PDA

View Full Version : Have you escaped from enemy forces?

zugfuhrer
01-18-2006, 03:34 PM
I must have been shoot down over enemy territory 1000 times and I cant ever remind me that I have escaped from enemy forces.
I have sometimes thought that I was over own side of border but no.
Sometimes I see that " **** has escaped from enemy force"
How does it work this method to decide if the player has escaped from enemy force.

zugfuhrer
01-18-2006, 03:34 PM
I must have been shoot down over enemy territory 1000 times and I cant ever remind me that I have escaped from enemy forces.
I have sometimes thought that I was over own side of border but no.
Sometimes I see that " **** has escaped from enemy force"
How does it work this method to decide if the player has escaped from enemy force.

Zeus-cat
01-18-2006, 03:53 PM
If I recall correctly (which is a BIG IF), this feature was added in one of the patches. I think you have to be "close" to the front lines to escape. If you crash or parachut ebehind enemy lines you have a small (unknown?) probability of escaping.

Chuck_Older
01-18-2006, 04:03 PM
I escaped from enemy forces just this afternoon. My boss wanted to talk to me about something for half an hour after I should have been long gone, but when he turned his back I practiced a little escape and evasion and made it all the way back to friendly territory

Jabout
01-18-2006, 04:12 PM
I haven't, but I had an English Teacher at school who escaped from a German POW camp twice.

Dukayn_450
01-18-2006, 04:55 PM
It's a server-side setting, you can set what the chance of escaping from enemy forces are in the map configuration.

CaptAce
01-18-2006, 04:58 PM
I think you have to wait and parachute all the way to the ground. If you click refly before that, I believe it says you're captured automatically. If you wait until you fall all the way (you can use time compression in single player) then it calculates your chance of escaping based on your distance from the lines.

I'm not positive that it can only do the calculation if you're on the ground, but it makes sense. I don't think the game would be able to recognize where you are in relation to the ground if you're in the air. In any case, online I always wait for my guy to hit the ground before I click refly and I escape from enemy forces often.

jugent
01-20-2006, 02:43 PM
I have tried to hit refly early and late.
If you leave your plane at high alt, I have died 100 m above friendly ground. I think that the game has a randomized bad-luck patch. If you are unlucky, you dont hit anything, the flak killes you and you black out more easy.
Thoose who fly for the blue side, is more likly to get a high number of unluckyness :-)

danjama
01-20-2006, 02:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chuck_Older:
I escaped from enemy forces just this afternoon. My boss wanted to talk to me about something for half an hour after I should have been long gone, but when he turned his back I practiced a little escape and evasion and made it all the way back to friendly territory </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

tomtheyak
01-20-2006, 05:54 PM
I've managed a bit of virtual E&E a few times now; 3 times online, and even once during a Dgen campaign!

Its a bit of a mixed bag - came down on my side of the lines once and still was captured; think it is calculated by the proximity of the nearest friendly/enemy ground unit(s).

BadA1m
01-20-2006, 06:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chuck_Older:
I escaped from enemy forces just this afternoon. My boss wanted to talk to me about something for half an hour after I should have been long gone, but when he turned his back I practiced a little escape and evasion and made it all the way back to friendly territory </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Your lucky!! I work for myself; My boss is always cranky and hard to live with (at least I never have to guess what he's up to), the hours are long, the pay sucks and no matter how hard I try I can't get myself fired. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif