PDA

View Full Version : Hooray for Myst V!

bowendesign
07-17-2005, 06:32 AM
Well, lets clear the air beyond "for 3D/against 3D" arguments. I'm looking forward to this game, and I'm sure a lot of you are!

I've gotta make lunch now, so I can't elaborate, but list the things you're most looking forward to!

1) New characters! Loving the small snippets of voiceover acting so far on the avatars, and even the blurred video of them interacting physically with the environment is WOW.
2) Increased interaction, even with the environments! Wow, changing the weather and appearence of the entire Age using a tablet? Wish I could do that in London when it rains on my Wacom.
3) A stunning new soundtrack to look forward to!
4) Maybe a trip back to Myst Island, only in up-to-date 3D?
5) NEW CREATURES! Hopefully maintaining the level of ingenious design as Riven more than the other titles...

You?

bowendesign
07-17-2005, 06:32 AM
Well, lets clear the air beyond "for 3D/against 3D" arguments. I'm looking forward to this game, and I'm sure a lot of you are!

I've gotta make lunch now, so I can't elaborate, but list the things you're most looking forward to!

1) New characters! Loving the small snippets of voiceover acting so far on the avatars, and even the blurred video of them interacting physically with the environment is WOW.
2) Increased interaction, even with the environments! Wow, changing the weather and appearence of the entire Age using a tablet? Wish I could do that in London when it rains on my Wacom.
3) A stunning new soundtrack to look forward to!
4) Maybe a trip back to Myst Island, only in up-to-date 3D?
5) NEW CREATURES! Hopefully maintaining the level of ingenious design as Riven more than the other titles...

You?

thewebb
07-17-2005, 08:55 AM
of the things you listed the one i'm really looking forward to is revisiting myst island. i'd love to go back and see how it has changed over the years and attempt new puzzles there.

apart from that i'm looking forward to the story, finding out what happens in the final installment of myst.

i'm more looking forward to seeing characters i know already than new ones. we should see atrus and catherine (and of course yeesha) again but beyond that i fear no old characters. in particular, i'd really like to see gehn again but doubt we will, see this (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5811098262/m/4421009113) thread i started.

AdamJohnso
07-17-2005, 10:26 AM
I'm looking forward to revisiting the cavern http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif, and playing a good, Cyan developed game. It's not a game unless it's developed by Cyan.

Alahmnat
07-18-2005, 01:37 AM
I'm looking forward to finally getting to walk on the beach on Noloben... that Age has been taunting me since 1998 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif. Seeing Myst done up and worn down will definitely be interesting, if we get to see more than we did in Uru.

I'm very much looking forward to the new characters, as well. I'm anxious to see how the rest of Yeesha's story will play out, and how wide-spread the ramifications of our actions will be this time around.

AdamJohnso
07-18-2005, 01:22 PM
Oh, speaking of Yeesha's story; I forgot that I wanted to hit one of the bahro upside the head with a lead pipe. I hope Atrus's teams left one on K'veer!

Takua-Kaita-600
07-20-2005, 03:16 PM
I am excited for Myst 5. I cant wait to see the interesting fusion between 3d and nodes. It seems very cool! And I'm also anxious to have both Uru and Myst's questions finally answered!