PDA

View Full Version : Chessmaster XI Tutorials bugs/problems

poulpe
11-05-2007, 02:05 AM
I've started the tutorial recently, and here are the problems/bugs I've encountered so far.
Version used: 1.01
By the way, I'm following the "New Tutorial Proposed" scheme, I mean: The assisted mode.
1) In "Your First Chess Lesson" the topics "The Board" to "Chess Piece Summary" are NOT CHECKED after I've studied them.
2) Piece Value: "Quiz - Piece Value" doesn't work. I'm stuck on Page 10 of 20. If I try page 11, 12, ... on the GO section, it always go to the page 10. Therefore, in this assisted mode, I'm stuck.
3) Josh Academy, The Knight, Page 2 of 18: Josh repeats himself after each Knight's play.

Edit: I'll update this post along my study in Chessmaster XI.

Question: I had to close the assisted mode (because I was stuck in the tutorial). So, is it possible to return to this mode?

poulpe
11-06-2007, 02:59 AM
I've just found a solution for the problem 2
a) Quit the assisted mode
b) Click 'Academy' on the lower left corner.
c) then, click "Chessmaster Series"

So, the bug exist only if you follow the "Assisted mode"

msheedy
11-08-2007, 08:31 AM
Will UBI provide some download to repair these bugs- I have Chessmaster 9000. I purchased it in July 2006. When I first loaded it it was fine- I had some unrelated hard drive problems and had to 'clean' the hard drive. When I reloaded 9000 it required that I insert the disc everytime I wanted to play- I felt this was not suitable and a nuisance. I uninstalled it and stuck the discs away. I would very interested in the Chessmaster XI but don't want more problems-

andrewaclt
11-09-2007, 08:48 AM
msheedy: Luckily, both 10 (with a patch) and 11 no longer require a CD (or DVD) to be in the drive to play.

I have also run into no major issue (other than the newest Art of Learning Academy not really working.)

msheedy
11-10-2007, 05:11 AM
Thank you ANDREWACIT for the info- I'm heading to the store today

ajperger
10-18-2009, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by andrewaclt:
msheedy: Luckily, both 10 (with a patch) and 11 no longer require a CD (or DVD) to be in the drive to play.

I have also run into no major issue (other than the newest Art of Learning Academy not really working.)

Kinda new to this and have been searcing for the 'patch' you mention for version 10. Are you able to assist. Thanks much ajp

KHollister
10-18-2009, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by ajperger:
Kinda new to this and have been searcing for the 'patch' you mention for version 10. Are you able to assist. Thanks much ajp
You're in the wrong forum... you need to look in the Chessmaster 10th Edition Forum (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/760105752). You'll find the patches in the Chessmaster 10th Edition Downloads (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/760105752/m/5081052236).