PDA

View Full Version : Poison / Mute / Smoke

KHRYS_24
01-11-2011, 10:41 AM
Which abilities of those do you guys use and works the best in your opinion?

I use Rapid Reload Smoke / Long Lasting Poison
Only need a couple more poisons to get the Rapid Reload Poison. After that, im gonna try and unlock the advance abilities of Mute. So far, I just have the regular mute and strong mute. Since I barely use it. But once I've unlock RR Poison, Im gonna switch up my profile with mute/smoke instead of poison/smoke so i can unlock the advance abilities of mute and get used to using mute as well since im so accustomed to using smoke, Im trying to make myself get used to using mute instead.

DeanOMiite
01-11-2011, 10:56 AM
I think rapid reload poison would be amazing (depending on how rapid that reload is) because of how quickly you can rack up 300pt bonuses. I play mostly wanted and I do break out a poison class at least once to get help get a variety bonus later and to get a quick focus kill (smoke = focus + poison = at least 700 pts, usually more)...but my main class is smoke/mute, especially if I get out to a lead. If you're out in the lead you're going to usually have multiple pursuers, and your pursuers have pursuers which might include your target, so, as someone else on this forum has said it best already, "you've got tabs on half the players in the match, yourself, your pursuers and your target." With this knowledge, you can bring all the action to an open area where it's easy to get stuns and incognito kills as your target comes to kill the person you've just stunned. Getting 200pt stuns and 400pt incognito kills doesn't sound like a lot given some of the options poison provides, but it adds up...quickly.

obliviondoll
01-11-2011, 10:56 AM
I personally use morph a lot - have tried without, and even with blender I have a hard time evading pursuers.

With morph I'm good at escapes, lures and stuns, without it I'm good at bleeding out.

I swap between having smoke or poison as my secondary on Wanted, depending on where I am on the leaderboard - if I'm falling behind, or when the match starts, I use poison.

If I'm in top 3, I'll use smoke - more pursuers = more opportunities to smoke/stun, and more times where you have to smoke/run.

Poison is good to take the lead, but smoke and mute help you keep it.

If you're good with the timing (I'm REALLY not), mute is great, because it has a wider range, and is far less visible - doesn't give your position away as badly as dropping smoke does. Also, it affects players who aren't on the same level as you - mute can prevent a player on a rooftop from dropping down, if the roof is low enough.

KHRYS_24
01-11-2011, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
I personally use morph a lot - have tried without, and even with blender I have a hard time evading pursuers.

With morph I'm good at escapes, lures and stuns, without it I'm good at bleeding out.

I swap between having smoke or poison as my secondary on Wanted, depending on where I am on the leaderboard - if I'm falling behind, or when the match starts, I use poison.

If I'm in top 3, I'll use smoke - more pursuers = more opportunities to smoke/stun, and more times where you have to smoke/run.

Poison is good to take the lead, but smoke and mute help you keep it.

If you're good with the timing (I'm REALLY not), mute is great, because it has a wider range, and is far less visible - doesn't give your position away as badly as dropping smoke does. Also, it affects players who aren't on the same level as you - mute can prevent a player on a rooftop from dropping down, if the roof is low enough.

I wish I was good at using morph, but Im not since my timing is sooooo off on when to use morph or not. I'm so used to using smoke to get my pursuers. Im trying to start using other abilities and get used to those as well instead of just posion/smoke everytime.

The way you are with morph is the way i am with smoke. Without it, i can't do s**t against my pursuers (stun w/out abilities work 50% for me) With smoke, i avg 4-5 stuns a game.

Same goes for me but i usually get off 1 poison in the beginning (850pts everytime) then after that 1st poison kill, i move up places, i use mute/smoke. But when i drop to the bottom, I usually use poison to get back up a couple places above (sometime 1st, if i get the 2x score)

Mute is good but my timing on using that is soo off. Also, since the duration of that is not even 2 secs. Usually smoke gives you at least 3. Eventhough i know mute gives enough time to go to your pursuer and stun, I have yet to get used to timing that.

Reign
01-11-2011, 11:32 AM
I enjoy playing defensively and letting my targets wander into me, so my setup for Wanted is usually...

RR Mute/LL Smoke
Blender
Overall CD's
Reset CD's
3x Silent +300

The only time I switch is usually when I have had the lead for awhile fending off 3 pursuers and have lost enough contracts to enable my Score x2 setup. Same setup as above I just change RR Mute for LL Poison and Reset CD's is x2 score. Or if I come in a match late I will use my poison setup until I am in a high enough place to start playing "D" and going for more stuns like normal.

EscoBlades
01-11-2011, 12:12 PM
I have 2 classes for Wanted. One is Smoke and Morph (both Rapid Reload)

The other is smoke and Mute (again, Rapid reload on both)

The former used to be my staple, but i've had a lot of success with the mute class in the last two days.

I have Blender on both of them too.

maglaromuna
01-11-2011, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by EscoBlades:
I have 2 classes for Wanted. One is Smoke and Morph (both Rapid Reload)

The other is smoke and Mute (again, Rapid reload on both)

The former used to be my staple, but i've had a lot of success with the mute class in the last two days.

I have Blender on both of them too.

you said that you have blenders on both of them, i think blender with morph is quite useless.

well, if you are using blender, try using rapid reload decoy, its amazing. well, if you have three pursuers it is not.

i think smoke and poison are great together, i use them a lot, and i think im good with it.

Heres what i do, I would suggest that if you see your target, try not to walk to him/her directly try to swerve, looks a lot like NPC kind of movement. And if your target blends with a group, go to it, then use smoke bomb, blend with the group as well, wait for three seconds , then poison him. If you have slow acting poison you get 300 incognito+300 slow acting poison+150 focus+200 hidden+100 kill=(calculator) 1050.

I usually intend to like die for 5 times or lose my target 5 times in a row to get like 2x score. so 1050 x 2 = 2100!! from 3rd place to 1st in a snap of a finger!

najzere
01-12-2011, 12:38 AM
What is the trick to using poison? I have about a 50% success rate applying it. Even when I'm right on top of my target and the kill button is visible above his head, I can jam on the ability button all day long and nothing happens.

Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I've missed and hit in pretty much all situations: stationary with walking target, walking with walking target, stationary with stationary target, locked on and not locked on, etc.

tallinn1960
01-12-2011, 05:07 AM
Originally posted by najzere:
What is the trick to using poison? I have about a 50% success rate applying it. Even when I'm right on top of my target and the kill button is visible above his head, I can jam on the ability button all day long and nothing happens.

Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I've missed and hit in pretty much all situations: stationary with walking target, walking with walking target, stationary with stationary target, locked on and not locked on, etc.

It is just guessing but I had my share of failed poison attempts. But in my impression those attempts fail most often when you directly head for your target face to face. Not only you are risking a stun, but it seems as well that poison does not connect in that case more often then in other case. I never had a failed poison attempt when I head for a point left or right to my target, casually passing them.

fastfast
01-12-2011, 07:17 AM
1. smoke bomb
2. poison
3. mute (not got hang of it as i hardly ever use it)

obliviondoll
01-12-2011, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by najzere:

Walk into the target from behind if they're in a dtationary blend group, casually acting like an NPC joining the group, with them locked on, and mash poison as you're joining the group...

If they're moving, aim to literally walk into them - preferably from the side, or by stepping slightly to the side while in a blend group heading towards them.

Coming up from behind with poison WILL get you stunned or run away from against a player with even the slightest hint of intelligence (there are some real idiots out there, though, so it just MIGHT work at times).

Basically, unless you can press the "gentle push" button and put your hand on the target, poison isn't going to work.

If you're failing to poison at that distance more than 10% of the time, it's lag. If you're failing more than 10% of the time and it happens that way every game, it's your connection, not the other guy's.

BlacklightDemon
01-12-2011, 03:31 PM
I use strong mute and slow posion. Strong mute cause it has a wider area and slow posion for the +300 and agony bonus.