PDA

View Full Version : ping goes up when dog fighting

ashley2005
07-26-2005, 11:52 AM
can anyone tell me why my ping goes up when i get into a dog fight ... as soon as i get near another plane my ping jumps and i usully get kicked off the server cause my ping goes to high .. im on 1 meg broadband .. can anyone help me please .. will turning my setings down help this ?

Tully__
07-26-2005, 08:40 PM
Settings may help. I suggest you post your dxdiagnosis report in the Community Help forum and ask for suggestions to streamline/enhance your performance. Include the information you posted here.

Spook57
07-27-2005, 12:59 AM
Tully is right, these guys will be able to sort you out.

One reason the ping goes up is because you are closer to other aircraft when you dogfight, so your system has to work a bit harder to display the aircraft images in greater detail. You may have your graphics settings too high. I find that 'Normal' and 'Good' display settings are more than adequate for immersive gameplay.

Also it mught be a good idea to check your connection type, as this can make a difference too.

~S~
Spook

Zeus-cat
07-27-2005, 10:31 AM
Are you using comms? With broadband it shouldn't matter much, but our squad members on dialup have to switch to another channel when they get into combat. People talking for long periods chews up their bandwidth fast. Short messages (less than 2 seconds) minimizes the problem.

Zeus-cat

HellToupee
07-27-2005, 03:25 PM
the best fix is remove ping kick, i hates it anything that even looks at my modem causesme to be kicked well warclouds atleast never been kicked off other servers like greater green due to ping.

ashley2005
07-27-2005, 04:36 PM
am not using comms and ive changed my settings down to a low setting and its still doing it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Bolloxs0
07-28-2005, 05:43 PM
Are you playing on servers in Kazakstan or other places that are far away from your country? If so your ping will increase dramatically even with broadband.

Try local servers, Hyperlobby will show you what the pings are in a server before you join.

If you're getting these high pings on local dedicated servers then you should probably contact your ISP and tell them to sort it out or you walk.

Some useful things - get Ad-aware and clear you machine of spyware. Set your network connection to 28.8k when you get into the game (this seems to be the optimal setting for pings - all our Squadron sets this and we are lag free), set your anti virus software to Disable when ever you play online, set you firewall to Medium settings and make sure you do not have lots of unnecessary programs or processes running.

ashley2005
07-29-2005, 08:55 AM
no spyware viruses anything , settings are set on low, network conection is set to 28.8k ..its when i fly past people my ping jumps up to 500 .. i was testing yesterday and it happend to everyone i flew past

Stackhouse25th
07-29-2005, 09:22 AM
packet loss

Stackhouse25th
07-29-2005, 09:23 AM
defrag yur HDD, clean up your HDD using disk management untilities.
ensure your PC is getting proper cooling

ashley2005
07-29-2005, 01:35 PM
ok im defraging it now . hope this helps lol

AFSG_Bulldog
07-30-2005, 11:47 PM
I think your problem is the AOL thing. I don't mean to bash AOL but really... If you are on broadband you don't need AOL.

AOL is NOT an Internet Service Provider (ISP). They are an Internet Service Company. The difference is that they do not own one server that provides internet service. They buy server time from other (real ISP's). And as a result when their server time is up they switch your connection to another service. That next service could be anywhere in the world if they choose. So now when your IP changes you appear to the host computer as a different person. And you would act as if you just joined the session. That will cause some lag for the other players as well.

If I were you I would dump AOL and use a real ISP service since you are on broadband to begin with you don't really need AOL.

If you want the AOL IM thing you can download it for free and use it with any service. If you want email you can get Hotmail or Yahoo email for free too.

When all there was to fly was M$ CF$ and "The ZONE" and I was on AOL once too, every game I was in I got bumped from the game when AOL switched servers.