PDA

View Full Version : Possible game storyline

lompocus
10-23-2006, 05:17 PM
Well, I was looking at the videos on this game on youtube, and two things caught my eye: the flickering that occasionally ocurred (i think this was actually on the main site with the altair pic) and the menu at the end of the X06 demo. Both seemed to not be part of this desert, middle ages-assasiny kind of theme in the game. I already knew that 10% of the game takes place in the modern world, and that's when this idea suddenly hit me.

I remembered about this one guy's multiverse theory (multiple universes), and it said that there are an infinite number of universes accounting for every possiblity that is possible in any universe. Well, what if this game has one of the many multiverse theories incorporated into the story? Here are a few of my ideas:
1) Altair is a human that exists in the present day. There was some scientific discovery that allowed people to travel to multiverses. Now, since a verse is not tied to a specific time, it could easily be the middle ages they travel to. Reason: Can allow for sequals to involve something going wrong with the machine, disruption in their timeline and verse, etc.
2) This one doesn't use the multiverse theory. It's simalar to #1 though. Basically, get rid of the multiverse theory and make it so that a time machine was invented. How it allows sequals: something goes wrong, disruption, ect... Same as number uno.
3) This has nothing to do with the multiverse thing. It does, however, give a reason for the flickering that was purposely put into the videos. This is all virtual reality. This is meant to show the consequences of stuff or to so the results of different chains of events to solve political disputes, religious disputes, etc. in the real world.

Well, that's all i have for now, thought about this a couple of weeks ago and i had been looking for a place to post it.

If any idea happens to be part of Ubisoft's plans, then no one gave me any info, its all just some quick piecing together that i did 2 weeks ago.

In the extreme case of a lawsuit for some ungodly reason(anything might happen), i'm savin this.

10/23/06

-lompocus
joshalexinlompoc@gmail.com

RetiredHatch
10-23-2006, 05:30 PM
it's already been confirmed that a distant relative from the future or (our present day or future something) is looking back at altair through genetic memory reliving his ancestor's story dunno where that leads but your 3 one seems more right than the others http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

lompocus
10-23-2006, 05:38 PM
Well, that basically killed my post :/

still though, where'd you get that from?

RetiredHatch
10-23-2006, 05:46 PM
I'll look for it alot of different websites have that as their info let me check... for it lots of things to look through x.x

Edit:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=146301
it says it near the bottom http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Oh and here:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yxsGDXTjsio

dev diary that goes over the basic story of assassin's there's two dev diary's out if you want to look at the second one

SteelStudMan
10-23-2006, 08:00 PM
actually - you just summed up the theme to the book "Timeline" by Michael Crichton. (the bookis much better- and more in tune to your idea- than the crappy movie)

Marek86
10-25-2006, 05:58 PM
I still think my idea was better. Well a lot of it pertains to what's currently going on over in the holy land, their still fighting over it. In the future the war will escalate to an overwhelming status. The whole world will be in chaos trying to solve the matter. So scientists create a time machine, they work for some kind of agency, possibly real or made up. They recruit altair, though his nem may be different in this time period and send him back to 1191 to stop the war and bring peace to the future so that the whole thing never happened. Then the world would be safe and the death would stop and all the stuff. I was thinking something along the lines of that, I still think it sounds better than what they have now.

Maximus1170
10-30-2006, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by SteelStudMan:
actually - you just summed up the theme to the book "Timeline" by Michael Crichton. (the bookis much better- and more in tune to your idea- than the crappy movie)

I was thinking the exact same thing when i was reading Iompocus' post. Also, book - Amazing, movie - ****.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

There are exceptions to everything, nothing is absolute.