PDA

View Full Version : I have found out why it ways"Timed Out"

riggie68
03-01-2005, 05:34 PM
Hi Everyone
I have found out why I could never connect to any servers in FB V1.22 or any game PF etc, it was the IP setting in the "Set Up" ( that is in the Desktop start menu not in the game) in the network tab it has a IP box that always sets itself to default.
but there are two IP addresses in the pulldown and when I pick the second one down ( which is my internet connection) and set that in the window instead of default I connect to every server with out fail. The question I would like to ask is how can I set this permanently ? at the moment every time I connect to the NET it resets to default.
The other IP address is an Ether Adapter local area connection 2 what ever that it ? Fact it could be my Nova-T TV card but why does FB detect that?
Any help gratefully appreciated
cheers
riggie

riggie68
03-01-2005, 05:34 PM
Hi Everyone
I have found out why I could never connect to any servers in FB V1.22 or any game PF etc, it was the IP setting in the "Set Up" ( that is in the Desktop start menu not in the game) in the network tab it has a IP box that always sets itself to default.
but there are two IP addresses in the pulldown and when I pick the second one down ( which is my internet connection) and set that in the window instead of default I connect to every server with out fail. The question I would like to ask is how can I set this permanently ? at the moment every time I connect to the NET it resets to default.
The other IP address is an Ether Adapter local area connection 2 what ever that it ? Fact it could be my Nova-T TV card but why does FB detect that?
Any help gratefully appreciated
cheers
riggie

Slick750
03-01-2005, 05:38 PM
Lan...your ethernet card's address