PDA

View Full Version : JV44 Red7

e2michaelb
07-10-2005, 10:26 AM
I recently downloaded this campaign from the "Missions" page. Although the game runs fine,I am having no success in bringing up the various skins. I have not had to import skins before and know I have done something wrong, I just don't know what. Am I the only one having this problem? When I downloaded the skins, as instructed, I unzipped them directly into the specified folder, FW-190D-9_Late. When I experienced no joy, I created another folder which matched the aircraft designation noted in the customization page: FW-190 D-9, 1945. That didn't work either. I then noticed that I had FW-190 folders within FW-190 folders! Good Grief! Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Major_V
07-10-2005, 05:43 PM
e2michaelb:

You should not have any subfolders within your FW-190D-9_Late folder--only skins. The contents of your subfolder are not "seen" by the program, so they do not appear on the skin selection list in-game. The fix is very easy, though--just copy the contents of the subfolder and paste them into the FW-190D-9_Late folder. Then delete the empty subfolder to avoid confusion.

When you unzipped the downloaded file, you apparently unzipped the entire downloaded folder into you skin folder. To avoid this in the future, open the downloaded folder once downloading is complete, select all skin files therein (you don't need the other files, like the readme, etc.) and then move (or copy) those files into the correct Paint Schemes/Skins/[plane] folder. Hope this helps.

Major V

e2michaelb
07-10-2005, 07:08 PM
Major V:

BINGO! Your advice was right on the money. Thanks for the help. It is enough to be shot up regularly, at least I can sport the correct livery.