PDA

View Full Version : Simple (non-dedicated )Server Set UP Instructions ?

ytareh
01-22-2007, 02:09 PM
Anybody?Anywhere?Ive tried to follow the Dedicated oned in FAQ/Stickies to no avail....

Bearcat99
01-22-2007, 02:16 PM
Go to Hyperlobby.... click a dogfight room like open room 1 etc....... Make sure you are at the top of the list in the room. then hit the blue button in the upper right corner.. you will see a window that will say start game.

Read this (http://hyperfighter.sk/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=1).

ytareh
01-22-2007, 03:00 PM
I keep getting a "Wait a few seconds for game to start" message when I Ctrl Alt Del back to the Hyperlobby console
I can fly around in my own plane but never see anyone nor can I check my server is up and running in Hyperlobby...
I have port forwarded the 2 ports specified by Hyperlobby
Spent hours at this!!!!Any help?Thanks a million....
Tried what Bearcat said and it was a great help forward but still not quite there...

SlickStick
01-22-2007, 03:32 PM
HyperLobby goes into a "sleep" mode when you launch a server of your own or launch the game to join a server. ALT-TABing to HL while you are in-game will always show that message in the HL window.

What you need to do is to get a friend to assist you who has the same version of the game loaded as you are trying to Host with. Either talk on comms with that person or use the HyperLobby pager to communicate before launching. Then, launch your server and select map. Spawn your chosen airplane and ask him to try and join the server.

If he is successful, then you know you have it right. If he gets a time-out, then you have to figure out what is causing the time-out.

After you can successfully host, then you can learn about ways to set up your server and maps for the smoothest gameplay possible with your particular hardware. For example, limiting the number of clients that can join, limiting the amount of ships or AAA, etc.

crazyivan1970
01-22-2007, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by ytareh:
I have port forwarded the 2 ports specified by Hyperlobby

Dont forget to forward 21000 for both TCP and UDP http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif