PDA

View Full Version : GRFS Boycott

blueberry606
06-09-2011, 12:57 PM
Well im just lost now. After seeing the E3 2011 game play I am so miffed off at UBI I can barely stand it. I have waited for years for the new game. I have supported them all along the way. This is the uglist game out of E3. Third person? Oh my goodness what are they thinking. They have pushed us in the arms of BF3. I know knowone from UBI ever reads these. But I am telling everyone in the comunity to boycott this one. This is what we the players who have played the original GR asked for? Im telling you, we wont be able to turn the tide, but darn it if I buy that poop.

BOYCOTt. BOYCOTt. BOYCOTt.

kalenath
06-10-2011, 04:17 AM
Do you REALLY think anyone from Ubi gives a flying rats *** what WE think?

They know what THEY want to do, and we have to deal with it. They have taken the franchise in the direction THEY want, and they are the publisher, they can shove it into a pile of horse manure for all WE matter to them. Maybe the final game, IF it actually comes out in 2012 and is not postponed yet again until 2015 or so, will not be this ugly linear piece of shooter crap.

But I wouldn't bet money on it.

Ghost Recon WAS about stealth and tactics. Now it seems to be about invisibility suits and killing things as quickly as possible while running around like a stupid fool.

Players these days want fast, they want blood, they want BIG ****ING guns with lots of shooting, they want action scenes with LOTS of things blowing up. They don't want slow, methodical or taking the bad guys out with no alarms raised. No siree, they don't want that.

For the record, I won't buy it either. If the extent of tactics happen to be:

Activate inviso suit
Select full auto
Press button to CHARGE!

Well...

They can CALL it Ghost Recon if they wish. They can call it *******ed Rubbish too. I won't buy it.

blueberry606
06-10-2011, 01:12 PM
Its just a shame they ripped off Gears of War for the game mechanics. Its actualy a good game. I am not surprised that UBI France did not learn a thing from Star craft re-release. I personaly dont want to watch my player playing, I want to be that person in game. I think Guillemot has filled the House of UBI with morons. Well, maybe not. The 12 year olds are having a great time.

Avean
04-28-2012, 09:21 PM
Totally disagree with above. Having thirdperson gives you more of a movie feel to it. I just love staying in covering and seeing beatiful animations.
GRFS is an awesome game.

Compassghost
04-28-2012, 10:36 PM
Third person gameplay changes up tactics. In traditional first person shooters, a lot of times the camping team has the advantage simply because they can set up snipers and say "come into this doorway and i'll shoot."

Third person addresses that, slowing the pace down.

That was one of the problems sort of with SWAT 4, which was otherwise an awesome game. People could just lean around corners and get shot by a camper since running and gunning was impossible.

I don't have GRFS gameplay, but you can see that the third person doesn't feel out of touch here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhTD9yMWT98

gaelicwarlord
04-29-2012, 11:29 PM
Well im just lost now. After seeing the E3 2011 game play I am so miffed off at UBI I can barely stand it. I have waited for years for the new game. I have supported them all along the way. This is the uglist game out of E3. Third person? Oh my goodness what are they thinking. They have pushed us in the arms of BF3. I know knowone from UBI ever reads these. But I am telling everyone in the comunity to boycott this one. This is what we the players who have played the original GR asked for? Im telling you, we wont be able to turn the tide, but darn it if I buy that poop.

BOYCOTt. BOYCOTt. BOYCOTt.

Ugliest?... hardly. I really don't see any of your points backed up by anything. If you want realism and something close to GR:1's experience, try out Arma. its the next best thing. Sure, it has third person in it as well, but a lot of servers disable the 3rd Person view. Don't really see what all the crying is about. : /

IFoUnDaTiOnzZI
04-29-2012, 11:52 PM
your opinion is complete trash, of course i respect it but it is just trash

Mikeseoz
05-01-2012, 06:11 PM
Ghost Recon was always a FPS, donno why UBI changes it to TPS, they dont even ask us, they just went straight. LAME

Ubisof do a favor to yourself, call this game something else and take the time to make a real and solid ghost recon for PC.... not a port

3rd Person is a DEAL BREAKER.
http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=58133