PDA

View Full Version : Megadeth DLC, but who's buying?

AngeL-oF-Death-x
12-12-2011, 08:48 PM
anyone?
I don't think it's even worth it if you seriously want to learn the songs since the solos are ridiculous and riff repeater is kinda useless. I'll most likely just buy one megadeth song because of boredom with the older songs. But which one? hmmm...

Guitaraddict
12-12-2011, 09:02 PM
I will buy the whole pack tomorrow. Marty and Chris's solos will be out of my range for now, but it something to work towards. Dave's parts won't be easy either, but Symphony isn't very hard to play.

Bluesman25
12-12-2011, 09:03 PM
Not me. My Metal days are long behind me. Give me some blues (some jazz would be awesome too).

SeattleSauve
12-12-2011, 10:52 PM
I'm at least getting SoD and Hangar.

KinchBlade
12-13-2011, 01:26 AM
Peace sells...
(Had to add that pointless reference under the citrcumstances)

TonyFarkas
12-13-2011, 03:24 AM
looks like the 3 songs are in the DLC on xbox, I though there was a pack where you buy all 3 songs for a discount. I dont see it listed in the packs menu

TonyFarkas
12-13-2011, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by TonyFarkas:
looks like the 3 songs are in the DLC on xbox, I though there was a pack where you buy all 3 songs for a discount. I dont see it listed in the packs menu

Well looks like the pack is active in the Rocksmith xbox store. Now for a little SOD

muzac989
12-13-2011, 08:25 AM
Sh*t, I don't even like metal (anymore) but I'm still gonna get all these songs just for the variety. Don't need to be a metalhead to have fun shredding.

I'd definitely appreciate more genres, this pack is a good step in the right direction. Jazz could be cool but kind of against the improvisational spirit of most jazz. Some funk would be nice; lots of good guitar-heavy funk out there.

tomahawk72
12-13-2011, 08:35 AM
I downloaded the pack this morning before work. That way it's ready to go as soon as I get home.

mycool 360
12-13-2011, 09:37 AM
Megadeth would have been an instant purchase for me since they are one of my favorite bands on Earth. However, until Ubisoft fixes the freezing issues on the PS3 as well as makes the DLC playable without an internet connection, I will not spend a single dime on Rocksmith DLC.

There should be stronger laws/penalties for companies who release these games that don't work properly. I will never understand how they are allowed to keep taking people's money while the product being sold is clearly broken. This has become the norm in video games over the past several years. Release a buggy defective product in order to meet the release date & then patch it weeks or even months later (WTF?!?). Funny, the hard earned money I spent on Rocksmith works perfectly the way it should from day one. How about Ubisoft gives us all back our money and we'll give it back to them when the product works as advertised? I know that this notion seems absurd, yet for some reason taking consumer's money under false pretenses is apparently perfectly acceptable.

I love Rocksmith when it works, but sadly after countless freezes and hours wasted, I have been forced to stop playing it until it is fixed. So no Megadeth or any other DLC for me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

crispyfunk
12-13-2011, 10:01 AM
Im hoping to buy all three i dont know if i can cus i only have 8 dollars on my account left and would have to go buy a 20 dollar card for that last song but imo its worth it cus ill never put my credet card into my ps3 ever again after that hack a while back

rhust
12-13-2011, 10:38 AM
I'll buy all 3. no, I won't be shredding the solos anytime soon... but I believe in voting with my dollars... if the megadeth DLC sells well, they will see that and maybe push more metal... maybe metallica, or motorhead, or judas priest, or ???

if it doesn't sell well, like I hope the radiohead crap doesn't sell well.. then they will be less likely to put out more radiohead (unless they do creep)...

vote with your cash, people... if you like something, be willing to buy something similar now, to let them know what you want to buy later... if something doesn't sell well, they won't release something similar later... it wouldn't make business sense. people have yelled for metal since the game started... now vote for metal by buying the megadeth DLCs... maybe later your lamb of god or canibal corpse or slayer will come too... but if megadeth doesn't sell... you won't see metal again very soon.

Davooziuzi
12-13-2011, 10:44 AM
I am not seeing the Megadeth dLC on PS3 where is it?

crispyfunk
12-13-2011, 10:49 AM
it always comes out in the evening for us people on the PS3 it should be out later today id say after 5pm and if its before 5 were lucky

thxphotog
12-13-2011, 11:57 AM
Sorry to hear people w/ PS3 having issues. I can imagine the frustration not being able to use this cool product as it should be used.

Having said that, no issue on the 360 & ordered the Mega pak this morn. I'm assuming it will be this time in 2014 before I can master them if I keep playing daily, but still a ton of fun!! Maybe that's a good reason for Ubi to make very technical stuff available. It will keep (normal :-)) people from getting bored.

JellyRollBaker
12-13-2011, 12:31 PM
How many frets do you need to play the Megadeth songs? I only got 21 frets so even Freebird gets a bit hairy. I'm mostly interested in SoD

FreeJack2k2
12-13-2011, 01:19 PM
I'll buy Hangar 18 and Symphony of Destruction, but they have GOT to make the riff repeater more useful or there's no way I'll ever be able to make significant progress on these songs. That goes for several that are built into the game, too. It's just too hard when you're limited to a set number of attempts. Just let me practice it the way I would if I were learning a song independently, by playing is over and over slowly and gradually increasing my speed.

DJdarkness73
12-13-2011, 01:20 PM
Symphony and Public Enemy No.1 for me. The technical aspect of Hangar 18 is just way to far beyond my skill level and I never really liked the song anyway.

tomahawk72
12-13-2011, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by FreeJack2k2:
Just let me practice it the way I would if I were learning a song independently, by playing is over and over slowly and gradually increasing my speed.

THIS IS HOW ALL EXPERIENCED GUITARISTS LEARN NEW SONGS.

I'm so surprised it was left out. Considering they have competent guitarists on their staff.

crispyfunk
12-13-2011, 04:58 PM
How much for the 3 pack of metal? i have not seen it on my ps3 yet or the main site

SeattleSauve
12-13-2011, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by crispyfunk:
How much for the 3 pack of metal? i have not seen it on my ps3 yet or the main site

$7.99 (http://www.thegamingvault.com/2011/11/upcoming-megadeth-dlc-for-rocksmith-puts-you-in-control).

ollie_n_g
12-13-2011, 05:33 PM
Just about try out the Megadeth DLC for the first time... has anyone figured out yet which parts the 3 combo arrangements correspond to for Hangar 18?

ollie_n_g
12-13-2011, 06:33 PM
Well that was comical. I only managed to play Hangar 18 (combo #1) twice before the game kicked me back to the PS3 console screen. When I tried to return to the game the PS3 froze. I had to unplug the unit to get it to power off.

I patiently rebooted and waited for the game to load but Hangar 18 wasn’t in my song list. Neither were the other 2 Megadeth songs along with the 2 free downloads I got with the pre-order. My PS3 couldn’t connect to my router and I wasn’t allowed to play with my DLC. Thank you Ubisoft!

So I reset the router and was able to connect but I still didn’t see my DLC!! Another painful restart and endless slog through the start menus finally paid off as I was able to play Hangar 18 again, even if it did reset my progress.

After all that... this song is amazing to play on Rocksmith!! I can’t wait to get back to it. I’m just worried about randomly losing my progress again with such a complex track.

But PLEASE Ubisoft... remove the “must be connected” condition for Rocksmith DLC on the PS3. It’s not THAT uncommon for my provider to be down from time to time. It would drive me up the wall if that happened and I couldn’t play my favourite song in the game so far.

crispyfunk
12-13-2011, 07:01 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ollie_n_g:

But PLEASE Ubisoft... remove the “must be connected” condition for Rocksmith DLC on the PS3. It’s not THAT uncommon for my provider to be down from time to time. It would drive me up the wall if that happened and I couldn’t play my favourite song in the game so far.

i agree with this i have a lame isp as well

BurnsBrianMay
12-13-2011, 07:21 PM
Won't be buying. I prefer a little melody and harmony in my rock. If I want noise, I can spend my day at a daycare.

thxphotog
12-13-2011, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by BurnsBrianMay:
Won't be buying. I prefer a little melody and harmony in my rock. If I want noise, I can spend my day at a daycare.

Have fun at day-care Captain Bringdown. The rest of us will have fun playing these tracks.

oldgeezer99
12-13-2011, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by crispyfunk:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ollie_n_g:

i agree with this i have a lame isp as well

AGREE: I will NOT buy any rocksmith DLC as long as this "must be connected to the internet" arbirtrary stupid requirement is in place. My PS3 I play on home theatre far away from the nearest internet connection. I can take my PS3 to my home office to download content once a month or whatever, but it's nowhere near an internet connection and so this requirement means I will buy NO DLC until this stupid glitch / whatever is fixed.

I sent in a support ticket to Ubi and got zero response. Maybe you can all send in tickets too? I don't know if this "phone home" requirement is even legal. Maybe a complaint to the AG's office could get some action from ubi.

Rocksmith-God
12-13-2011, 09:19 PM
Taking a pass on Megadeth, but did pick up Smoke for the PS3. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

GunnarSchwede
12-13-2011, 09:33 PM
Although I am still a lowly player (started Oct.21 to play) I must say, Symphony of Destruction, Megadeath is loads of fun to play even on 'easy'.. :-)

muzac989
12-13-2011, 09:39 PM
The "must be connected to the internet" thing is an anti-piracy measure... as most seasoned PC gamers know, Ubisoft is notorious for their whack anti-piracy baloney. You can complain all you want, they're not going to listen, mostly because they're dirty frenchmen. (my friend, a designer that works for one of their subsidiaries, has confirmed this)

Anyways, just played some Hanger 13, now feelin' like a boss. It's easily the exact type of song Rocksmith was sorely missing. Worked on it for about an hour, then my fretboard lit on fire, so now I'm just waiting for it to cool off.

thxphotog
12-13-2011, 09:52 PM
Anyways, just played some Hanger 13, now feelin' like a boss. It's easily the exact type of song Rocksmith was sorely missing. Worked on it for about an hour, then my fretboard lit on fire, so now I'm just waiting for it to cool off.

Nice!! :-)

TonyFarkas
12-14-2011, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by muzac989:
The "must be connected to the internet" thing is an anti-piracy measure... as most seasoned PC gamers know, Ubisoft is notorious for their whack anti-piracy baloney. You can complain all you want, they're not going to listen, mostly because they're dirty frenchmen. (my friend, a designer that works for one of their subsidiaries, has confirmed this)

from what I understand you dont need to connected to the internet to play. you only need your ps3 connected to a router so that the ps3 gets an ip address. the router does not need internet connection.

if you ps3 does not have internet connection how are you doing to down load your DLC?

JackDeagon
12-14-2011, 01:35 AM
@magoo....purchase the DLC..if it has problems...call your credit card company and file a dispute...Even if Sony wins the dispute...you only have to pay the original $7.99 and Sony gets a $10 charge from their processor for having to fight the charge http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Imagine when Sony tells Ubisoft no more BS
They may actually listen

Allegaeon
12-14-2011, 11:49 PM
I'm enjoying them, I just wish I could play the triplets in the background... oh well. Hope they add more metal. It's so much more challenging and fun. Needs heavier stuff though. I love playing in Drop C.

ollie_n_g
12-15-2011, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by muzac989:
The "must be connected to the internet" thing is an anti-piracy measure...

Then why isn't the DLC on XBox affected by this? I thought this was a PS3 only issue. If it's anti-piracy why do they only care about one console?

Selurevad
12-15-2011, 08:05 AM
Then why isn't the DLC on XBox affected by this? I thought this was a PS3 only issue. If it's anti-piracy why do they only care about one console?

Its just a PS3 bug. With the other PS3 issues it may not be as high on Ubisofts list to fix as other issues, can't recall if Ubisoft ever verified and said the bug was on their list of items to fix. As others have said, your PS3 doesn't really need to be on the internet, just needs an IP assigned to it.

As far as Megadeth goes, I'm buying and loving.

iroxorsju
12-15-2011, 10:35 AM
I bought the pack. I have been waiting for some metal. I know its gonna be hard but its better then nothing. Only bad thing is and i hope they add it to the game is the recommended for each song to learn parts of the song or to slow it down. Also it would be nice to be able to pause the screen and see what is coming up when it adds new stuff to the song. It add new notes only to have it taken right back away cause i didn't get it but yet it was to fast to see what i needed to do.

crispyfunk
12-15-2011, 03:50 PM
I have got to say I have been loving these three new Megadeth songs they are such a workout. thank you for the awesome choice in metal music

Crispy

karrodead
12-15-2011, 06:07 PM
why didnt they put peace sells or holy wars on there hopefully in the future there wwill be plenty more megadeth and with any hope some anthrax

JackDeagon
12-15-2011, 06:59 PM
Megadeth was a fantastic choice of DLC in the metal genre...If they keep this pace it will have a ton of awesome DLC over the next few months...In all genres...DLC song choice is something Ubi deserves an A+ for...

jobob313
12-15-2011, 08:33 PM
I'm ticked off! I bought all 3 Megdaeth songs on the first day and NOW I see they are available as a song pack for what 80 points less? I feel like I got ripped of. Last time I buy DLC on the first day for sure!

SeattleSauve
12-15-2011, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by jobob313:
I'm ticked off! I bought all 3 Megdaeth songs on the first day and NOW I see they are available as a song pack for what 80 points less? I feel like I got ripped of. Last time I buy DLC on the first day for sure!

?
The pack was available on the first day too, it was just sitting under packs in the interface... Look on the positive side, they now have an extra dollar to make rocksmith better http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

v55vlado
05-12-2014, 08:47 AM
Hi , could somebody help me ? I have Rocksmith 2014 and I can not purchase megadeth symphony of destruction , could you tell me , How can i do it? , because I am a Megadeth fan.

Steel_Nirvana
05-12-2014, 11:44 AM
So I assume you're playing on PC and it's telling you that you have to own RS1 to buy the DLC?

Unfortunately, the issue is with Steam and the way they handle DLC. We're told the problem is being slowly corrected, but right now the only way to access the earlier DLC is to purchase a copy of RS. You just have to own the Steam key--you don't have to install it or buy the import tool to access the previous DLC.

On the other hand, I'll tell you that for 50 new songs, the price of RS1 plus the import tool is a very good deal.

BaddDadd2010
05-12-2014, 01:11 PM
Another possibility is that you're looking at the songs in the in-game shop and can't find it. RS1 songs don't show up in the Rocksmith 2014 in-game shop on the PS3 (not sure about Xbox). I have to buy them directly from Sony. Go here (http://rocksmith.ubi.com/rocksmith/en-US/music/index.aspx), click the Downloads (DLC) button, then select your system and search there.

C.Linton
05-12-2014, 01:49 PM
What platform?

RobX21777
05-12-2014, 03:35 PM
Thinking of buying it too....but also interested I the A7X pack....I think it has somewhat more modern solos If I make myself clear....I dunno....I will probably buy Megadeth songs separately

Which one has the most up to date guitar work in terms of solos and overall guitar? In your opinion ?

Plus I'm 50 years old....I have had my fill of Dave mustaine's angry goblin voice lol....too bad because Marty Freidman brings the goods in Megadeth
Let's hope we get other metal stuff in the future....Nothing a lil Slipknot wouldn't help :)

v55vlado
05-12-2014, 07:55 PM
So I assume you're playing on PC and it's telling you that you have to own RS1 to buy the DLC?

Unfortunately, the issue is with Steam and the way they handle DLC. We're told the problem is being slowly corrected, but right now the only way to access the earlier DLC is to purchase a copy of RS. You just have to own the Steam key--you don't have to install it or buy the import tool to access the previous DLC.

On the other hand, I'll tell you that for 50 new songs, the price of RS1 plus the import tool is a very good deal.

Yes , I have the PC Edition , I am very disappointed, because , I bought Rocksmitrh after check the songs that we have for DLC , When I saw Megadeth , I said , I want this game , you know , but How Can I purchase the RS1 if ihave RS 2014 installed? How Can I access to this option?

Danny-Ramone
05-12-2014, 08:23 PM
Yes , I have the PC Edition , I am very disappointed, because , I bought Rocksmitrh after check the songs that we have for DLC , When I saw Megadeth , I said , I want this game , you know , but How Can I purchase the RS1 if ihave RS 2014 installed? How Can I access to this option?

You go to Steam, search for Rocksmith, and then you buy it. You don't even have to install it (if I'm not mistaken). When you buy RS1, the old DLC will become available to purchase for RS2014. If you want to play the on-disc songs from RS1 in RS14 you need the import tool for an additional $10. It'll add 50 songs to RS14, which isn't bad when you work out the price per song.

demalion
05-12-2014, 11:14 PM
If you can find the original, older, Rocksmith, on sale in a store somewhere (new, not "used" or previously opened, to be safe with the Steam key) for less than the Steam price ($29.95 for me in the US at the time of this post), or at the same price but including a cable (so you can have a spare), I'd recommend doing that. There might not be many left out there, but you might find a bargain where someone is trying to clear it out of their inventory as old stock.

For example, Amazon is selling it at the same price as Steam, but for a boxed copy including cable, at least on the ".com" US site.

extendedsolo
05-13-2014, 12:34 AM
Thinking of buying it too....but also interested I the A7X pack....I think it has somewhat more modern solos If I make myself clear....I dunno....I will probably buy Megadeth songs separately

Which one has the most up to date guitar work in terms of solos and overall guitar? In your opinion ?

Plus I'm 50 years old....I have had my fill of Dave mustaine's angry goblin voice lol....too bad because Marty Freidman brings the goods in Megadeth
Let's hope we get other metal stuff in the future....Nothing a lil Slipknot wouldn't help :)

Avenged Sevenfold is more "modern" but I think that Megadeth pack is better overall on guitar. Hangar 18 is probably worth 7.99 on it's own.

RobX21777
05-13-2014, 02:05 AM
Avenged Sevenfold is more "modern" but I think that Megadeth pack is better overall on guitar. Hangar 18 is probably worth 7.99 on it's own.
Say no more
As I was sitting enjoying my first DLC ever....for the reasons we both agree on....That exact feeling has kept nagging at the back of my head about Hangar 18 so I bought the pack
I remember learning Symphony Of Destruction when it came out and I learned it with a tape deck rewinding and rewinding until it literally would (eat) the tape leaving you staring at somewhat unclear/incomplete printed tab....I could get on the old man soap box and claim : these were the days....we didn't need no friggin slowdown contraptions and all and blah blah....No....in retrospect....these days sucked as far as learning resources were
But I managed to learn the song....I had a lot more patience, free time, hair....and was a lot less misanthropic :)

Aside from the few bugs....I think we have it good nowadays

Best Regards
Rob

sh1kamaru-
05-13-2014, 08:07 PM
I second that, Megadeth DLC is excellent, both that one and Iron Maiden are probably the best metal DLC you can get :) tbh it’s even better than A7x IMO