PDA

View Full Version : Joystick upgrade - Wow - vive la differance

timholt
10-16-2004, 11:03 PM
Having gone through 2 Logitech Wingman sticks in 2 years I decided to lash out and purchased the CH Combatstick and CH throttle to go with the already existing CH pro pedals.
I should have done it from the word go. They have given the game a whole new lease of life and with the multitude of buttons the keyboard is about to grow cobwebs.
The kill rate has gone up with the infinitely better control as the gravy stroke nears.
With the Track IR its now as close to the real thing that you will get to actual flying (on a PC) (I fly aerobatics for a hobby in real life so I do have something realistic to compare it to.}
However a curiousity question to other CH users - how does one get the fine control thumb operated joystick on the throttle to work???

timholt
10-16-2004, 11:03 PM
Having gone through 2 Logitech Wingman sticks in 2 years I decided to lash out and purchased the CH Combatstick and CH throttle to go with the already existing CH pro pedals.
I should have done it from the word go. They have given the game a whole new lease of life and with the multitude of buttons the keyboard is about to grow cobwebs.
The kill rate has gone up with the infinitely better control as the gravy stroke nears.
With the Track IR its now as close to the real thing that you will get to actual flying (on a PC) (I fly aerobatics for a hobby in real life so I do have something realistic to compare it to.}
However a curiousity question to other CH users - how does one get the fine control thumb operated joystick on the throttle to work???

TX-EcoDragon
10-17-2004, 04:42 AM
many times in the software you need to set it up with mouse emulation or as a hat, once you have done that you should be able to assign things to it as you see fit.

And where are you based, if you don't mind me asking?

trap46
10-17-2004, 02:40 PM
how does one get the fine control thumb operated joystick on the throttle to work???
After you went throught the calibation, using the CH manager.
1. Get your wife's (or girl fiend's) White finger nail polish.
2. The conbatstick is black plastic, so I looked at the one on the rifgr side and painted the thw wheel, with a small drop of polish. The big spot on the wheel. Then made the same type mark on the big spot in the center.
3. Do the same for the back wheel.
These are really pitch and yaw wheels. If you move the pitch wheel back you are going to pitch up. With the back wheel you either yaw left or right. Get in you simulator and move them you will see what I Mean.
I have the 568 combatstick USB, CH Pedals and pro throttle.
Good hunting

trap46
10-17-2004, 02:43 PM
Too **** bad they don't have a spell checker. I am having trouble with the above instructions.

timholt
10-17-2004, 04:03 PM
As to where I'm based - Adelaide South Australia
As to Trap46's response - ????????????????
I am still none the wiser as to how to get the thumb joystick on the throttle operational???
Has anyone else got this up and running? In the sheet that came with it it states "works on applications where supported, is FB/AEP supported?