PDA

View Full Version : Question + Patch Requests + My Review (PC)



MoZqUiTo79
04-10-2008, 05:21 PM
1) Is there anyway to remove the HUD in the PC version? Considering that the keyboard controls in no way resemble the "action diamond" on the upper right corner of the screen, I find most of the objects on the HUD distracting. Also, the game would just feel a bit more immersive, and the visuals would be more appealing.

2) If I may make a suggestion for a future patch: it would be really nice if there were a way to exit the game without having to go through a lengthy series of menus (apart from using alt-f4), and also the ability to skip cut-scenes would be greatly appreciated as well.

3) My Review: I'm currently on Memory Block 3, and so far I can honestly say this is coming out to be one amazing game. It runs perfectly smooth, and even though I'm unable to max out the settings without suffering from poor framerate, at medium-high settings, it still looks fantastic. (Also, I'm afraid to push the GPU, cause one of my fans recently broke).

Even though the game is obviously a console port, it functions quite well, at least on my PC. Although there are a few options or features missing that us PC players have become quite accustomed to, most of them I don't really miss (such as the ability to quick save, the game autosaves practically every 2 minutes).

So far I've only experienced one bug/glitch, and it was when I tried to "high-profile assassinate" a guard with the wrist blade, while jumping off a high railing. The move didn't strike, but the assassination sound effects still played. The guard was then invincible to all my sword attacks, until I was able to grabbed him; he then was restored to normal.



My rig, for those interested:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+
XFX GeForce 8600 GT
2 GB RAM
Windows XP

NightOrchid
04-10-2008, 07:17 PM
MoZqUiTo79, for 1) From Ingame press ESC, then goto Options.. I Think you can adjust the hud from there.

Hope that helps
Night

joke_dst
04-11-2008, 07:30 AM
exit the game without having to go through a lengthy series of menus (apart from using alt-f4)

What's wrong with Alt+F4? It's instantaneous!

And I've never managed to assassinate anyone when jumping down from a roof http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif Not for lack of trying... :P

MoZqUiTo79
04-11-2008, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by NightOrchid:
MoZqUiTo79, for 1) From Ingame press ESC, then goto Options.. I Think you can adjust the hud from there.

Hope that helps
Night

Nice! Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!


Originally posted by joke_dst:
And I've never managed to assassinate anyone when jumping down from a roof http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif Not for lack of trying... :P

Neither have I. Actually encountered another glitch while doing the exact same thing: I was launched straight up into the air upon landing directly on the guards helmet. Was launched super high up, and unfortunately, the fall killed me. I guess the lesson is: If you try and fail, stop trying.

Raggz67
04-11-2008, 11:05 AM
I have assassinated MANY by jumping down from ledges and roofs. It works fine. You just have to pay attention the the controls on the HUD. When the assasinate button shows up just click the correct button.

MoZqUiTo79
04-11-2008, 12:40 PM
I'm sure I do it the right way. Like I said, Altair does the jumping with wrist blade drawn animation, and the "high profile kill" sound effect sounds, it just never seems to hit. With the first bug I mentioned, the sound effects of the blade hitting flesh and the guy crying out played, it just didn't happen, the guy was standing still next to me. He was then immune to every physical attack I threw at him, as if he wasn't there. Worst part was he was still doing damage to me. Like I said, it was "fixed" when I grabbed him.

The second time, Altair literally bounced off the guards helmet, and went flying straight up into the air.... I'm gonna start playing with FRAPS on, lol.

Ghost_Hybrid
04-11-2008, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by MoZqUiTo79:
I'm sure I do it the right way. Like I said, Altair does the jumping with wrist blade drawn animation, and the "high profile kill" sound effect sounds, it just never seems to hit. With the first bug I mentioned, the sound effects of the blade hitting flesh and the guy crying out played, it just didn't happen, the guy was standing still next to me. He was then immune to every physical attack I threw at him, as if he wasn't there. Worst part was he was still doing damage to me. Like I said, it was "fixed" when I grabbed him.

The second time, Altair literally bounced off the guards helmet, and went flying straight up into the air.... I'm gonna start playing with FRAPS on, lol.

Frustrating Im sure that is....I think the enemy has been taking growth hormone with thier coffee.

Id love to see your video or fraps.