PDA

View Full Version : Controls

Karl_93
04-15-2007, 02:37 PM
I was thinking a bit about the controls. They put puppet strings on the legs, arm with weapon, arm wtihout weapon, and head. Smart move Ubi http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif cuz it takes away a lot of the playing with a page full of notes, as I did with PoP lol. But anywayz, I was thinking what would happen on a basic chase scene. Say you are running down the street with a box ahead of you and a bit to the right. There is also a person a bit ahead of you but to the left. At the same time say there is a pole leading up to an overhanging building a few feet directly in front of you. Say you choose to jump over the box. You press x{assuming ps3} for legs. It would seem pretty hard to distinguish between kicking the person, running up the wall, and jumping over the box. I understand that you most likely will be pressing the direction that the object is in, but if it happens to be in the vicinity of something else, I wonder how your gonna distinguish the exact thing you want to do. I'm hoping it won't be spiderman style, where when you release your web, it latches on to the "best" position, since in AC, there won't be a "best" position. Any thoughts on wut ubi's gonna do for this?