PDA

View Full Version : IL2 - Campains and difficulty settings...

XyZspineZyX
08-31-2003, 07:12 PM
I have started a campain and set realism to full which meant no flybys. I am about 6 or 7 missions into the USSR campain. I would like flybys back on as I miss seeing the outside of my plane but I don't want to restart the campain. Is there any ini or cfg file somewhere or a reg key that I can turn flybys back on for the current campain?

Please advise ASAP!

Charles.

Message Edited on 08/31/0306:13PM by froazan

XyZspineZyX
08-31-2003, 07:12 PM
I have started a campain and set realism to full which meant no flybys. I am about 6 or 7 missions into the USSR campain. I would like flybys back on as I miss seeing the outside of my plane but I don't want to restart the campain. Is there any ini or cfg file somewhere or a reg key that I can turn flybys back on for the current campain?

Please advise ASAP!

Charles.

Message Edited on 08/31/0306:13PM by froazan

XyZspineZyX
08-31-2003, 09:03 PM
Anyone?

XyZspineZyX
08-31-2003, 11:26 PM
Hi froazan,

Unfortunately the short answer is "no", there isn't an .ini, .cfg or registry setting to allow you to change difficulty setting mid-campaign.

...however, I read somewhere once that it CAN be done. Something along the lines of this...

make copies of the pilot campaign files, delete campaign, create new campaign with difficulty settings as required using exactly the same pilot name and finally copy back the old campaign files.

I might have remembered incorrectly and it sounds 'dangerous' so be careful! I think there might be a thread on this in the archives at SimHQ.com giving more details.

Regards,
Apollo

XyZspineZyX
08-31-2003, 11:33 PM
Hey man! thanks.

Charles.

XyZspineZyX
08-31-2003, 11:43 PM
Hi again,

I found the link that I remembered reading some while back to save you the searching:

http://oldsite.simhq.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=35;t=020418

Look for "Andew's" post about 1/2 way down. Slightly more involved than I thought but apparently possible.

Apollo

XyZspineZyX
09-01-2003, 04:41 AM
Sorry, do not mean to hijack this thread, but I was going to start a new thread with the same thread name as this one, so I will ask in here.

I just started the German campaign a few days ago, ( I just got FB last week and totally enjoy it! Also recently started to use a joystick again (( ms ff2 )) Was using a gamepad for il2 original, have not used a joystick since my Commodore 64 days with Microprose F-15/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif )
I have choosen the southern sector and am starting in the Crimea with the 109 e4. It seems too easy to shoot down the opposition as compared to the original il2. I DO NOT have the easy settings on for gunnery, everything is full realism, except for flyby mode which I enjoy seeing my own aircraft. Is it just me, or are things different than the original il2?

Leben Sie heute, für morgen zu k¤mpfen