PDA

View Full Version : Smoke, get rid of it!

XyZspineZyX
11-01-2003, 05:58 PM
The one feature of IL2 that really bugs me is the wingtip smoke. WWII planes didn't have it, it's an airshow gimmick for crying out loud.
I see countless complaints about people mis-using it in various forums, for forming up on leader, for telling wingmen that you need help etc.
We have nav lights for forming up, and text and voice comms to ask for help.

I would absolutely love to see the smoke feature either removed entirely, or at least have it so that the host can disable it in difficulty settings.

Thanks

Budanova (296thIAP)

XyZspineZyX
11-01-2003, 05:58 PM
The one feature of IL2 that really bugs me is the wingtip smoke. WWII planes didn't have it, it's an airshow gimmick for crying out loud.
I see countless complaints about people mis-using it in various forums, for forming up on leader, for telling wingmen that you need help etc.
We have nav lights for forming up, and text and voice comms to ask for help.

I would absolutely love to see the smoke feature either removed entirely, or at least have it so that the host can disable it in difficulty settings.

Thanks

Budanova (296thIAP)

XyZspineZyX
11-01-2003, 06:18 PM
The racing fans probably use it. Like you, I did not care for it, so I got rid of it as follows:

Go into Controls, under Misc, Toggle Wingtip Smoke,

1) Click left mouse button on the T, enter M, click yes in the dialog box,
2) goto Toggle Map, click left mouse button where M was, enter M,
3) click Apply.

No more wingtip smoke. You'll have to do that for each pilot or copy the settings.ini file in the changed pilots folder to each of the other pilots folders. Backup the original to be safe.