PDA

View Full Version : Teamspeak- how many and how to?

drizz01
12-25-2004, 01:52 AM
Just installed teamspeak at the advice of some posters here.

My question is, is it mostly being used by people in online "squadrons" on dedicated servers, or is it more widely in use on, for example, open hyperlobby games?

If so, how do you know which channel to go to, etc?

drizz01
12-25-2004, 01:52 AM
Just installed teamspeak at the advice of some posters here.

My question is, is it mostly being used by people in online "squadrons" on dedicated servers, or is it more widely in use on, for example, open hyperlobby games?

If so, how do you know which channel to go to, etc?

antifreeze
12-25-2004, 04:39 AM
I haven't updated these for a long time, so some might have changed. These were the dogfight servers which had dedicated public TS servers 6 months ago.

server: Warclouds
ip: 67.18.111.250
password: warcloudsrox

Birds of prey
236thsquadron

Virtualpilots
telija.net
vpilot

BajaMaja
212.116.37.18:8767
Bajis

UK-Dedicated
81.108.47.40:9090
scraps

Just ask in your favourite hyperlobby servers if there is a dedicated TS, and you'll either be given the server info, or a website where you can get it. All the online wars also have their own dedicated TS servers.

You're less likely to be able to hook up on TS in an open coop, but no harm in asking the guys on your side if anyone is using it.

You can also host TS yourself, as long as you have ADSL/broadband. It doesn't affect your game very much; you'll know if it does because voices will 'crack-up' when they speak. Download the TS server from the TeamSpeak site.
Don't host a game *and* a TS server at the same time, unless you've got a really fast connection.
The other alternative to hosting is that next to the 'local AddressBook' tab (on the 'connect' screen'), there is a tab reading 'web server list'. Go to that screen and you'll see lots of open, public servers listed. Just join one that doesn't have anyone in it and give your wingman/mates/squad the ip address.

VF-29_Sandman
12-25-2004, 08:38 AM
when on a server, pay attention to ur wing. dont be cluttering up the airwaves with useless chatter. being on teamspeak is to co-ordinate everything in a team effort. if ur just going to be a lone wolf and not be part of a team, dont bother getting on the server and irratating every1 with 'help me'...and u were the 1 that didnt bother to wait for the rest of the team before diving into a 5 on 1 setup.