PDA

View Full Version : Difficulty Settings for next patch

Rorylavelle
12-12-2009, 04:59 PM
Hi! In the "Assassin's Creed patch 1.0" thread, kazoo said that if we have any outstanding issues, to start a thread.

So, I'll throw my two cents in, if I may.

I would like an option for difficulty settings. I love AC2 but I feel a tad insulted when I get slashed repeatedly with axes and swords, taking tiny bits of health off of Ezio...

Ideally, I'd love a setting where two heavy blows from a brute would kill you. This would make it so much more... high octane, I think.

But that's just me, and serious gamer freaks. But I'm pretty sure others would greatly appreciate a highter level of difficulty.

Any of you guys on the forum, feel free to agree and we might make it happen http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Cheers, mods.

Rory

Edengoth
12-12-2009, 05:26 PM
I agree. AC2 is very fun, but not very challenging. I was led to believe that there would be times where Ezio wouldn't be able to fight his way out of a situation. That never happened. There were just times when it got too tedious to keep fighting.

TooLazy4Name
12-12-2009, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Edengoth:
I agree. AC2 is very fun, but not very challenging. I was led to believe that there would be times where Ezio wouldn't be able to fight his way out of a situation. That never happened. There were just times when it got too tedious to keep fighting.

When Ezio's family is hung, you can fight your way out (which is what i did being the fist fanatic and combat master i am) aside from 3 mid level guards. That's the only time you CANT fight your way out of it.

bladencrowd
12-12-2009, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by tolazy4name1:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Edengoth:

When Ezio's family is hung, you can fight your way out (which is what i did being the fist fanatic and combat master i am) aside from 3 mid level guards. That's the only time you CANT fight your way out of it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually you can kill them all. There's a glitch at that point of the game that allows you to disarm the brutes.

zitl
12-12-2009, 07:01 PM
I completely agree. A difficulty setting would be great. It would really add to the realism and a whole lot more tension.

I've said it before but being able to choose 'fast draw' buttons for most used/favorite weapons instead of having to pause the combat all the time would be great too.

Randy 355
12-12-2009, 08:47 PM
Oh c'mon, it's all about temptation I think. Just turn off the HUD, don't buy armors or medicines, and buy the weaker weapons.

It's all about resisting temptation. It may not be death instantly, but it's all we got now.

RhedmondBarry
12-13-2009, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by zitl:
I completely agree. A difficulty setting would be great. It would really add to the realism and a whole lot more tension.

I've said it before but being able to choose 'fast draw' buttons for most used/favorite weapons instead of having to pause the combat all the time would be great too.

I don't know what system you are playing on, but for me (Xbox 360) you would use the D-pad to hotswap items. Down is unarmed, right is sword, left is health, and up is hidden blades. I can see how tedious it might be to keep going to the weapon radial, hopefully this helps if you have a 360, if not Im sorry I couldn't be of more help.

OzDavis
12-13-2009, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by RhedmondBarry:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zitl:

I don't know what system you are playing on, but for me (Xbox 360) you would use the D-pad to hotswap items. Down is unarmed, right is sword, left is health, and up is hidden blades. I can see how tedious it might be to keep going to the weapon radial, hopefully this helps if you have a 360, if not Im sorry I couldn't be of more help. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I think what zitl is trying to say is that he'd like to be able to customise what weapons, etc. the d-pad selects instead of being stuck with sword, fists, medicine and hidden blade. There are points where I would certainly like to be able to switch to, for example, throwing knives or smoke bombs with just the flick of a switch instead of having to rely on that somewhat temperamental weapon dial.