PDA

View Full Version : sorry... very very newbie

XyZspineZyX
11-13-2003, 12:36 AM
I apologize in advance for the utter idiocy this post must carry w/ it, but I just got this game and I have a few questions...

I'm in the proccess of downloading the 1.2b patch right now... will this add the Pacific Map / Mustang / Zero I see talked about so much in this forum? Or are these third-party addons?

XyZspineZyX
11-13-2003, 12:36 AM
I apologize in advance for the utter idiocy this post must carry w/ it, but I just got this game and I have a few questions...

I'm in the proccess of downloading the 1.2b patch right now... will this add the Pacific Map / Mustang / Zero I see talked about so much in this forum? Or are these third-party addons?

XyZspineZyX
11-13-2003, 12:38 AM
hi.

Q1: yes they are in the patch
Q2: there are no 3rd party add ons for FB. everything goes through oleg's hands

2 things we need in FB:
The 110 and the desert!!!
http://exn.ca/news/images/1999/04/23/19990423-Me110coloursideMAIN.jpg

XyZspineZyX
11-13-2003, 12:39 AM
WOO! thanks a lot... these are by far the quickest responding forums I've ever had the pleasure to post in.

XyZspineZyX
11-13-2003, 12:39 AM
Well, yes to both questions. You see, a lot of the post-release stuff for Il-2 is third-party, but the closed-source nature of the game requires that the software developers themselves integrate all of it into the code. Sorta adds a quality control to third-party stuff; no invisible Mustangs with 300 cannon or that sorta crap.

"Oh no, the V-1 Doodlebug is heading for our bunghole!" ---David

"...I possess the wings of faith. Though heavy on my shoulder (no measurement can prove their weight), still a burden are they not to me. I am the challenger of gravity." ---Emperor

XyZspineZyX
11-13-2003, 02:48 AM
It's our pleasure try to help newbies on the simulator bud, so please don't feel like an idiot here. :-)

Be welcome!

http://sites.uol.com.br/disco_virtual/cmte_carvalho/compartilhada/Forgotten_Battles/Assinatura_IV.gif