PDA

View Full Version : Air Assassinate/Templar Counter/Ledge Jump

raz22
11-18-2007, 11:18 AM
Hey all, a few quick questions:

1. Air Assassinate - Has anyone solidifed the keys to go from a ledge right onto an enemy and assassinate with the hidden blade? The last time I tried ended with horrible failure and me vs. at least 15 guards. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

2. Templar Counter - During fights with Templars you run across, can you counter their attacks? It seems like last time I tried it wasn't working, or I was missing the timing. Can they only be defeated with regular combo attacks?

3. Ledge Jump - I tried to scale the huge cathedral in Acre like in the video we saw online (where Altair makes it to the top steeple). He climbs up a window and jumps to a higher side ledge to proceed to the large circular stained glass window. When I controlled him, he didn't appear to be able to jump to that higher ledge. Is that an ability gained later? All I can do is drop and grasp.

Thanks in advance for any help! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

m4rkham
11-18-2007, 11:26 AM
1. Make sure you lock on to the target, go into high profile and hit the attack button if you're not to high or to far away he should do it.

2. Yes you can counter Templars usually takes a few to kill them though, not sure about Combo killing them

3. Not sure - havn't tried climbing the cathedral yet

IVlatty
11-18-2007, 12:04 PM
still havnt managed the jumping hidden blade from high up, i always mess it up and makes assassinations look sloppy.

you can counter, usually the first counter is a punch or kick, the 2nd is usually for the kill, and yes you can combo attack them, they just take longer to die

iv jumped up the cathedral, u gotta climb up it form the side bits that stick out, thier are hand holds on the outside bits so you have to get onto the roof that gos round it that is about half way the hight of the full thing, then get on the outside of the things that stick out and climb up them, it will make sense when you see it and it took me a while to find the dam things.

Rogue4152
11-18-2007, 12:28 PM
i just climbed the face of the cathedral and go to the big circle thing. go to the side doors ( there should be 3) climb up till you see a window. you shouldnt be able to climb anymore straight up. now jump to the side and grap a ledge. now jump back to the other side that you came from and continue going up to the circle.

raz22
11-18-2007, 01:21 PM
Rogue4152: When you say "now jump to the side and grasp a ledge". Is that a move that needs to be re-mastered or can you do it by default? I know that some moves have to be "re-learned" as you complete tasks, but how exactly to do you "jump to the side" to grasp a ledge? Is it the "A" button?

I guess it just wasn't seeming to work for me. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Thank you all for your answers!

Zikro
11-18-2007, 01:27 PM
I remember that Cathedral, with the view point and flag at the very tip top. Took me half an hour to figure out how to climb it but it was worth it. The view was amazing (it's surely the highest point in the game, I have no doubts about that).

Xplicitt
11-18-2007, 02:03 PM
I have also climbed the Cathedral or however you spell it. You can't climb up it straight up the face like others have said, at some poit in time I had to jump to the left and climb up a side that was facing inwards towards the middle. To do the jump move all you do is hold right trigger, it should give you the option to jump with a, point where you want to jmup then press A and it will, it will automatically catch the ledge if you at the right spot. And then climb up. Hope this helps.

raz22
11-18-2007, 02:21 PM
Zikro: Is it possible to do a leap of faith from that I? I imagine the hay cart would break into a million pieces, along with Altair's body. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Xplicitt: Thanks for the tip. I'll check the control options to see if I get the option to make the jump.

BlazeItUp
11-18-2007, 02:26 PM
the air assassinate is pretty easy. try practicing on roof guards or just straight up guards. as long as ur not too high or too far away just lock on and run at them and push square.

Ekardt
11-18-2007, 03:49 PM
Big differenc ebetween the Air assassinate and the Sprint assassinate... to jump (from a building etc. above) and assassinate someone as your landing, target your victim, hang from a ledge nearby, and with your switch blade selected, look for the option "assassinate" (make sure you go into high profile). The run/sprint assassinate is too easy, just run at someone and press X.