PDA

View Full Version : Black Edition Bonus Locations

Tantalus227
12-18-2009, 11:14 AM
I believe I read somewhere that these would be eventually available to everyone, do we know when?

Jlroberts
12-18-2009, 12:31 PM
I WANT THEM NOW!!!! Patrice said if enough people ask he will release them...we want them now.

C_Seerden
12-18-2009, 12:36 PM
I'd really like to be able to go to those locations, I do have the Black Edition, but my little brother used the code on his account. x]

MrNussbaum
12-18-2009, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by C_Seerden:
I'd really like to be able to go to those locations, I do have the Black Edition, but my little brother used the code on his account. x]

So play it on his account then.

C_Seerden
12-18-2009, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by MrNussbaum:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by C_Seerden:

So play it on his account then. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I want to play through the locations on my own account. :B

Gunman SG
12-18-2009, 03:40 PM
But seriously though, does anyone know when the black edition maps are coming out as DLC and being available to everyone?

Fenro
12-19-2009, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by ShadowGunman:
But seriously though, does anyone know when the black edition maps are coming out as DLC and being available to everyone?

I hope they wont be released for others, theres a meaning behind "exclusive", god-damnit.... -.-

SpedStyle
12-19-2009, 05:07 AM
sorry but exclusive doesnt mean anything these days except maybe that you get it first, EVERYONE NEEDS this to get 100% sync, why would they sell it like that, if you have ps3 then yes u got 6 extra weapons not on 360 but that is only real exclusive

OzDavis
12-19-2009, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by spedman201:
sorry but exclusive doesnt mean anything these days except maybe that you get it first... I can live with that.

It's just all these folks complaining that their game is 'incomplete' and they want the extra content now (and in some cases, free to boot!) when there are those of us that paid extra specifically to get it 'exclusively'.

Sorry, but if sequence 14 had been missing from the game, then they'd have a point, but the Templar Lairs are no more crucial to the main storyline of the game than, say, the Courier missions. Yes they are kinda like the Assassin Tombs, but you don't get anything funky at the end, no cool weapon, no seal, just a bunch of money chests like the end of the Family Crypt.... and who doesn't have more money than they know what to do with long before they reach 90% synchronisation?

Assassin_M
12-19-2009, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by Fenro:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ShadowGunman:

I hope they wont be released for others, theres a meaning behind "exclusive", god-damnit.... -.- </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
YOUR BAAAAAAAD SEEEEEED

Tantalus227
12-19-2009, 11:57 AM
I'm looking forward to them because being a perfectionist I'm irritated at the 97.6% sync!

I'm not expecting them to be free at all, infact I'd be willing to pay because of those who had to pay extra in the first place, it would be unfair on them otherwise.

I also appreciate how annoying it would be for those to purchased exclusive editions for the exclusive content to be available within a month of it being released. My thoughts is that it wouldn't be available before the new year... I just wish they would tell us a date!!

Please!!

IEzioI
12-19-2009, 12:09 PM
I was just planning on buying the black edition on ebay for the bonus stuff.

I have master assassin edition from gamestop allready but i would like that arsenal shipyard location and the black figure and conspiracy book.

plus the case is awesome http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Tantalus227
12-19-2009, 12:46 PM
Admittedly I am considering buying it just for the figurine!

IEzioI
12-19-2009, 04:33 PM
pretty pricy but so worth it

Avl521
12-19-2009, 05:27 PM
I want those maps too just because I NEED to complete this game 100% I have everything, and that's something I almost never bother to do in games, the only games I've done everything possible on has been RE5, AC, Final Fantasy XII (yeah farming all those items, quitting to get random things of chests, beating everything in game, reaching level 99 with every character etc.) and AC2 but I need the maps to get 100% so I want those maps no matter what, and yes, I'm willing to pay for those maps.
incredibly enough I have never payed to get DLC, if it's not free, then I don't get it, however AC2 and RE5 gave me so much fun, and were so awesome to me, that I have decided that Next year I'll buy both AC2 DLCs, and the RE5 DLC.
AC2 is my favorite game ever, so it's only natural wishing to play more.

Tantalus227
12-20-2009, 04:19 AM
I have to agree, I've never been this overwhelmed with a game that I've been willing to run around for hours collecting everything there is to collect! But now I've got it all... and I've nothing left to do but play the game again... which I'm on my 4th time around already!

I really can't wait for the DLC to come out just so I've got something new to do!

OzDavis
12-20-2009, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by IEzioI:
I was just planning on buying the black edition...

...plus the case is awesome http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I have to admit I was most impressed with the case when I pulled it out of the packaging.
It is very shiny... both in a literal and figurative sense!

Originally posted by Tantalus227:
Admittedly I am considering buying it just for the figurine! Usually I am very 'meh!' about figurines in special editions.
The one with the black edition is nice though, if you're into that sort of thing.

Mafelix76
12-20-2009, 08:18 PM
These shouldn't be released at all. Exclusive to Black edition should stay that way. There was a tonne of advertising about the black edition and the advantage of getting it, and if that changes you can kiss good bye any creditability that UBI Soft will have for future "EXCLUSIVE" releases.

PC version isn't even out yet, so all those who have pre-ordered the black edition will certainly be annoyed if this is released, specially before they even have the game in their hands.

EzioAssassin51
12-21-2009, 04:45 AM
That's pretty selfish to say that! I'll bet if you didn't have the AC2 Black edition you probably wouldn't be saying that! But i agree about the PC users!

If they are going to be released, and i really hope they do because i want to play them, then they will be released well after the PC is out! Maybe in Q2 or Q3 next year! or maybe even Q4 but i doubt it will be that long!

Koemi
12-21-2009, 06:58 AM
I have the master edition and well, just another treasure hunting so really - no big deal at all. So calm down, fellas. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Go stick more poison blades into those annoying musicians - that should chill you out.

Tantalus227
12-21-2009, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Mafelix76:
These shouldn't be released at all. Exclusive to Black edition should stay that way. There was a tonne of advertising about the black edition and the advantage of getting it, and if that changes you can kiss good bye any creditability that UBI Soft will have for future "EXCLUSIVE" releases.

PC version isn't even out yet, so all those who have pre-ordered the black edition will certainly be annoyed if this is released, specially before they even have the game in their hands.

I'm sure if I owned the Black Edition (which, for the record, I am considering buying after christmas) I would feel the same way IF (and a big if) people were able to complete the game without the exclusives.

I'm sure if those of us were able to complete 100% without these extra locations none of us would be that fussed.

ValidatedDavid
12-21-2009, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Mafelix76:

I'm fairly certain that it has been confirmed in interviews with Ubi that the bonus maps are going to be available to everyone at some point in the future as DLC.

The problem with keeping the extra content solely exclusive to the people who bought the Black Edition is that The Black Edition wasn't available in some (actually quite a few) territories so there are people who wanted it, and would have bought it, but couldn't do so.

I bought the most complete (expensive) version that was available in my territory but am still missing the shipyards map so I look forward to being able to pick this up as DLC since I would have bought the black edition if I could have.

The problem is that gaming companies offer different packages in different countries (or sometimes even at different stores in the same country). It's a stupid practice that seems to **** off as many people as it pleases and is easily fixed by offering uniform collector's editions across the board.