by kaizenmx:
This is like comparing stone age caveman armed with stone axe vs. US marine armed with assault rifle.

....I'm failing to see a difference between the two?

Redfeather1975
11-17-2010, 05:47 AM
Altair beats John-117.

Then all of Halo's rabid fanboys completely swarm the arena, turn Altair into dust, proceed to snort his remains, and spit them back out to form a new Master Chief.

Search your feelings. You know this to be true. lol

Ghoulishtie
11-17-2010, 06:07 AM
Hmmm...a pre20th century assassian vs a futuristic spartan that destroyed an armada of covenant?

Yes, I am a Halo fan. Even though I am enjoying the hell outta brotherhood atm, answer is obviously MC.

DJKRONOS1982
11-17-2010, 09:46 AM
Wilford Brimley would destroy them both with his moustache.

On topic: MC would win if he had his Mjolnir armor on. Pretty equal fight without. MC is still genetically enhanced, though. Hard to say.

jimbo11235813
11-17-2010, 10:11 AM
That's a hard one. If it was a fair fight, like only fists or blades (no ranged weapons) and no armour, I'd say Altair. While I'm sure MC is very stong and talented (only played Halo 1), Altair would have been training since he was a boy.

But to be fair, I don't know anything about MC as I've only played Halo 1, as I've said before, and that was a long time ago.

agent_smooth
11-17-2010, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by joseph.vandorn:
No matter how you put it, no one can stand in the way of a trained assassin and his blade.
Except, say, I dont know, someone with a rocket launcher.

Abeonis: if you fail to see the difference between a stone ax and a GUN, you fail in general ..

Additionally, Spartans are trained since between 5-7 years of age, possess strength overturn 66 ton tanks, and 7 feet tall.
Not to mention being honed to the point where they can detect a pindrop in a sandstorm, rendering any sneakiness void.

Bottom line, genetically modified, superhumans.
(even without state of the art combat armor.)

agent_smooth
11-17-2010, 10:45 AM
Also, to aid those reading to attempt to view this debacle from an objective standpoint:

Take Spiderman and Dr. Manhattan, two awesome heroes created by two different and great comic companies.

Now, take them to a Marvel forum (creators of Spiderman), and pose the question of who would win in a fight.

If logical thinking was used, would it still be the case of one receiving all the votes, while the other has the clear advantage?

obliviondoll
11-17-2010, 01:39 PM
If Master Chief knew Altair was coming, he'd win.

Otherwise Altair.

Of course, if we use game logic, Altair wins.

Why?

He can put has hands together and be impossible to identify as a threat. And Master Chief doesn't kill civilians.

Also, Altair can throw knives harder than Ezio - 1 hit kill instead of 2, so he doesn't even need to get that close.

Taking things more logically, though, he'd need to get close enough to find a weak point in the armour, and take advantage, which pretty much means getting close undetected. He could do it, but only if he's not expected.

Then again, would Master Chief expect a 12th century Assassin to come after a later-generation saviour of humanity?

EDIT: I abstain from voting on this topic when there's no "depends on context" option.

LaCava1
11-17-2010, 03:40 PM
The winner? MARIO AUDITORE!

In all seriousness though, I hate the Halo series. I never saw the appeal.

But it all depends on armor, etc...
Maybe if it was no armor, weapons, just a fist-fight to the death, it would be even.

afrolarry
11-17-2010, 04:05 PM
uhhh, master chief.
he has shields, 25th century armor, a motion tracker, cortana, super strength (even without his armor, he's genetically altered to have super senses and strength), super speed, and he has been trained since he was 5.

altiar may be a sneaky, very talented, little mofo but you gotta remember the chief has fought INVISIBLE SUPER STRENGTH ALIENS WITH LASER SWORDS, and come out on top. not to mention he can go in water

ubercool777
11-17-2010, 04:18 PM
Ezio in Brotherhood would win, but let's try something more interesting. Ezio (Brotherhood) vs. Kratos!!!!!

Redfeather1975
11-17-2010, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
He can put has hands together and be impossible to identify as a threat. And Master Chief doesn't kill civilians.
obliviondoll brought up a good point. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif