PDA

View Full Version : Game guide.

Dirtwinston
11-15-2009, 06:51 AM
My roommate works at GameStop and brought home the guide last night. If you have any questions not reguarding the story line I will be glad to answer them. For instance you can dye your robes and hood 14 different colors.

SLB_2009
11-15-2009, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by Dirtwinston:
My roommate works at GameStop and brought home the guide last night. If you have any questions not reguarding the story line I will be glad to answer them. For instance you can dye your robes and hood 14 different colors.

Can we dye our robes in one colour and the hood in other?

LorenzoDeMedici
11-15-2009, 06:57 AM
- What are the cities in AC2? Is Milano in the game? And Rome... Etc?

- How many weapons are we able to play with?

Dirtwinston
11-15-2009, 06:59 AM
It dosen't get specific but I believe so because there is an achievement for dying his clothes wetlands ebony and wetlands ivory. The colors are...

Mahogany
Scarlet
Crimson
Ember
Emerald
Copper
Ochre
Auburn
Steele
Ivory
Ebony
Wine
Azure
Teal

joontje86
11-15-2009, 07:00 AM
Where is weapon 22? im stuck at 21/22

And no you cannot dye your robes in one colour and the hood in the other, the colors are pre-set and sold as a whole colour theme.

LorenzoDeMedici
11-15-2009, 07:04 AM
- What are the cities in AC2? Is Milano in the game? And Rome... Etc?

- How many weapons are we able to play with?

Please answer these http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Dirtwinston
11-15-2009, 07:05 AM
Florence, Tuscany, Venice, and Romagna

Looks around 22 weapons

LorenzoDeMedici
11-15-2009, 07:08 AM

Looks around 22 weapons

So Romagna is Rome ? Can we climb the Vatican (in construction) ? Or Colosseum?

SLB_2009
11-15-2009, 07:18 AM
Is the beard optional and can we costumise it?

DizzyTMan
11-15-2009, 07:19 AM
-Does the Metal Cetus count as a small weapon?

-What is the best small weapon? As in daggers/shortswords?

Dirtwinston
11-15-2009, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by SLB_2009:
Is the beard optional and can we costumise it?

From what I can tell no it's not, but there may be more info. inside the story portion of the guide but I won't look there yet.

Dirtwinston
11-15-2009, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by LorenzoDeMedici:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dirtwinston:

Looks around 22 weapons

So Romagna is Rome ? Can we climb the Vatican (in construction) ? Or Colosseum? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know.

Dirtwinston
11-15-2009, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by DizzyTMan:
-Does the Metal Cetus count as a small weapon?

-What is the best small weapon? As in daggers/shortswords?

Yes, it counts as a small weapon

Notched Cinquedea looks to be the best small weapon.

DizzyTMan
11-15-2009, 09:01 AM
I just saw a video with some who had the Metal Cetus AND the Notched Cinquedea. Anyway thanks.

Also:

-Can you dye Altairs armour? Or is it always black?
-Is there any armour which is as good as Altairs, or just a tiny bit worse? How much worse?

I don't like the look of Altairs armour, so I'm thinking of going with the second best, and dying it black.

kingbren08
11-15-2009, 09:08 AM
is the game as awesome as it looks?

Ravnica01
11-15-2009, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by joontje86:

You can get it by collecting all feathers, you will get a mace from uncle mario then

lukar_108
11-15-2009, 09:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LorenzoDeMedici:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dirtwinston:

Looks around 22 weapons

So Romagna is Rome ? Can we climb the Vatican (in construction) ? Or Colosseum? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no...romagna(region like tuscan) is forli' in north italy beside tuscan ..i have the official guide and rome is in the finish of game ...rome like asuf in ac1!.http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Dirtwinston
11-15-2009, 09:46 AM
I just saw a video with some who had the Metal Cetus AND the Notched Cinquedea. Anyway thanks.

Also:

-Can you dye Altairs armour? Or is it always black?
-Is there any armour which is as good as Altairs, or just a tiny bit worse? How much worse?

I don't like the look of Altairs armour, so I'm thinking of going with the second best, and dying it black.

I dosen't appear you can dye armor it wll be a black/gunmetal color. The second best is Missaglias Armor and is one health square less than Altairs'

Dirtwinston
11-15-2009, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Ravnica01:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by joontje86:

You can get it by collecting all feathers, you will get a mace from uncle mario then </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What do you mean by 453? But yes Condottiero War Hammer is 22 and is done by collecting all 50 feathers.

Dirtwinston
11-15-2009, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by kingbren08:
is the game as awesome as it looks?

I haven't played it yet or looked at the story portion of the guide but yes this game looks sick.

ACII_Addicted
11-15-2009, 10:37 AM
Can you just enter the animus and not have to load the stupid memory block ?? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

GkrewZ
11-15-2009, 11:00 AM
Can you run around rome like you can the other citys? because i heard that its just a linear portion at the end like the one from AC1

ACII_Addicted
11-15-2009, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by GkrewZ:
Can you run around rome like you can the other citys? because i heard that its just a linear portion at the end like the one from AC1
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif Yup we all need to know about this question. Please do you best and answer fast http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

DizzyTMan
11-15-2009, 01:10 PM
We know you can get Altairs outfit, but you can also get the Master Assassins outfit.

-What's the difference? What time do you obtain both of them? Can you dye any of them? Can you wear any additional armour over any of them?

GkrewZ
11-15-2009, 01:33 PM
I asked someone who has the game about rome and well...."It's super linear, NOTHING like Venice or Florence http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif . A little disappointing, but there's still Tuscany, your town, Florence, Forli, and Venice. More than enough to keep anyone busy :P"

so i guess thats our answer =[ sucks but oh well dlc maybe?

Jay--D
11-15-2009, 02:20 PM
Hi, can someone tell me what these glyphs are?

p.s: I'm new here http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Zulkin
11-15-2009, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by GkrewZ:
I asked someone who has the game about rome and well...."It's super linear, NOTHING like Venice or Florence http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif . A little disappointing, but there's still Tuscany, your town, Florence, Forli, and Venice. More than enough to keep anyone busy :P"

Forli? Am I the only one who has never heard this before?

GkrewZ
11-15-2009, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Zulkin:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GkrewZ:

Forli? Am I the only one who has never heard this before? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its been brought up a few times but not compleatly fleshed out like the other citys.

godsmack_darius
11-15-2009, 02:33 PM
Will St. Peters Square be in the game, Its is in Vatican City

GkrewZ
11-15-2009, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by godsmack_darius:

Ill ask my friend when i get a chance but he never mentioned vatican city

Cornik22
11-15-2009, 02:50 PM
Thanks! We need someone to tell us something more than "its superlinear" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Dirtwinston
11-15-2009, 04:33 PM

Which town of the 4 is Vatican City in?

Dirtwinston
11-15-2009, 04:35 PM
We know you can get Altairs outfit, but you can also get the Master Assassins outfit.

-What's the difference? What time do you obtain both of them? Can you dye any of them? Can you wear any additional armour over any of them?

No master assassin outfit of Ezios' but, you will get Altairs MA outfit I believe.

SoloT4
11-15-2009, 05:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by godsmack_darius:

Which town of the 4 is Vatican City in? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is the worlds smallest country, surrounded by Rome

Dirtwinston
11-15-2009, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Ezio2.0:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by godsmack_darius:

It is the worlds smallest country, surrounded by Rome </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't see Rome on the map. Which one is considered the smallest Tuscany or Romagna?

Pendragon_082
11-15-2009, 05:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ezio2.0:

I don't see Rome on the map. Which one is considered the smallest Tuscany or Romagna? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uh... you're kidding right?
The Vatican. Its a tiny part of the city of Roma. Its also a country.

From the screenshots, it looks like the Vatican is in Rome, but from posts it looks like Roma is super linear. So do you know if, during the Roma part, you can go into the Vatican?

Im assuming you can, as the Pope is a confirmed character.

Dirtwinston
11-15-2009, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Pendragon_082:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ezio2.0:

I don't see Rome on the map. Which one is considered the smallest Tuscany or Romagna? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uh... you're kidding right?
The Vatican. Its a tiny part of the city of Roma. Its also a country.

From the screenshots, it looks like the Vatican is in Rome, but from posts it looks like Roma is super linear. So do you know if, during the Roma part, you can go into the Vatican?

Im assuming you can, as the Pope is a confirmed character. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Umm sorry cheif but I am looking at the Romagna map and the only places outlined Areocai Racidino, Abbazia di san Mercuriale, Palazzo Comunale, and Avamposto Veneziano. If it is one of those cool if not cool. As I have said I am not looking any further in the guide outside the maps, weapons, and gear. I don't want to ruin the story line.

Cornik22
11-15-2009, 06:34 PM
The places Dirtwinston mentioned are all in Forli. What we want is ROME, the capital of Italy! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

Dirtwinston
11-15-2009, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Cornik22:
The places Dirtwinston mentioned are all in Forli. What we want is ROME!

I know this but there is no map or sections of a map that mentions ROME! As I said the map says Florence, Tuscany, Venice, Forli, Mountains, and Villa on both the World map and the small maps in the guide. I really wanna help but I don't know what to look for without reading the story and I will not do that. If it is one of those I will look deeper into it.

godsmack_darius
11-15-2009, 06:50 PM
So...we cant visit St. Peters square

Justin-x
11-15-2009, 06:54 PM
-Are there any staffs or poles as weapons in the game

-If you could, could you name all of the weapons in the game or at least the the one handed weapons

Dirtwinston
11-15-2009, 06:59 PM
So...we cant visit St. Peters square

It dosen't appear we can unless, they didn't put it on the map on purpose(which would be strange). Maybe if we run into the pope it won't be in Rome.

Dirtwinston
11-15-2009, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Justin-x:
-Are there any staffs or poles as weapons in the game

-If you could, could you name all of the weapons in the game or at least the the one handed weapons

1.) There are 2 "staff" type weapons the spear and halbred.

2.)Small Weapons:
Dagger
Knife
Stilleto
Channeled Cinquedea
Sultan's Kife
Butcher Knife
Notched Cinquedea
Metal Cestus

Medium Weapons:
Common Sword
Venetian Falchion
Mercenrio War Hammer
Old Syrian Sword
Maul
Captain's Sword
Florentine Falchion
Flanged Mace
Scimitar
Milanese Sword
Cavalieri Mace
Schiavona
Sword of Altair
Condottiero War Hammer

Heavy Weapons:
Bastard Sword
Bearded Axe
Labrys

GariStz
11-15-2009, 07:09 PM
I've watched some video about Rome & Ezio's beard, SPOILERS up ahead:

<span class="ev_code_WHITE">For me is a big disappointment, but Rome IS Arsuf 2.0. You go there in the end of the game (memory block 14 or something), in 1499. Then Ezio is already older and he has the beard, before that in the game he doesn't have it (and all that "going to barber shop" thing). I hope I've helped...</span>

Cornik22
11-15-2009, 07:21 PM
GariStz, can you tell me where to find that video? Is it in YouTube?

Dirtwinston
11-15-2009, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by GariStz:
I've watched some video about Rome & Ezio's beard, SPOILERS up ahead:

<span class="ev_code_WHITE">For me is a big disappointment, but Rome IS Arsuf 2.0. You go there in the end of the game (memory block 14 or something), in 1499. Then Ezio is already older and he has the beard, before that in the game he doesn't have it (and all that "going to barber shop" thing). I hope I've helped...</span>

Ya it looks like your right I didn't read the story but in the background is a faint picture of Rome and you can see the colosseum. It's must be a linear mission since there is no map.

Cornik22
11-15-2009, 07:43 PM
We have a final answer. Someone who played the full game told me (SPOILER) <span class="ev_code_WHITE">"No, sorry, you can not free run in Rome. You do the final mission there but you cannot access it before or afterwards". So basically it's the new Arsuf.</span> Baaaaad! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

GariStz
11-15-2009, 08:02 PM
I don't know if somebody uploaded it to YouTube, you should try to search, I've watched it live last night on Justin.tv/riccio - that guy was making a playthrough.

More SPOILERS:

<span class="ev_code_WHITE">I don't know why it isn't mentioned in the Game Guide, but it HAS a map! The guy who's playing showed it. Indeed, its a linear mission (MUCH similar to the Arsuf one) but it ends with a stealth-approach-target and then you kill the Pope (with some BIG plot reveal)! And after that the ending become quite disappointing for me...this time UbiSoft gone too far. Also disappointing was the final battle witch again looked VERY easy and similar to the one in AC1. And for what I've seen, Ezio get stabbed in the stomach but he lived (Guess that Apple of Eden makes him an immortal...)</span>

I'm really sorry that I've watched it, but thats because I was curious to see more and more because the release date of the PC version isn't even already officially mentioned and that was killing me.

<span class="ev_code_WHITE">And I didn't knew that it was the ending part, because you'll see the weirdest thing ever and suddenly the Credits roll on! I was like "What the hell?! That was the ending?!"</span>

....so otherwise I wouldn't watch it...I hope all those things I saw will make sense after I get the PC version, or wait for the Game Reviews witch will explain all that stuff...

Cornik22
11-16-2009, 04:21 AM
Thank you for the info, Gari! I will try to find some video with the Rome part, Im curious.

DizzyTMan
11-16-2009, 01:10 PM
Can you list all the capes? I saw a video with the Florentine cape and the Venetian cape along with the normal cape, but there was another he didn't have.

GkrewZ
11-16-2009, 01:26 PM
Can you list all the capes? I saw a video with the Florentine cape and the Venetian cape along with the normal cape, but there was another he didn't have.

my best guess is its the Auditore cape since there is an achievment/trophy that you get for wearing your familys cape in every city

Atmon
11-16-2009, 01:52 PM
BTW... The guide is really really good!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

An_Idea
11-16-2009, 02:00 PM
lol tsk tsk promoting your own merchandise http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

i might get it, just so i dont miss anything and so i can get 100% completion

Hatzego
11-16-2009, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by An_Idea:
lol tsk tsk promoting your own merchandise http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

i might get it, just so i dont miss anything and so i can get 100% completion

I'm getting it for my second playthrough. Not even going near one for my first though, don't want the temptation!

An_Idea
11-16-2009, 02:09 PM
lol idk i might do that, but i wanna get 100% the first time and then just mess around the second time, but i defianetly wont use it for mission help, just collecting the feathers

ForsakenMessiah
11-16-2009, 02:23 PM
i may as well ask this here, as Atmon has spoke, is the collectors guide going to be sold in the UK? i cant find it anywhere

Cornik22
11-16-2009, 02:37 PM
By some crazy miracle they are selling the regular guide in my country (something very rare). Ive watched the example pages and it looks really good. Ill be getting mine on 19th (official release date)