PDA

View Full Version : fighting the 300 templars

Submarinex1
11-10-2008, 02:28 PM
ok im at bit where he says ok fight by trial by combat can someone explain why there are about 8 templars attacking me if its meant to be trial by combat.

ok im not compete history buff but im dam sure trial by combat was two people, why not give them uzi's i cant seem to fight one without constantly being hit in back by another.

nice game up to this point other than few niggles but this has nearly made me give up on it.

drfeelgood8849
11-10-2008, 02:38 PM
focus on counters.

Submarinex1
11-10-2008, 02:49 PM
did it, suddenly they all went down, but ive had loads reloads to do it, to be honest its ruined what was good up to that bit, its no fun having to keep reloading a game just because some dire ai makes 10 tempelrs hit you at same time. if any one who come up with this great idea to make the game seem longer than it already is please dont even think of doing it in second.

sensationikke
11-13-2008, 11:44 AM
are you guys talking about at the end? I never had to do it over. Learn to fight!

You can also try by moving to the edges, so you won't be surrounded...

mornegroth
11-15-2008, 09:02 AM
That part is preety easy actualy, if you use the hidden dagger to fight them then it's a one minute fight http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif (probably less)

Crash_Plague
11-15-2008, 10:37 AM
Throw the guys off the cliff.

=

Easy solution.

lol.

(lmao because you can't throw them off the cliff http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif)

Reddisback
11-17-2008, 06:29 AM
are there realy 300 templars in it? Man! i only killed 60 so far! i remember thr first time i came across one. it scared the living .... outta me!! but now i kinda go look for 'em. i love a good aponent! specially if they fight back. what i found out is that they are slow in the begining. i alway's beging with a large sword bash and normally (at least on what im am hoping?) is that they block the atack? then i do a counter, and then the fight is won by me! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

atleast.... that was the idea? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

TreFacTor
11-25-2008, 08:37 AM
the templars are stupid, they telegraph their moves, one counter with the hidden blade will eliminate them post haste while looking bad *** in the process.

I walk the streets freely without fear as an assassin!

lilkanyon
11-28-2008, 11:25 AM
you counter with your hidden blade? How do you block anything that way? I just didn't attack them much unless I saw one looking scared, then you can pwn his face pretty quick.

But it's meant to be a hard fight. It's meant to test your ability to fight, not such shank people in the back the whole game.

P.S. If they defense break you, the safest counter is the dodge.

stevejoe13
11-30-2008, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by drfeelgood8849:
focus on counters.

I agree, its been a while but try to keep them all on one side so theyre not swarming you, and counter as they attack one at a time. Also throwing knives are useful.

XxRTEKxX
12-04-2008, 06:55 PM
Yeah, if you're good at timin it, the hidden blade is amazing to use in counters. It gets harder to do when there are more enemies surrounding you. Altair doesnt seem to like to counter with the hidden blade if the attack is not coming from in front of him. Any other weapon, and it's like he has eyes on the back of his head. Pull out that hidden blade, and those back of the head eye balls close up tight.

GoDzITarquin
12-06-2008, 10:40 AM
i agree with chong, this did take me a couple of tries but this was before i found the magic of countering.
basically all i did on the second time of completing the game was counter them which knocks them to the floor, quickly grab out the hidden blade and jump on that son ov a *****'s ***.
the third time round of completing the game i used counters with the hidden, i dont mean to brag but i have become really good at that, and save your throwing knives for the fite you can take a few out before they actually start attacking

coolcat1909
12-06-2008, 02:54 PM
this sounds pretty hard, haven't gotten to this stage yet but i'll try these methods when i do, thanks! http://photosnag.com/img/1275/y08m1110mhmd/2.gif

kristian413
12-16-2008, 07:29 PM
i never used knives in the fight id use them for people far away i enjoyed attacking with the smaller sword some of the counter moves you can do with that blade is cool but its deffiantly about skill when fighting ive found the further you go in the game the clever the guards are and you cant just go swinging at them as they will block it the better opition is to wait for them to attack you counter them and then swing back at them after youve counterd them

lilkanyon
12-17-2008, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by XxCH0NGxX:
Yeah, if you're good at timin it, the hidden blade is amazing to use in counters. It gets harder to do when there are more enemies surrounding you. Altair doesnt seem to like to counter with the hidden blade if the attack is not coming from in front of him. Any other weapon, and it's like he has eyes on the back of his head. Pull out that hidden blade, and those back of the head eye balls close up tight.

Ok, I have learned that you can use the hidden blade as a counter move (and the graphics are pretty sweet) but you do take some damage and you have to be fast if you use it in combination with a toss. I've never used it before because you default to your sword typically when attacked and you have to force your hidden blade to fight with it, but it's pretty awesome if you kill a guy with it. Nothing like stabbing a guy in the skull to make your day.

Thanks for the videos out there using the pure hidden blade to kill for help on understanding it can actually be done. (Be very careful though..don't try till you have counter kills at the very least)

P.S. I play on PC, getting the 'Box' for Xmas so I have to relearn the whole game then..sigh..not sure if it's different there.

moortoose
12-25-2008, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by XxCH0NGxX:

okay i have a question are we talkin about the shank or are we talkin about the dagger cuzz i didnt know you could us the hidden blad in counters like i have bin told you could but i have tryed and it dont work and im pretty good at using the counters but im not sayin im perfect but i am pretty good.

Zeb_Macahan
12-26-2008, 03:53 AM
I still can't survive the final "combat" fight with the templars. 9 of them surrounding me stabbing from side and behind. I don't stand a chance whether with hidden blade or the sword. It is difficult to focus one opponent, a couple of blows and if he's retreating, another one is hitting from aside. Very often they are retreating out in the grey zone, impossible to hit and another jumping on me from the back while I'm just waving in the air!

DolvenDeluxe
12-28-2008, 07:23 AM
I dont understand why you use other weapons than the sword. Its great!! If its like 4 of them, you just go slow backwords, then they attack you one at a time and you just counter the attack. and then they dont go behind you.

If its more like say 10, then you first just swing your sword a couple of times so you kill someone. then just go backwords and counter. ( If you are in a room or something just stand near the wall. So they dont come behind you.

Another thing. If you counter but dont kill the man, you just throw him down or something. Then go and slash him with your sword a couple of times! Becouse the others around you dont attack you when your doing this!

Well i haven`t hade a fight with 9 templars yet, but that cant be t hard.. ? But where do i really find the templars?