PDA

View Full Version : Collections in AC:R

Bipolar Matt
09-03-2011, 10:33 PM
Anyone heard if we're going to get the standard items to collect around Constantinople or the other cities? Flags, feathers, artwork, a hideout to store purchased weapons and armor, guild challenge progress, etc? And if so, any specifics? Like Byzantine flags, Ottoman flags, where the assassin's base might be, etc?

naran6142
09-03-2011, 10:36 PM
i haven't heard specifics but i'll bet that everything you mentioned will be in the game.

and the assassin base is most likely in Constantinople

Moultonborough
09-03-2011, 10:58 PM
I was wondering about this as well. I don't think there will be any feathers or flags. Both have been in two games so far and would just seem boring and repetitive to me. It will be cool to see what they come up with though.

ApolloxTruth
09-03-2011, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by naran6142:
and the assassin base is most likely in Constantinople

I think he knows that.

reini03
09-04-2011, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by Moultonborough:
I was wondering about this as well. I don't think there will be any feathers or flags. Both have been in two games so far and would just seem boring and repetitive to me. It will be cool to see what they come up with though.

Flags were in all three main games.

AntiChrist7
09-04-2011, 04:06 AM
Originally posted by MagnifyHope:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moultonborough:

Flags were in all three main games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not in ac2, there were only feathers

ChaosxNetwork
09-04-2011, 06:12 AM
There will most definitely will be collectibles Flags/feathers most likely both as Ezio will still collect feathers for he lost brother and flags were largely brought back in Brotherhood.
As for paintings ect I doubt it because Ezio is in a "Race against time" to find the seals so he won't stop to buy unneeded items.
The main Assassin Base will be where it is in every city. In the center (Give or take a bit)
There are new "Guilds" in a way (Seen with the performers (Firebreathers and dancers)) but weather they will be challenges is yet to be said.

Bipolar Matt
09-04-2011, 07:43 AM
I don't think the fact that Ezio is in a "race against time" is going to be a reason not to have collectibles. By that reasoning, they would need to take out side missions and everything else like that. That would really take away a core element of an AC game.

I'd be interested in the art and the database to learn more about Turkey. I knew a fair amount about Italy when playing AC:2 and AC:B. I know next to nothing about Turkey and its culture, history or art.

ChaosxNetwork
09-04-2011, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by BipolarMatt:
I don't think the fact that Ezio is in a "race against time" is going to be a reason not to have collectibles. By that reasoning, they would need to take out side missions and everything else like that. That would really take away a core element of an AC game.

I'd be interested in the art and the database to learn more about Turkey. I knew a fair amount about Italy when playing AC:2 and AC:B. I know next to nothing about Turkey and its culture, history or art.
Well those missions are to do with the people and that is what the order is about. And there are no side missions only random events like in Read Dead Redemption. Collecting some paintings, though I enjoyed them in past games have little to do with anything.

twenty_glyphs
09-05-2011, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by xHITx_Chaos:
Well those missions are to do with the people and that is what the order is about. And there are no side missions only random events like in Read Dead Redemption. Collecting some paintings, though I enjoyed them in past games have little to do with anything.

There will still be side missions that aren't random. In the same Kotaku article that revealed that Ezio and Alta´r weren't related, Darby McDevitt said that the fact that random missions were completely replacing all side missions was a misunderstanding. In some of the interviews they've made it sound like instead of the side missions that just had people waiting for you to come speak to them (courier, beat-up, race, faction quests in Brotherhood, etc.), they will be replaced by random missions instead. I believe they've also confirmed that the Abstergo Agents that Ezio will hunt will be side missions, so I would bet those won't be triggered randomly.

I could take or leave the paintings. I really liked the concept of them in AC2, but it did feel mostly pointless. It was still nice. In Brotherhood it felt even more pointless to me, but I didn't mind it being there. I don't know how much, if any, Turkish art there would be, but that could just be from a European bias to my art history classes.

I hope some kind of collectable is there. I feel like they really help me explore the world. I hated the feathers though because they were so small and hard to see. The flags were a much better size. If it's something brand new, I'm all for that too.

Calvarok
09-05-2011, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by xHITx_Chaos:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BipolarMatt:

Well those missions are to do with the people and that is what the order is about. And there are no side missions only random events like in Read Dead Redemption. Collecting some paintings, though I enjoyed them in past games have little to do with anything. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Neither Paintings nor flags have anything to do with anything.

kriegerdesgottes
09-05-2011, 08:53 PM
I'm sure they will still be in the game or at least something comparable. I hope they are always in AC games as I love finding and collecting them especially when you unlock things for getting them.

LightRey
09-06-2011, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
I'm sure they will still be in the game or at least something comparable. I hope they are always in AC games as I love finding and collecting them especially when you unlock things for getting them.
Yeah, it's always been part of the (main) AC games in some way. I doubt they'd get rid of it.