PDA

View Full Version : K-14 Question

Talamir
08-22-2007, 04:54 AM
Spent some time searching the forum but couldn't find the answer.

Whats the default convergence for the K-14? Does it automatically default to your convergence or do you have to set it each time?

And by what increments do the sights increase and decrease tapping they key? 10m? 20m?

Thanks.

Talamir
08-22-2007, 04:54 AM
Spent some time searching the forum but couldn't find the answer.

Whats the default convergence for the K-14? Does it automatically default to your convergence or do you have to set it each time?

And by what increments do the sights increase and decrease tapping they key? 10m? 20m?

Thanks.

DaimonSyrius
08-22-2007, 05:37 AM
Hi Talamir,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Talamir:
Whats the default convergence for the K-14? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The first time the gyro sight is switched on, it will come up at its shortest distance setting: 200m.
The fixed sight ring is set at 150m, while the inner tips of the diamonds in the gyro sight correspond to 200m at its maximum opening.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Does it automatically default to your convergence or do you have to set it each time? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It needs to be set for each flight, you can check how the gyro diamonds will start at its widest setting, no matter what gun convergence you set.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">And by what increments do the sights increase and decrease tapping they key? 10m? 20m? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
10m for each keystroke, so with 5 keystrokes it will be set at 250m.

Best way to check this is to set up a Quick Mission with friendly aircraft, set the wingspan on the K-14 accordingly, and take some screenshots. I use FW190-D9 for gunnery practice, this is at 250m with 5 clicks for 'Increase Distance'

http://www.infonegocio.com/daimon/img/K14-FW190D9-250.jpg

Cheers,
S.

JimmyBlonde
08-22-2007, 05:48 AM
Uhm...

How do you turn it on?

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

KIMURA
08-22-2007, 06:00 AM
Use the bombsight key to handle the K-14.

There's a 3 option switch.
K-14 only
K-14/N-9 mixed (to see above)
N-9 only

Diamond dia +
Diamond dia -

GADGET_101ECV
08-22-2007, 08:06 AM
I got a K14 at home and the distance dial is set from 200 yards to 800 yards.

I don't know if the pilots set the dial at a specific distance before combat.

The distance dial has a pulley system that permits the pilot to adjust distance by rotating the throttle grip. Probably normal operation was keeping the minimum setting (200 yds) and rotating the grip until the enemy plane was inclosed in the diamond circle. Distance was then ancedotic more than a vital information, regarding convergence.

Talamir
08-22-2007, 03:24 PM
DaimonSyrius, Thank You! Exactly what I needed to know!