PDA

View Full Version : Pathetic guards

Sarari
09-27-2011, 03:39 PM
I know there are posts about this subject but I felt like i needed to post a thread myself.

The guards in AC:B were far to easy you can kill 30 guys in a row without getting hit once. Also, if you look at the gamescom demo with Ezio in Masyaf, you'll see that the second guy he kills just spreads his arms out so Ezio could have a clean shot at him.

If you ask me,that's very stupid. I'm not posting this up as a question, i just felt like sharing it. :P

Abeonis
09-27-2011, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Sarari:
I know there are posts about this subject but I felt like i needed to post a thread myself.

The guards in AC:B were far to easy you can kill 30 guys in a row without getting hit once. Also, if you look at the gamescom demo with Ezio in Masyaf, you'll see that the second guy he kills just spreads his arms out so Ezio could have a clean shot at him.

If you ask me,that's very stupid. I'm not posting this up as a question, i just felt like sharing it. :P

If we were allowed to do everything we just felt like doing, this world would be even more screwed over than it already is. As you admitted, you've not posted this as a question, so don't waste your own effort, and mine, by creating a new thread when you know you're not supposed to.

Lock please, mod?

flyingeaglemile
09-27-2011, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Abeonis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sarari:

If we were allowed to do everything we just felt like doing, this world would be even more screwed over than it already is. As you admitted, you've not posted this as a question, so don't waste your own effort, and mine, by creating a new thread when you know you're not supposed to.

Lock please, mod? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Relax, you sound like a templar.

Animuses
09-27-2011, 05:06 PM
He really does. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

LightRey
09-27-2011, 05:25 PM
He's still right. There's no excuse for knowingly breaking the rules like that and these threads are getting increasingly annoying.

Calvarok
09-27-2011, 05:33 PM
If you pay attention, when they lift their arms, it's because they're begging Ezio not to kill them. Ezio is more skilled than most of the guards he will face, you're not supposed to feel weak. But Gabe has said that they're trying to make the stronger enemies more difficult, and have tweaked a lot of things to make the game at least a little bit more difficult combat-wise.

Jexx21
09-27-2011, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
If you pay attention, when they lift their arms, it's because they're begging Ezio not to kill them. Ezio is more skilled than most of the guards he will face, you're not supposed to feel weak. But Gabe has said that they're trying to make the stronger enemies more difficult, and have tweaked a lot of things to make the game at least a little bit more difficult combat-wise.

To be honest, if someone as skilled as Ezio ever attacked me, my instinct would probably make me beg too.

LightRey
09-27-2011, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
Well, sometimes they're not begging, but saying things like they'll get their revenge and stuff like that, but yeah, they're surrendering.

Calvarok
09-27-2011, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
Well, sometimes they're not begging, but saying things like they'll get their revenge and stuff like that, but yeah, they're surrendering. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, I just went back to look at it, and a lot of the time they're actually going in for an attack, but Ezio attacks quicker from the other way. ; )

itsamea-mario
09-28-2011, 03:40 PM
I don't think they're surrendering, I find it hard to believe wise old ezio would chop down a man who's surrendering.

Sarari
09-28-2011, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by flyingeaglemile:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Abeonis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sarari:

Lock please, mod? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Relax, you sound like a templar. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Are you saying I sound like a templar?

Calvarok
09-28-2011, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
I don't think they're surrendering, I find it hard to believe wise old ezio would chop down a man who's surrendering.

If that were the case, then he would have to not kill most of his assassination targets. The guards that he kills have all made really bad life descisions. The majority of guards in that time harrassed the civilians and abused their power. Just listen to their fight dialogue for ten seconds, and you'll realize that these are not the kind of people an assassin would spare just because they chickened out at the last second.

naran6142
09-28-2011, 07:17 PM
the surrender thing doesn't make much sense to me either

as they throw their arms up as ezio stabs them, plus guards will sometime run away and when you killed a borgia captain the guards would drop to their knees to surrender

ZzFinzZ
09-29-2011, 02:43 PM
Yeeee, some guards are pretty stupid, especially the guards patrolling the roofs, a dude in a white hood walking towards you, robed and looking mennacing, RUN OR SHOOT THE GUY