PDA

View Full Version : Call me a KizA$$

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 12:24 AM
I so far cannot fault the patch (apart from the UBI server thing which wasn't hard to fix myself!).

I love the new eyecandy.
Swoop over water and watch your wake, and dust clouds on take off and ground sweeps.
Landings I think are better as well. I always thought they were a bit too quick but never said anything. Now it's like you need most of the runway to land and not a quarter of it as you did before.
Landing gear is stronger too. I never thought some of my landings were heavy enough to rip my wheels off, but they did. Not now though. More durable.
Padlock range is better (3K's now).
I think flak lag might be fixed with the new netcode. Seemed terrible before, but I think it's OK now. Will need further investigation.
As for FM's and DM's being more historically accurate I couldn't say if they are or they're not. I know they needed addressing but I wasn't really concerned with them.
I just like to fly and don't care about climb rates, energy bleeds etc., etc.,
People do care and I respect that, but I'm not fussed about it.
I know that the YAK-3 is now harder to handle and has a little more gunshake (will they still call it the 'noobs' plane?), a friend who favours the hurri says that is harder too...
I know people are having problems with sound but for me they sound much better so I'm lucky with my hardware.

...and I'm sure there are many more goodies for me to find...

Excellent work Oleg and the boys (and girls)
Keep it up

Oh and in track playback it seems you can keep returning to your cockpit view now. It used to stick on externals after a while. Not now.
No magical rewind or cue bar for tracks though...

Message Edited on 08/13/0312:32AM by Scragbat

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 12:24 AM
I so far cannot fault the patch (apart from the UBI server thing which wasn't hard to fix myself!).

I love the new eyecandy.
Swoop over water and watch your wake, and dust clouds on take off and ground sweeps.
Landings I think are better as well. I always thought they were a bit too quick but never said anything. Now it's like you need most of the runway to land and not a quarter of it as you did before.
Landing gear is stronger too. I never thought some of my landings were heavy enough to rip my wheels off, but they did. Not now though. More durable.
Padlock range is better (3K's now).
I think flak lag might be fixed with the new netcode. Seemed terrible before, but I think it's OK now. Will need further investigation.
As for FM's and DM's being more historically accurate I couldn't say if they are or they're not. I know they needed addressing but I wasn't really concerned with them.
I just like to fly and don't care about climb rates, energy bleeds etc., etc.,
People do care and I respect that, but I'm not fussed about it.
I know that the YAK-3 is now harder to handle and has a little more gunshake (will they still call it the 'noobs' plane?), a friend who favours the hurri says that is harder too...
I know people are having problems with sound but for me they sound much better so I'm lucky with my hardware.

...and I'm sure there are many more goodies for me to find...

Excellent work Oleg and the boys (and girls)
Keep it up

Oh and in track playback it seems you can keep returning to your cockpit view now. It used to stick on externals after a while. Not now.
No magical rewind or cue bar for tracks though...

Message Edited on 08/13/0312:32AM by Scragbat

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 12:49 AM
Call me KizA$$ Junior!! I agree! Great patch...and the dust/dirt/wake kick up on low level is a BIG surprise!!!! It was Never discussed, I don't think, in all the announcements of "patch" features! Typical of Oleg and his team to throw in some treats, even in a "bug-fixin patch"..

But, sad to say, FEW will aprreciate that... the complainers and whiners are overwhelmingly in control of these forums.

<center>Wiley</center><center><font color="#FF0000";font size="3pt">Click HERE to visit Wiley'sWWIIGunCameraWorld (http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~chapman/flightsims/oberstguncam/Frameset/)</center>
<center>http://imagehost.auctionwatch.com/preview/wi/wileycoyote2/IwoJimatiny2.gif (http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~chapman/flightsims/oberstguncam/Movies/SandsOne.WMV) </center>
<center><font size ="2pt">Click Flag-Raising for the Full-Size(4.2Mb) Version</center>

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 12:51 AM
Yeah few clever new features kick ***!/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

"degustibus non disputandum"

<center>http://carguy.w.interia.pl/tracki/sig23d.jpg

<center>"Weder Tod noch Teufel!"</font>[/B]</center> (http://www.jzg23.de>[B]<font)

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 01:04 AM
I go along with all the above guys. Love the crazy spins when wings get chewed off too.

"Tis better to work towards an Impossible Good, rather than a Possible Evil."

SeaFireLIV.

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 01:05 AM
Oh and all the aircraft wrecks leave a smouldering fire.
With the smoke leaving a shadow!!

After a server has been running for a bit it's like Injuns are camped everywhere, hehe!