PDA

View Full Version : Does the game change later on?

fpus
11-16-2007, 08:57 AM
Just wondering, does the game change as you get further in?
I'm rank 2 or whatever its called (been playing about 4 hours) or so and its still telling me to do everything and its so scripted...

Is there free play at all or is it just follow this one storyline?

Raide
11-16-2007, 09:06 AM
The storyline does progress in a fairly linear fashion (As good narrative dictates), but it is fun to find out the secrets of the story as you play. The game does get harder as you progress as the targets you have to find are harder to attack.

You still have the side quests and the flag hunting to do, as well as killing the Templars too. Make sure you watch after the credits as well. You are free to do what you want and in whatever order. The story still leads you by the hand but you are free to let go and go for a wander whenever you like. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Raide
UK Forum Manager

huntersc
11-16-2007, 09:18 AM
Darn I'd like to buy this but all these PS3 complaints are really putting me off...I want to wander! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

dd22cowboys
11-16-2007, 09:26 AM
uhh you can wander all you want, for literally hours and hours. But you just do it in between missions. I dunno what the guy is talking about its pretty dam unscripted to me.

fpus
11-16-2007, 09:36 AM
Well sure you can wander for hours and hours, and see some cool stuff, the same cool stuff over and over...
grab flags, save peons, over and over and over...
Man I'm bored and I've played for 5 hours...

So what I'm talking about is...I want to build my character...give him my own personal touches, maybe I dont want a sword, just daggers...
SCRIPTED.

Morvix
11-16-2007, 11:04 AM
Hmm just use your short sword then, nobody said this was an RPG with character progression. Seriously some of you guys are taking the game way out of context. I am enjoying it still on my 6th assassination and it is still fun, I guess being older you appreciate things more.

TheECP
11-16-2007, 11:09 AM
I describe it has a Linear free roaming game. I love it though.

avsrule247
11-16-2007, 11:12 AM
Aren't all story games linear? It is very hard/confusing to make a story game NOT linear. You can choose which guy you want to kill at times but eventually you still have to kill them all. All games are like that.

fpus
11-16-2007, 11:42 AM
I agree that maybe I was looking at this game differently than what it probably professed. But honestly how long do you see yourself playing this game after you complete it?

1.5 times?

This game has no lasting power, which is the mark of a good game. imo.

endo23
11-16-2007, 12:38 PM
I call BS on that. I would never replay a Prince of Persia game but I loved playing through each one. Same goes for Bioshock. There's nothing wrong with a linear experience if it's done well... in fact, I enjoy a strong campaign way more than endless rounds of online Slayer. Talk about repetitive...

lukenichols
11-16-2007, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by fpus:
Well sure you can wander for hours and hours, and see some cool stuff, the same cool stuff over and over...
grab flags, save peons, over and over and over...
Man I'm bored and I've played for 5 hours...

So what I'm talking about is...I want to build my character...give him my own personal touches, maybe I dont want a sword, just daggers...
SCRIPTED.

dude you've played 5 hours straight no wonder your gettin annoyed have a rest your eyes will fall out.
play a little less and it wont get so boring
dont use your sword then.............

all_seeing_1978
11-16-2007, 03:10 PM
I have to say I have played for two days now and have only completed 2 of 9 missions. I have spent my time looking for view points, templars, flags, and completing some side quests. I love just exploring this world is so vast it is amazing.