PDA

View Full Version : High ping advantage?

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 11:11 AM
I don't play online much, so I don't know a lot about it. Hopefully someone can fill in the gaps. I have a good broadband internet connection, and I usually connect with a 30-40 ping. What I've noticed is that people on the server that have a ping of 200-300+ seem to warp a lot when I'm flying with them..

Now I've never played IL2 with a slow connection, so I can't tell what sort of warping they get...

Probably what I dislike about online IL2 is checking your six and seeing a plane warp into position behind you.. arrgghh!

Unfortunately I have found no server where everyone has a low ping.. do such servers exist?

-Hareball

--------------------------------------
We should have all the generalizing extremists taken out and shot.

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 11:11 AM
I don't play online much, so I don't know a lot about it. Hopefully someone can fill in the gaps. I have a good broadband internet connection, and I usually connect with a 30-40 ping. What I've noticed is that people on the server that have a ping of 200-300+ seem to warp a lot when I'm flying with them..

Now I've never played IL2 with a slow connection, so I can't tell what sort of warping they get...

Probably what I dislike about online IL2 is checking your six and seeing a plane warp into position behind you.. arrgghh!

Unfortunately I have found no server where everyone has a low ping.. do such servers exist?

-Hareball

We should have all the generalizing extremists taken out and shot.

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 11:20 AM
They will exist but bear in mind that people are all over the place and networks, being networks, sometimes aren't operating as optimally as they can/should. Also consider that what the users box is doing may have a dramatic impact upon ping response times. Next time you are online check out the response time of the machine hosting the game and you will see what I mean.

/m

http://www.world-data-systems.com/lomac/pirhana.jpg

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 01:20 PM
The lower the ping the better the high ping and warping about you see is lagging from the others.

One thing i was told, i use cable but in your game file list it as a 56k this way it wont suck away from you and give to another who is lagging. Whether this is true or not i don't know but you might want to try it. As for low ping rooms you may find a few hosts with good pings but it seems most people are still of 56k with will lag so you will still have the warping feature.

I know my old comp i use to shoot at planes that were long gone by the time my shells got to where they were.

May you not become a dirt torpedo.

PlatinumDragon...

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 03:32 PM
Yeah but remember that the one who warps alot, also has got alot of stutters.

1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye
shall be judged: and with what
measure ye mete, it shall be
measured to you again.

http://members.chello.se/ven/ham-pin.gif