PDA

View Full Version : Some Questions

T_WEISI
12-26-2011, 10:12 PM
Hey everyone, I'm thinking of buying this game as I'm about to finish brotherhood and I absolutely love it! That game has so much content I just can't stop playing. Now, I was wondering what you guys think of revelations? I would also appreciate if anyone would write a list of pros and cons, and tell me some of the side missions available http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I'm also thinking of getting the signature edition.

Many thanks

value_zero
12-26-2011, 10:28 PM
Pros
Lesser bugs while doing missions than acb
Waaaaay better multiplayer
Smarter AI

Cons
Way shorter than acb, almost no side missions.
Easier gameplay.
Characters changed faces.

Overall if you beated acb for 40 hours, you will beat that one for 15-20 with all the side missions included. Personaly i bought the game and i still play acb after it. Its not that story-continuing related between that game and acb, when it was like ac2 to acb, it really filled the story and was really interesting, in this one i have the feeling im playing other game, but i dont like it, its a personal opinion, but the call is yours, if you play multiplayer mostly, you surely gonna have to take it, its really epic.

T_WEISI
12-26-2011, 10:31 PM
Thank you very much kind sir!

And, do you think there will be more singleplayer dlc?

Thanks

GLHS
12-26-2011, 10:33 PM
If you love AC in general, and have had fun with it so far, then yes, AC:R is a good buy. It is shorter, but there are some good additions to gameplay and Eagle Vision (Now Eagle Sense) that are pretty fun. Personally, I loved it just as much as the other ones, but there are some complainers out there. But overall design and everything, you won't be disappointed.

As far as DLC goes, I'm sure there will probably be some. We don't know yet. But maybe something along the lines of what AC:B had for DLC that hints towards the next game or something. Just gotta wait and see.

value_zero
12-26-2011, 10:33 PM
I dont thinks so, in acb and ac2 there was so much dlc's that came for free, so i expect ubi will take a break and focus on their last game. GLHS you must agree that most of the people are negativly focused into that game, everyone expected the acb epicness, personally i did either, but i hate changes, so thats my excuse, im not spitting on the game, as you may think, there are some things i really like in that game, the multiplayer is way better.

No, no singleplayer DLC at all.

Assassin_M
12-27-2011, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by value_zero:

I love it when people speak speculation like it is FACT,, http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ProdiGurl
12-27-2011, 04:15 AM
I find ACR to have the best missions in it even tho it's a shorter game overall.

The soundtrack is awesome, graphics are fantastic (even tho I admit that I prefer ACB's vivid colors better).

If you liked Recruiting in ACB you should love the new Recruit revamp they did w/ adding dens & Master Assassins you assign to each one....

Bombs are a definite Plus with me. They're a blast. I find myself plotting alot more with them & they're fun to play with.

Hookblade is really nice - makes climbing less of a chore, ziplines are fun (altho you end up not being able to use them often... either at the wrong end of them or they're sparse) & it's great to 'hook & run' enemies.

Stalkers are a great edition - they come up behind you unexpectedly...

I agree w/ GL on the Eagle Sense (formerly Eagle Vision) - that's great & alot can be done with it in the future.

I really enjoyed getting the 5 Altair Keys - some of the missions have a cinematic effect like Indiana Jones. I find it to be a nice change of pace to sneaking & stabbing repeatedly, but some aren't into that.

Alot of ACR depends on each person from what I observe.

The cons... well it's shorter than I'd like even tho I played for days & didn't run out of stuff to do. (I take my time playing & trying to get 100 syncs).
Adding SP DLC could help.

The Writing is weaker - it could have been alot stronger than it was to produce more suspense, emotion & romance, but it wasn't "bad" either. Just could have used a jolt or 2.

People aren't too keen on Den Defense (Templars try to take it back when your Awareness/ notoriety is high), but there are ways to avoid having it happen by keeping it low and/or leveling up your Master Assassins to lvl. 15 to "lock" the den).

Some people have had bugs & glitches, but they've put a patch or 2 out for it. I personally had no problems at all w/ my game.

I rented it first, you may want to grab it at a Redbox location & check it out for a day first?
I rented it first then bought it.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

LightRey
12-27-2011, 02:46 PM
Well it was good enough for me to replay it almost immediately after finishing it for the first time, which is something I can only say about the best games in my possession.

I loved the new gameplay additions and improvements, such as the hookblade and Mediterranean Defense, and I loved the story even more of course.

So many new things to consider and so many new theories to think of...

value_zero
12-27-2011, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Assassin_M:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by value_zero:

I love it when people speak speculation like it is FACT,, http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, im sure it will be that way, its seems logical to me that ubi will spend more time making the last game of the title, instead doing dlc's, and i dont think that they have something more to reveal that wont spoil the next game, ubi made so many and big dlc singleplayer projects, so thats one more thing going for the no instead of yes. And they always show their proudness of making things like this, still no news for singleplayer dlc so thats one more thing for the no.

LightRey
12-28-2011, 03:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by value_zero:

I love it when people speak speculation like it is FACT,, http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, im sure it will be that way, its seems logical to me that ubi will spend more time making the last game of the title, instead doing dlc's, and i dont think that they have something more to reveal that wont spoil the next game, ubi made so many and big dlc singleplayer projects, so thats one more thing going for the no instead of yes. And they always show their proudness of making things like this, still no news for singleplayer dlc so thats one more thing for the no. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Then I guess the random gates on Animus Island that mysteriously got repaired at the end mean nothing.

There's going to be new SP DLC. There always has been since ACII, regardless of whether they were working on an installment that was to be released less than a year later.

LordWolv
12-28-2011, 04:02 AM
Just buy it. You won't be disappointed.

value_zero
12-28-2011, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:

Well, im sure it will be that way, its seems logical to me that ubi will spend more time making the last game of the title, instead doing dlc's, and i dont think that they have something more to reveal that wont spoil the next game, ubi made so many and big dlc singleplayer projects, so thats one more thing going for the no instead of yes. And they always show their proudness of making things like this, still no news for singleplayer dlc so thats one more thing for the no. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Then I guess the random gates on Animus Island that mysteriously got repaired at the end mean nothing.

There's going to be new SP DLC. There always has been since ACII, regardless of whether they were working on an installment that was to be released less than a year later. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok we will see in time, you know my bet anyway, so we will just wait. 2 desmond's journey's would be 10 min gameplay, more like patch update than dlc.

freddie_1897
12-28-2011, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
I find ACR to have the best missions in it even tho it's a shorter game overall.

The soundtrack is awesome, graphics are fantastic (even tho I admit that I prefer ACB's vivid colors better).

If you liked Recruiting in ACB you should love the new Recruit revamp they did w/ adding dens & Master Assassins you assign to each one....

Bombs are a definite Plus with me. They're a blast. I find myself plotting alot more with them & they're fun to play with.

Hookblade is really nice - makes climbing less of a chore, ziplines are fun (altho you end up not being able to use them often... either at the wrong end of them or they're sparse) & it's great to 'hook & run' enemies.

I agree w/ GL on the Eagle Sense (formerly Eagle Vision) - that's great & alot can be done with it in the future.

I really enjoyed getting the 5 Altair Keys - some of the missions have a cinematic effect like Indiana Jones. I find it to be a nice change of pace to sneaking & stabbing repeatedly, but some aren't into that.

The cons... well it's shorter than I'd like even tho I played for days & didn't run out of stuff to do. (I take my time playing & trying to get 100 syncs).

The Writing is weaker - it could have been alot stronger than it was to produce more suspense, emotion & romance, but it wasn't "bad" either. Just could have used a jolt or 2.

People aren't too keen on Den Defense (Templars try to take it back when your Awareness/ notoriety is high), but there are ways to avoid having it happen by keeping it low and/or leveling up your Master Assassins to lvl. 15 to "lock" the den).

Some people have had bugs & glitches, but they've put a patch or 2 out for it. I personally had no problems at all w/ my game.

I rented it first, you may want to grab it at a Redbox location & check it out for a day first?

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif not that this is a bad thing, but you are a VERY positive person

freddie_1897
12-28-2011, 09:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

There's going to be new SP DLC. There always has been since ACII, regardless of whether they were working on an installment that was to be released less than a year later. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok we will see in time, you know my bet anyway, so we will just wait. 2 desmond's journey's would be 10 min gameplay, more like patch update than dlc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>i shall remember your name, and the second some sp dlc comes out, i will pm you saying 'i told you so'

value_zero
12-28-2011, 11:31 AM
A great insult it would be, and you havent told me nothing http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

LightRey
12-29-2011, 03:52 AM
A great insult it would be, and you havent told me nothing http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
Then maybe I should send the PM. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

ProdiGurl
12-29-2011, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by freddie_1897:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProdiGurl:

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif not that this is a bad thing, but you are a VERY positive person </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ya I got trashed for that in another thread day before yesterday. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

The thing is, if you actually like a game, why should you have to fake hating it to get along w/ some of the people who don't ?
I really liked ACR's gameplay - I won't apologize for it.

But I'm not always so positive in everything - it would be another story if this was a Political forum. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif