PDA

View Full Version : New to ADSL and On line Play

timholt
02-24-2006, 09:21 PM
Posted Fri February 24 2006 18:56
I have been playing IL2 through to PF 4.04M since 2002 and have just had ADSL connected.
When playing off-line I always disabled McCafferty anti virus because it slowed the game down.
I have been told that I don't need anti virus (only need it when downloading) to play on line because the firewall in the Modem is sufficient.
Q1 Is this correct, am I safe playing on-line with anti virus diabled?

Q2 I have registered with Ubicom and HyperLobby. HL is fine but Track IR does not work on the Ubi server - any suggestions?

danjama
02-24-2006, 09:54 PM
Use HL, Ubi is the suck, make sure u enter the forgotten battles room not pacific fighters

I havnt had any virus and whatnot problems online and i only use XP firewall and very little of my routers firewall

i also use firefox which is much safer tan IE

Just get on HL and fly you dont know what ur missing

Cajun76
02-24-2006, 09:56 PM
I personally have never had a problem playing online with antivirus disabled, and I've not heard of others having problems either.

You might need to post in the Community/Technical Help Forum for help with the TIR issue. You might try running Ubi and starting the game manually without going into a server, and see if it works. That might help you narrow down the problem.

When your connecting to any server, don't click on the interface at all when you are loading, it messes up the way IL2 uses the mouse, kind of running half in a window, and half out. You'll know because the in game mouse will be the Windows mouse.

Other than that, welcome to a new and interesting level of play/simming. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

timholt
02-24-2006, 11:20 PM
Thanks fella's, I'll give it a whirl without AV and see if its any better