PDA

View Full Version : The game freezes every time i shoot

sieganoe
07-05-2009, 03:19 AM
unplugging the internet didnt work cmmon do something man wat the hell, is this service ?!

sieganoe
07-05-2009, 03:19 AM
unplugging the internet didnt work cmmon do something man wat the hell, is this service ?!

Crozmo
07-05-2009, 04:00 PM
I have the same problem, whenever I see a muzzle flare or sometimes when I fire my own weapon both in single and to a lesser extent in multiplayer, the game freezes for 2-5 seconds and completely ruins the gameplay.

Also whenever I set graphic options and the game tells me to restart, it resets the settings except for applying them http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

I'm using windows 7 with a computer more than good enough and I just uninstalled, sweeped and reinstalled the graphics drivers without that helping.

From what little I've played in multiplayer the game seems a lot of fun and the dynamite grenades are awesome, please help http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/typing.gif

kraakmeister
07-06-2009, 05:12 AM
Same problem here. What's weird though; it only freezes when I shoot at wood. When I shoot in the sky or in the dirt, it doesn't freeze...
It's totally unplayable like this.

Specs:
Win XP pro SP3
C2D 6600
8800GT
ASUS p5b

Crozmo
07-06-2009, 09:47 AM
Also after looking at some others screenshots it seems that textures are missing, the revolvers in the very first mission look rusty and made of wood, while the screenshots show chrome and more detailed guns, this is with all settings on max http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Crozmo
07-07-2009, 10:44 AM
Bump...

I use an Asus P5 (q Pro) motherboard, maybe it's these boards who has this problem?

FredEx919
07-07-2009, 11:05 AM
Try Lowering the graphics settings from the "Video options" menu. Maybe try adjusting the texture and material quality, or just setting the video options for best performance.

Crozmo, what video card are you using on your system? unfortunately Windows 7 isn't a supported OS, but there may be some graphics options listed in the control center for your video card that may improve the performance.

Crozmo
07-07-2009, 12:03 PM
Radeon 4890, clocked to 920/1000

Performance isnt the problem, when it isnt frozen everything is smooth and beautiful.

Also when I change graphics options ingame, they reset when I start again but this might be windows 7's fault http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

kraakmeister
07-07-2009, 02:04 PM
The game is silky smooth otherwise indeed. It's the moment you shoot at something wooden, like a tree or a table or some wooden rubble, it freezes for like 3 to 5 seconds before you see the impact.

I also tried disabling my onboard sound. This doesn't help. Neither does disabling ethernet/wifi.

SmogTM
07-08-2009, 05:44 AM
I have the exact same problem. Game is beautiful and can run fine, but when I shoot at trees for example or wooden door then it freezes for some seconds. Or in the first mission when the soldiers are shoting at me in the trenches. Also I can't change graphic settings because it always revert back to default.

I have an ASUS F8S-X1 notebook: Vista Ultimate SP2, Core2Duo T5750 2 Ghz, 3 GB Ram, Ati Mobility Radeon HD 3650 with 1 GB video RAM.

Crozmo
07-08-2009, 05:05 PM
I have an Asus P5q Pro, Windows 7 64 bit, Intel E8400, 4gb ram and Ati 4890

SmogTM
07-10-2009, 04:22 AM
Wow... Now this is what I call customer support. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

FredEx919
07-10-2009, 07:41 AM
Try closing down some background applications on the system through the msconfig utility. This usually helps with performance issues such as that. Here are the steps.

1. Open the windows Start Menu
2. find the "Start Search" text area at the bottom
3. Type MSCONFIG
4. Press "Enter" on the keyboard
5. Choose "Selective Startup"
6. Disable "Load Startup Item"
7. Click "Apply"
8. Click "Close/OK"
9. Restart the system

For those having issues with the graphics settings saving, Try right clicking your desktop and going into your ATI catalyst control center/Nvidia control panel. Take a look at the settings in here and make sure your 3D settings are set for "application controlled".

SmogTM, If you are having an issue with your game and would like a faster response feel free to call in to technical support. All the information is listed in the back of your game manual.

Dr3ad_Night
07-10-2009, 09:06 AM
I am also having this problem; game runs perfect hitting 50 fps at the lowest until in multiplayer close combat where either enemy gun flare/chipped wood, causes a momentary , yet game killing fps drop (drops to around 5fps).

This makes combat in multiplayer impossible unless against an unaware enemy over a long range.

There may also be a similar effect in single player but it seems to have much less effect.

Lowering graphics setting/closing background applications/stopping sound improves nothing.

Can anyone help?

GROMRoland
07-10-2009, 03:03 PM
Try this...

C:\Documents and Settings\your user name\My Documents\COJ2\Out\profiles\default

(this is the path in XP, it will be slightly different in Vista)

find the Video.scr file in there (I'm doing this from memory so if I have the path wrong, you're still within a folder of the right place, so look around)... anyways

Open that file using notepad and look for the FXquality setting
Change the value to a higher number (it probably is defaulted to 2) try 3 or 4

There's a very nice legend at the top of that file which explains each settings possible values. Play around with that file a bit (you might try lowering or changing different things (like the FXfade etc) to see if that helps.

Note: I always make a copy of the original file before making these sorts of changes, just incase you need to roll back to the default file.
I was fiddling around with this file last night and was able to increase the visual appearance of the game quite a bit (it appears the defaults are set based on your video card, probably to optimize performance without the user knowing anything about such stuff).

If you can't find this file let me know and when I get home I'll pull mine up and copy the exact path.