PDA

View Full Version : In ACR, will there actually be... Assassinations?

Rakudaton
05-28-2011, 09:31 AM
AC had 9 assassinations, AC2 had about 11 or so(not including DLC). In ACB, we got a grand total of four proper storyline assassinations. And I thought these were somewhat lacklustre...

1) The Banker, Juan Borgia: At no point do we actually see him being evil. The AC templars broke people's legs, execute innocents, threw people on fires. He just takes a prostitute to a party.

2) The Baron de Valois: He knows you're coming, making the idea of using stealth a bit redundant.

3) Micheletto: This is the most constrained assassination of all time. Walk to A, walk to B, walk to C, walk to Micheletto and kill him. Or not.

4) Cesare Borgia: OK, this was the best final mission yet -- but it's not really a normal assassination, as you cannot do any stealth and it's completely linear.

Is anyone else worried that we won't be getting many assassinations in ACR? By the time we get to AC3, maybe there won't be any at all. Plus the "creed" element is being diluted...

Mr_Shade
05-28-2011, 09:37 AM
Only time will tell.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Inorganic9_2
05-28-2011, 09:42 AM
Not really the Creed element...more like the Assassin element!

I agree. I do hope we get more and non-linear assassinations http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ILLusioNaire
05-28-2011, 09:52 AM
Well, the one where you kill Micheletto is actually a pretty good assassination. It lacked because you couldn't decide how to do it yourself, but compared to the others, it was probably the best.

However, I agree that there needed to be much more than just 4 major assassinations. ACII had a lot more. AC had a lot more. Hopefully this time there will at least be 8.

Gasketfuse
05-28-2011, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by ILLusioNaire:
Well, the one where you kill Micheletto is actually a pretty good assassination. It lacked because you couldn't decide how to do it yourself, but compared to the others, it was probably the best.

However, I agree that there needed to be much more than just 4 major assassinations. ACII had a lot more. AC had a lot more. Hopefully this time there will at least be 8. And we didn't even kill Micheletto..

ILLusioNaire
05-28-2011, 10:49 AM
Oh yeah, that's right, huh? We let him go... Hm. Now that I think about it that makes the whole thing pretty crappy.

IIwangcarsII
05-28-2011, 11:16 AM
I cant even recall any assassinations in brotherhood! LOL It was a big mess, at least in AC2 you had a list of conspirators and had to take them out. In brotherhood they kinda made normal killings seem like assassinations.

Mutant524
05-28-2011, 12:19 PM
After Sequence 4, assassinations are far too easy.

Why? Cause you can get your recruits to do them.

Did one of the Borgia Towers (one of the 5* difficulty ones) and I must have killed about 7 guards total. The rest (including the Captain I got my recruits to do.

iN3krO
05-28-2011, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Mutant524:
After Sequence 4, assassinations are far too easy.

Why? Cause you can get your recruits to do them.

Did one of the Borgia Towers (one of the 5* difficulty ones) and I must have killed about 7 guards total. The rest (including the Captain I got my recruits to do.

You can always chose to not use any recruit... it's all up to you as many ppl answer me when i say the game is easy -.-''

endless_vigil
05-28-2011, 12:41 PM
I did miss "real" assassinations in AC:B.

I also miss the fear from the first game. I felt people really feared you in the first game eg, the mission from the first game wear you assassinate Sibrand for example.

I do hope they bring assassinations back but I am unsure how they will fit into the storyline and who your targets would be (hopefully more historical figures)we shall have to wait and see...

iN3krO
05-28-2011, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by endless_vigil:

I also miss the fear from the first game. I felt people really feared you in the first game eg, the mission from the first game wear you assassinate Sibrand for example.

I do hope they bring assassinations back but I am unsure how they will fit into the storyline and who your targets would be (hopefully more historical figures)we shall have to wait and see...

Ac's writter have won an award for the game why couldn't he make it fits into the Ac franchise again?

Turkiye96
05-28-2011, 01:03 PM
I TOTALLY AGREE!!! the franchise really need to develop out enemies in the single player and add more. But i have to say, the final battle in ACB was AWESOME i really felt like a was in danger as i had only 3 medicines left after the fight :P so the final battle HAS to be a PROPER fight so no sneaks sucker kills. mano o mano :P ( brotherhood felt like more of a huge expansion pack (80% of a full game) and i hope ACR is big enough to en cooperate a lot of developed enemies. so there should be a mix between full on frontal charges and sneaks kills.

ThaWhistle
05-28-2011, 01:07 PM
the gameplay is starting to take a back seat to the story it seems. after I finished ACB, I had no desire to replay it, I tried to replay it again today, got 5 minutes in and got bored.

with AC1, I restarted it immediately after I finished the game. Even though it was reptitive as hell, it felt like there was another way to do everything. with ACB, between the short main storyline, the huge amount of busywork and side missions and 100% sync stuff, it seemed like there was only one way to do the missions, and the side stuff was so time consuming it isnt worth doing again.

ACfreak357
05-28-2011, 01:12 PM
Their should be alot more assassinations..idk about you guys but I kinda miss the process of assassinating someone that you had in AC1 where you had to gather info and plan out an attack but i didnt really get bothered by the repetitiveness of the assassinations in AC1 because I was so fascinated by the game.

But all I am saying is that ACR needs more assassinations and in my opinion 1 or 2 could be SIMILAR to the ones in AC1 where you would gather info and plan out an attack and imagine how you would be able to incorporate your brotherhood into this....Would be pretty cool.

iN3krO
05-28-2011, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Turkiye96:
I TOTALLY AGREE!!! the franchise really need to develop out enemies in the single player and add more. But i have to say, the final battle in ACB was AWESOME i really felt like a was in danger as i had only 3 medicines left after the fight :P so the final battle HAS to be a PROPER fight so no sneaks sucker kills. mano o mano :P ( brotherhood felt like more of a huge expansion pack (80% of a full game) and i hope ACR is big enough to en cooperate a lot of developed enemies. so there should be a mix between full on frontal charges and sneaks kills.

Well, now try to do the Ac2 last mission without medicine and without dying all the missions http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Then do the samething for the last sequence of AcB, you'll see that when you do it you'll be much more satisfied...

GunnarGunderson
05-28-2011, 02:33 PM
The Banker, Juan Borgia: At no point do we actually see him being evil.
Did you miss the part where he strangled the courtesan to death? but ya, I agree, the assassinations were boring and not really well done in Brotherhood, they weren't as open ended as the other games

Rakudaton
05-28-2011, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by BradKinn:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> The Banker, Juan Borgia: At no point do we actually see him being evil.
Did you miss the part where he strangled the courtesan to death? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes. When the heck did he do that? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

I recently played the mission. He says "I will take that... and THAT" and brings the courtesan with him. Then they just go to the party, hear Cesare speak, and then he dies of old age (or a hidden blade to the face, I forget which). At what point does he strangle her?

EDIT: Oh dearie me! I just found it on youtube. It seems you're right. (I'm normally focussing on infiltrating the party area and getting to a bench, rather than watching him. Fair enough, he's a bit of an evil person then.)

M4ST3R0fPUPPi3S
05-28-2011, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Rakudaton:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BradKinn:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> The Banker, Juan Borgia: At no point do we actually see him being evil.
Did you miss the part where he strangled the courtesan to death? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes. When the heck did he do that? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

I recently played the mission. He says "I will take that... and THAT" and brings the courtesan with him. Then they just go to the party, hear Cesare speak, and then he dies of old age (or a hidden blade to the face, I forget which). At what point does he strangle her?

EDIT: Oh dearie me! I just found it on youtube. It seems you're right. (I'm normally focussing on infiltrating the party area and getting to a bench, rather than watching him. Fair enough, he's a bit of an evil person then.) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Am I the only one that saves her? I just push through the crowd, sprint-climb up to the stairs and leap down on him before he can kill her... Lulzzz.

iN3krO
05-28-2011, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by M4ST3R0fPUPPi3S:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rakudaton:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BradKinn:

EDIT: Oh dearie me! I just found it on youtube. It seems you're right. (I'm normally focussing on infiltrating the party area and getting to a bench, rather than watching him. Fair enough, he's a bit of an evil person then.) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Am I the only one that saves her? I just push through the crowd, sprint-climb up to the stairs and leap down on him before he can kill her... Lulzzz. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do it too.. you're one assassin http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

GunnarGunderson
05-28-2011, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by M4ST3R0fPUPPi3S:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rakudaton:

Am I the only one that saves her? I just push through the crowd, sprint-climb up to the stairs and leap down on him before he can kill her... Lulzzz. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A good assassin doesn't let personal feelings get in the way

Calvarok
05-28-2011, 04:36 PM
Michiletto's was the best, but sadly the most linear. I'm glad that they're getting better at linear stuff, but honestly, that should be saved for the last mission, and they should work on improving their open ended assassinations, and how you navigate them.

knightshad0w
05-28-2011, 04:41 PM
I agree, we need more assassinations and less faffing about.

iN3krO
05-28-2011, 05:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by M4ST3R0fPUPPi3S:

A good assassin doesn't let personal feelings get in the way </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

a good assassin do everything to save inocent ppl...

Will_Lucky
05-28-2011, 06:41 PM
I've always considered Ezio more of a soldier than an Assassin, I'm quite sure while he was in Tuscany he looked forward to commanding mercenaries rather than using stealth.

Who knows, maybe being the age he is in AC:R its for his own good to be more stealthy rather than go after everything aggressively.

GunnarGunderson
05-28-2011, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by M4ST3R0fPUPPi3S:

A good assassin doesn't let personal feelings get in the way </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

a good assassin do everything to save inocent ppl... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Altair didn't stop Sibrand from killing that cleric

Oatkeeper
05-28-2011, 09:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:

Altair didn't stop Sibrand from killing that cleric </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The entire philosophy of the Assassins is based on the idea of necessary sacrifice. The assassins killed men with good intentions simply because their methods are questionable. Altair would kill innocent people just to make sure they did not breath a word.

JonnyQuickShot
05-28-2011, 09:37 PM
Yes, so in order to remain stealthy, and save the prostitute, I shot him with instant poison...

eagleforlife1
05-29-2011, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by Rakudaton:

Link? I had no idea that he murdered her.

crash3
05-29-2011, 11:08 AM
i really miss the deep, philosophical conversations that Altair had with his victims in AC1 after he killed them, they questioned each persons actions and made you think more.

they also made the templars that he killed, seem more significant in the story and that they had to be killed or terrible things would happen

in ACB we are just told, theres a bad guy=templar=KILL HIM!!! which completely loses the intelligent side of these assassinations an it feels like less of an achievement when you kill the ACB templars as there is just no feeling to it

ThaWhistle
05-29-2011, 11:19 AM

A good assassin doesn't let personal feelings get in the way

that makes ezio the worst assassin ever then.

PhiIs1618033
05-29-2011, 11:34 AM
I really hope we get freedom again. With actual information of the site beforehand. Like AC1.

crash3
05-29-2011, 11:43 AM
i really want to see those information videos that we got in AC2 givig background info on each of our targets, stating who they are, how they are connected to the templars and all the bad things they have done

i think it was a real mistake not to have those in ACB as the templars didnt really seem that significant at all in ACB, it was just they are bad so we kill them which isnt how assassins creed should be like

sassinscreed
05-29-2011, 04:15 PM
the assassinations were just what assassin's creed brotherhood was missing they focused on side missions more then on what ac missions are supposed to be- assassinating important templar leaders and those assassinations in brotherhood were boring compared to ac1 and ac2

i agree with you here i made a similar thread too before i saw this one just hope there will be "real" assassination missions in revelations

masterfenix2009
05-29-2011, 07:06 PM
I need a link to that video too. I cant find it

Asher13
05-29-2011, 07:32 PM
I think the lack of Templar-style relations like in AC1 and AC2 actually sorta makes sense in a way. This isn't really a battle between Assassins and Templars, but a personal battle between Cesare and Ezio for Rome and consequently all of Italy. There is no grand Templar plan here (in fact, the head Templar, Rodrigo, wants nothing to do with Ezio anymore).

Cesare personally attacked Monterrigioni for his own glory, not for Templar ideals. Makes sense he and his cronies aren't really treated the same as previous targets were. At least, that's how I saw it. You're not fighting an idealistic Templar like in the first game, or a power-mad Templar like in AC2, but a narcissistic glory hound.

crash3
05-30-2011, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by Asher13:
I think the lack of Templar-style relations like in AC1 and AC2 actually sorta makes sense in a way. This isn't really a battle between Assassins and Templars, but a personal battle between Cesare and Ezio for Rome and consequently all of Italy. There is no grand Templar plan here (in fact, the head Templar, Rodrigo, wants nothing to do with Ezio anymore).

Cesare personally attacked Monterrigioni for his own glory, not for Templar ideals. Makes sense he and his cronies aren't really treated the same as previous targets were. At least, that's how I saw it. You're not fighting an idealistic Templar like in the first game, or a power-mad Templar like in AC2, but a narcissistic glory hound.

i understand what you mean, assassins dont just kill templars, they kill anyone with too much power and is tyrannical with this power, but dont mistake Cesare for not being like a templar, remember he still took the apple POE

but ye there needs to be more of a templar feel next game, not just killing bad guys

CFord664
05-31-2011, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Oatkeeper:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:

The entire philosophy of the Assassins is based on the idea of necessary sacrifice. The assassins killed men with good intentions simply because their methods are questionable. Altair would kill innocent people just to make sure they did not breath a word. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1st tenet of the Creed: Stay your blade from the flesh of an innocent.

After his first failure at this, Altair kept to the Creed. Those he interrogated and subsequently killed aided and abetted the Templars, removing their innocents.

CloudInertia
05-31-2011, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by endless_vigil:

i do miss the way you actually assassinate ur targets from AC. they should keep that. ACII was alright with it. AC:B it was not there. AC did it the best. i miss that because you can choose how to assassinate them.

http://www.lusogamer.com/live/default/gamercard_acbrotherhood/Hashshashin89.png (http://www.lusogamer.com/profile/live?gamertag=Hashshashin89)

Oatkeeper
05-31-2011, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by CFord664:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Oatkeeper:

The entire philosophy of the Assassins is based on the idea of necessary sacrifice. The assassins killed men with good intentions simply because their methods are questionable. Altair would kill innocent people just to make sure they did not breath a word. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1st tenet of the Creed: Stay your blade from the flesh of an innocent.

After his first failure at this, Altair kept to the Creed. Those he interrogated and subsequently killed aided and abetted the Templars, removing their innocents. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I clearly remember Altiar stabbing a few dudes who did nothing more than talk about how ****ed off they where at the assassination target, or some dudes who yelled out to the townspeople who only really where doing their job and had no allegiance.
By killing these people Altair also was keeping the 3rd tenant, don't endanger the brotherhood.

SquarePolo27
06-01-2011, 05:21 AM
Though the first only had 9 assassinations, you actually had to find out where the target was and keep a very low profile. You also had a lot of freedom in the approach.

Inorganic9_2
06-01-2011, 08:09 AM
I think the devleopers need to plan the assassinations better too. A lot of the time in Brothehrood, the assassinations were so rushed and a bit disjointed. Spoilers coming up I suppose

Take the banker. Find a guy who doesn't bat an eyelid when you stab/slash everyone who's beating him up, lead him through streets with little oppurtunity to avoid guards unless you get your assassins to kill them or use some of the scattered courtesans. Follow Egidio to the Pantheon (I didn't think that part was too bad)...somehow get inside the pantheon via the roof, kill the guy counting the money AND change into his bloodless armour without anyone noticing...his guards don't notice he's changed his looks and facial hair style since he's been inside. Then "lead" the way with a reaction of simply "do you think he's forgotten?" when you entirely the wrong way (I thought that part was not at all believable). Once you get there, Ezio magically changes back into his robes (where did he get those from?).

Also, the Baron de Valois...it is difficult (I haven't done it yet) to get past the checkpoint guards without being discovered...

DavidPV86
06-01-2011, 11:32 AM
I hope they mix the assassination styles from both ACI and AC2