PDA

View Full Version : I got some baaaad boonty!

frapeforte1
05-05-2006, 08:17 AM
Guys if you live in the States, dont pay boonty for pe-2. It is all in French and there are complications with the download. It also seems that they install a lot of add ware (you will be paying for their advertising).

FluffyDucks
05-05-2006, 08:46 AM
You, Sir, are talking bollox. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Maybe if you READ the bloody install instructions instead of just clicking everything in sight you could have got yours working properly. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif
I suggest the problem lies between the keyboard and the chair-desk interface http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

frapeforte1
05-05-2006, 09:16 AM
Bollox?

crashmaster4000
05-05-2006, 09:43 AM
I'm in the States. No Complications here with the download. Nothing in any foreign language. The only problems I had were with the actual install, which I myself am partly to blame for not doing my research before I attempted it. There are numerous fixes and work-arounds for the various issues related to this deal; I strongly suggest you read them before you speak of things which aren't necessarily true. ~S~

frapeforte1
05-05-2006, 09:44 AM
There wer no install instruction that came with the software. I followed the Insallation guide that was in this forum and it still didnt work. I clicked on English in the language seliction and it still gave me French. I have now tried to download it 5 or 6 times and I still cant get it to work. Does a pay for add on really need to be this complicated?

frapeforte1
05-05-2006, 09:47 AM
I am glad to hear that it worked for you crashmaster.

crashmaster4000
05-05-2006, 09:48 AM
Is your il2 dir in the default directory? and if not, have you altered your registry as per said by Luthier et al.? What are the symptoms that occur when you get to the point where you cannot proceed?

goshikisen
05-05-2006, 10:35 AM
I think the Boonty issue has been overstated... it's not that big a deal. You'll have to spend 15 to 20 minutes setting the install straight but when I look at the Oleg Product Enjoyment:Boonty Uninstall time ratio... I'm way ahead.

SparrowThree
05-05-2006, 11:04 AM
I'm in the US and the DL, install, and Boonty removal was pretty much painless. I'm not sure what all the uproar is about.

FluffyDucks
05-05-2006, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by frapeforte1:
Bollox?

http://www.answers.com/main/ntquery?s=bollox&gwp=13

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

GSNei
05-05-2006, 12:25 PM
Did mine on Mon. - (US) shopped in English on UBI UK, somewhere missed a language checkbox, Boony istaller and patch menus in French. Worked around all of it, all problems solved quickly with info already posted on these forums. Boonty not running, add-on istalled fine - all good.

VW-IceFire
05-05-2006, 03:06 PM
Guys if you live in the States, dont pay boonty for pe-2. It is all in French and there are complications with the download. It also seems that they install a lot of add ware (you will be paying for their advertising).
Ok man...stop making stuff up. Your rousing the anarchists around here.

1) No foreign language. Its in English if you select for it to be in English http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif (please feel free to ask and everyone can tell you, I did, I was helped)

2) There is no adware. It was thoroughly tested by some folks who I trust are in the know on such issues. Boonty is suspicious and I was highly skeptical but the truth is out there and its not as bad as was first suspected.

Pig_Mac
05-06-2006, 07:24 AM

I have to risk a perm ban with a big : **** you!

There are threads about how to get rid of boontybox after install, there are aplologies from UBI on the front page about the install problems, (not advertising problems). Don't start stirring up more **** with lies and ignorance.

Read the threads about getting rid of it before telling people not to buy a great addon 'cause of your paranoia.

Matz0r
05-08-2006, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by frapeforte1:
Ok man...stop making stuff up. Your rousing the anarchists around here.

1) No foreign language. Its in English if you select for it to be in English http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif (please feel free to ask and everyone can tell you, I did, I was helped)

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I downloaded Pe-2 yesterday, I actively picked english language, even the download link pointed to the english version - I still got the french boonty. I managed to to sort out the install after some tinkering. Maybe they've changed something since you downloaded it because there was no way to get a non-french version of the software.

ImpStarDuece
05-08-2006, 04:41 AM
I live in Australia.

Downloaded from UbiUK in the first hour of release. Paid with Visa. Apart from a slow download due to heavy server traffic, I had no problems with the language or install in the slightest.

Completely painless from my point of view, I even got an hours study done while the add-on was downloading.

Didn't even see what the Boonty hooplah was until I had been playing the add-on for 1/2 a day. I almost fell off my chair laughing at the hysteria that it generated.

XyZspineZyX
05-08-2006, 06:07 AM
Meh...its what you get for avoiding second language classes all your life...

Yakbeard
05-08-2006, 07:19 AM
If

the Boonty issue has been overstated... it's not that big a deal.

and

Didn't even see what the Boonty hooplah was until I had been playing the add-on for 1/2 a day. I almost fell off my chair laughing at the hysteria that it generated.

then why are you taking it off your sytems after it is installed? Why are you reverting to old game files in place of the new files you just paid for?

I don't understand the logic.

If it is not a problem, and such a non-event, why not just install everything without the workarounds and let it run as intended?

RxMan
05-08-2006, 07:04 PM
There are a lot of programs that fall under this catagory. i.e. I shut off my anti-virus, my task scheduler, my print spooler, my pop-up blocker, and my spy-ware blocker, anytime I am going to play online. These are all good programs but cause a fps slowdown. The same thing with BB, so I use the old il2fb.exe to avoid starting it, therefore I don't have to stop it. No difference. I wouldn't mind what it does any other time, it seems perfectly harmless, unless you want to hide some un-registered software that BB may be conducting surveys for developers..

goshikisen
05-08-2006, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Yakbeard:
If it is not a problem, and such a non-event, why not just install everything without the workarounds and let it run as intended?

My opinion of the "app" and the process of removing it are two different things.

-HH-Quazi
05-08-2006, 09:12 PM
The initial site I went to for the purchase was a French site, but there were flags of different countries on the left towards the bottom of the web page. I just clicked on the English flag and the site came up in English.