PDA

View Full Version : Oddities

justynhunter
12-23-2005, 03:45 PM
I just got FB+ACE+PF installed, playing between each step and patch, but now I have a problem. I posted this in the patch order thread, but I suppose most people don't read old sticky threads. Anyway, I can't play the game with landscape on perfect, which I could do when I did a PF stand alone install (before I bought FB). If I turn on landscape perfect while the game is running the ground just disappears. If I have it turned on when I attempt to start a mission it complains that it cannot load the map.

In addition, I cannot fly in a SBD3. I don't know why, but when the mission loads I see nothing but the horizon, not cockpit nothing. I thought the game had crashed, but I hit F2 anyway and pow I was in an external view. I had no control over the plane and F1 did not put me in the cockpit.

Anyway here is my system in case it helps:

AMD Athlon64 3500+
1GB RAM
Geforce 6800 GT.

justynhunter
12-23-2005, 03:45 PM
I just got FB+ACE+PF installed, playing between each step and patch, but now I have a problem. I posted this in the patch order thread, but I suppose most people don't read old sticky threads. Anyway, I can't play the game with landscape on perfect, which I could do when I did a PF stand alone install (before I bought FB). If I turn on landscape perfect while the game is running the ground just disappears. If I have it turned on when I attempt to start a mission it complains that it cannot load the map.

In addition, I cannot fly in a SBD3. I don't know why, but when the mission loads I see nothing but the horizon, not cockpit nothing. I thought the game had crashed, but I hit F2 anyway and pow I was in an external view. I had no control over the plane and F1 did not put me in the cockpit.

AMD Athlon64 3500+
1GB RAM
Geforce 6800 GT.

steve_v
12-23-2005, 03:51 PM
sounds like an incorrect patch order

exactly how did you patch the merged install?

justynhunter
12-26-2005, 05:20 PM
I installed Forgotten Battles, then Ace Expansion Pack, then Pacific Fighters (The install into FB choice), then installed pf_v301m_to_v303m then pf_v401m then pf_v402m. Like I mentioned I ran a quick mission builder between each step. The problems cropped up when I installed 4.01.

Wolkenbeisser
12-27-2005, 02:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by justynhunter:

AMD Athlon64 3500+
1GB RAM
Geforce 6800 GT. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

...your plane is not marked as "player" in this mission (that's why you can see 'em only with F2). You need to open the mission in the editor and select the plane you want to fly. Then go to the las tab (on the right) and check the box "player". Then save the mission and try again.

goog luck

justynhunter
12-27-2005, 06:53 AM
its one of the missions that came with the game and it also happens in the dynamic campaign if I try to play as a USN bomber.

hamselv2
12-27-2005, 09:22 AM
Wrong patching (again).
You can NOT use the 3.01m to 3.03m patch.

You need the 3.0 (PF) to 3.03m patch.
Please read here:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/4721047273

NosTraDomus
01-07-2006, 08:43 PM
i had the same problem,its that damm patch calloed, PF_301 t0 303.exe or what evere the name is...its corrupted..screws me up in the exact SAME way... had to uninstal/reinstall i thot it was b/c of that prog for extracting files, so i could "enhance' the game features..lol but i install the 301 then 303 then so on... in order.. i didnt use that B/S 3_to_302 patch...

Tully__
01-09-2006, 04:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NosTraDomus:
i had the same problem,its that damm patch calloed, PF_301 t0 303.exe or what evere the name is...its corrupted.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>It's not corrupted, it's intended to be installed over a version already patched to 3.01. If you're going from version 3.0 (box version) you MUST use the 100MB pf_patch303.exe for standalone PF or pf_patch303m.exe for merged FB/AEP/PF to get to the 3.03/3.03m version.

There is usually no need to re-install, just re-patch with the correct patches in the right order.