PDA

View Full Version : elevator trim in IL2

XyZspineZyX
09-25-2003, 07:07 PM
Trim adjustments, like so many other subjects (weapons, icons), aren't covered in the IL2 manual. There's a reference to the control key somewhere, and that's it. I learned by doing, and found that the Shift key greatly affects airspeed when diving in a (I think) properly trimmed F109.

Can anyone explain the function of the Shift key in combination with Control key? It seems to "set" the trim, but what do I know ... I only have about 1,000 hrs. in IL-2 and 109s!

See y'all in the air -- if only briefly -- when I get my DSL!!

Note to UBI: get your act together on the manual if you want to sell me FB! All this patch discussion's got me worried, too... I hadk to download about 5 to get IL-2 up to speed. I'm in no hurry to download and recalibrate and curse all over again.

And where the hell is Harpoon!?

XyZspineZyX
09-25-2003, 07:07 PM
Trim adjustments, like so many other subjects (weapons, icons), aren't covered in the IL2 manual. There's a reference to the control key somewhere, and that's it. I learned by doing, and found that the Shift key greatly affects airspeed when diving in a (I think) properly trimmed F109.

Can anyone explain the function of the Shift key in combination with Control key? It seems to "set" the trim, but what do I know ... I only have about 1,000 hrs. in IL-2 and 109s!

See y'all in the air -- if only briefly -- when I get my DSL!!

Note to UBI: get your act together on the manual if you want to sell me FB! All this patch discussion's got me worried, too... I hadk to download about 5 to get IL-2 up to speed. I'm in no hurry to download and recalibrate and curse all over again.

And where the hell is Harpoon!?

XyZspineZyX
09-25-2003, 07:10 PM
It's not in the manual, It's on the card that came with the game that shows all the default key commands.

XyZspineZyX
09-25-2003, 07:11 PM
In IL2 put your trim on a slider (ex. throttle wheel of the joystick) The buttons, if you want to use them you will have to tap tap tap.

"The Force is strong with this one." -What an ace said of RayBanJockey during a fight when he was still a newbie.
<a href=http://www.theinformationminister.com/press.php?ID=612109283>news update</a>

XyZspineZyX
09-25-2003, 10:15 PM
With or without trim a 109 will still dive fast enough to rip the wings off.

It takes me about 6 taps to trim for level flight. That keeps my guns steady, and I don't need to touch it the rest of the time.

XyZspineZyX
09-25-2003, 10:26 PM
I only recently started using the trim functions. I always wondered what all of those wheels on the cougar throttle I could use for, now I know, and how could I ever fly without them?

XyZspineZyX
09-25-2003, 10:30 PM
Trim on a slider is great when you are navigating to the other airfields. and occasionally, when you fly a plane without trim (I-16) your hand begins to ache because you have to hold the stick constantly into forward position /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye
shall be judged: and with what
measure ye mete, it shall be
measured to you again.

http://acompletewasteofspace.com/forum/templates/subSilver/images/logo_phpBB.gif (http://acompletewasteofspace.com/forum/index.php)