PDA

View Full Version : Hood

Silhouette1991
06-07-2009, 11:08 AM
I don't like Altair and Ezio's hood.I mean it's ok sometimes,but how can he blend in the crowd with his white hood on the head?!He's too obvious!It would be best if there was some button to press so Ezio can have a hood or not,depending of the situation.

ThePheonix1030
06-07-2009, 11:13 AM
Yeah, I wanted that option in AC1 as well, but it never happened. And I don't think they'll implement it in AC2 either, unfortunately.

StepUp100294
06-07-2009, 11:22 AM
Maybe they would, Ezio being a noble and all.
But still, I hope they would consider it.

FYTJ
06-07-2009, 11:26 AM
I think it's suppose to just add to the whole mystery and stuff.
You know, never see them as they really are are.
I actually quite like it like that.

hambo17
06-07-2009, 01:04 PM
Later on in the game do you get a black hood? Or is that in the limted black edition? It says that Ezio gets the black robe later on in the adventure, but does that only include the black edition?

caswallawn_2k7
06-07-2009, 01:06 PM
they said the black outfit is award to you near to the end of the game.

hambo17
06-07-2009, 03:29 PM
Oh right, Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif. I think thats pretty cool cos the black cloak looks quite nice http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

moqqy
06-07-2009, 03:36 PM
where da hood where da hood where da hood at

KillerTortilla
06-07-2009, 07:15 PM
Well I don't think there's a kingdom in AC II so there's no way they can make sure Ezio is an Assassin by riding fast in horses. So maybe they can use the hood to that purpose (or walking very fast).

Sypron
06-08-2009, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by KillerTortilla:
Well I don't think there's a kingdom in AC II so there's no way they can make sure Ezio is an Assassin by riding fast in horses. So maybe they can use the hood to that purpose (or walking very fast).

AC II's version of the Kingdom is the Tuscan country side.

I think the hood isn't so much to blend in with monks anymore, its just become a staple of the protagonist. Its still shapped like a beak (like Altair's). I bet Desmond's hood will have that beak too, he'll probably put it on when he goes badass and escapes Abstergo.

SWJS
06-08-2009, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by Sypron:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KillerTortilla:

AC II's version of the Kingdom is the Tuscan country side.

I think the hood isn't so much to blend in with monks anymore, its just become a staple of the protagonist. Its still shapped like a beak (like Altair's). I bet Desmond's hood will have that beak too, he'll probably put it on when he goes badass and escapes Abstergo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Plus the fact that the beak signifies the importance of the meaning of their names.

Both Ezio and Altair were agile and could climb buildings and leap off onto guards or into haystacks. Hence why they're names both mean "The Flying One" and "Eagle".

Xanatos2007
06-09-2009, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by FYTJ:
I think it's suppose to just add to the whole mystery and stuff.
You know, never see them as they really are are.
I actually quite like it like that.

I agree. The hood also keeps your face in the shadows, making it impossible for enemies to see where you're looking. That's why bodyguards alwaya wear sunglasses.
^That and the hood just looks damn cool, it's like an AC trademark.

KZarr
06-09-2009, 05:45 AM
^Agree

revoltingbunny
06-09-2009, 06:30 AM
Well come on... without the hood it would take out the 'Assassin' aspect out of the game... I think...

Edengoth
07-28-2009, 10:34 PM
You guys are all wrong. Ezio and Altair had horrible haircuts, so they never take their hoods off. The Assassin informants wear turbans because they have hideous moustaches, too. (Actually that last bit is true :P)

eZpiri2
07-28-2009, 10:58 PM
like what Sypron said, the hood now became a part of them. Anyway, I'd feel better as playing as a guy with a bloody hood instead of a bloody face.

Plus, the hood looks awesome, to me. It makes them look deadly with their, ( or ezio's) smirk.

UchihaKarasu
07-28-2009, 11:06 PM
The main reason Ubisoft has the characters wearing a hood is because it helps the player better identify with the character. Because you can't see their face, it's easier to put yourself in their shoes. That's also why Altair didn't have any flashy idling moves.
(I read this in the "Making of Assassin's Creed" booklet.

Xanatos2007
07-28-2009, 11:46 PM
Besides, everybody likes mysterious hooded characters! Who can honestly say they don't think Altair or Ezio or Alex Mercer or Garrett or any other hooded character looks cool?

Danvish
07-29-2009, 12:47 AM
Without the hood, it will be much easier for people to recognise Ezio/Altair, so no more quiet assassins since guards will recognise your face EVERYWHERE.

eZpiri2
07-29-2009, 06:15 PM
lol, everyone will notice Ezio as the only guy wearing a hood. Anyway, Ezio is rich, and very well known, I'll doubt that without the hood he'll blend more in.

I'll get pretty mad if the guards kidnap Leonardo da Vinci as a threat to turn your self in.

obliviondoll
07-29-2009, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by eZpiri2:
The guards'll get pretty dead if they kidnap Leonardo da Vinci as a threat to turn your self in.
Fixed that for you.

Danvish
07-30-2009, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by eZpiri2:
lol, everyone will notice Ezio as the only guy wearing a hood. Anyway, Ezio is rich, and very well known, I'll doubt that without the hood he'll blend more in.

I'll get pretty mad if the guards kidnap Leonardo da Vinci as a threat to turn your self in.

Ezio is not really known. He's a young noble, maybe when he becomes a badass assassin he'll get known, but then, only as "The Assassino".
Noone actually knows who's Ezio Auditore Da Firenze