PDA

View Full Version : Trac Ir ?

WTE_Target
01-25-2005, 08:34 AM
G'day all !
When I used Trac Ir I found that the veiw to the rear was less than the same veiw from the key board. ie: you could see further around with the number pad.

I seem to recall a long time ago a post somewhere about this and a fix,don't know where or when I read it but any help would be apreciated .

WTE_Target
01-25-2005, 08:34 AM
G'day all !
When I used Trac Ir I found that the veiw to the rear was less than the same veiw from the key board. ie: you could see further around with the number pad.

I seem to recall a long time ago a post somewhere about this and a fix,don't know where or when I read it but any help would be apreciated .

Crash_Moses
01-25-2005, 06:43 PM
I've noticed the same phenomenon.

I think the reason is that the TrackIR can't see your reflective dot if you turn your head too far one way or the other. If it loses sight of the dot before your view has panned all the way to the left or right it will just stop until it can see it again (or if you have TIR3 Pro and the version 4.0 software it will center the view after a couple of seconds.)

I haven't tried any of these but I can think of three possible solutions:

1. Adjust your settings in the TIR software so that your view to the rear reaches maximum deflection before the TIR loses sight of the dot. Of course, your view will move faster as a result and this may give you problems also depending on your current setup (motion sickness springs to mind).

2. Use a larger reflective dot that's easier for the TIR to see or put the dot on the bill of a hat. Or purchase a hat from the TIR website.

3. Move the TIR back a few inches to give it a wider field of view (or just try to make sure that you're seated well within the TIRs field of view).

Hope one of these helps.

CM

WTE_Target
01-25-2005, 06:48 PM
Thx mate!
I think it is working properly but I am sure I remember reading that it was limited for some reason or other can't remember and I am sure that it has a fix but just cant remember .
Thx for the reply though mate.

VR_ZOO1
01-25-2005, 07:09 PM
Look here (http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/games/il2.html)

WTE_Target
01-25-2005, 07:43 PM
Yeah I searched this sight earlier [your link dont work for me] and found a few references but nothing concrete.Thx all the same mate

WTE_Target
01-25-2005, 08:05 PM
Hey guys thx for the input I fooled around and worked it out myself ....now have full vision all the way around to the rear just like the number pad http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
~S~

Crash_Moses
01-26-2005, 07:25 PM
Cool! What was the solution?