PDA

View Full Version : Cheating?

Axriel
04-17-2011, 06:30 PM
I have come across someone who cheats in the PS3 Version of Assassins Creed Brother. They must be taking advantage of a bug. PSN Name is [edit:name removed]. In the game, they played as the Harlequin, and had a colapsed avatar on the ground. When I was assigned to him, i was unable to kill him or select him with my L1 Crosshairs, but if i walked over him, he would Stun me, without getting up. He was there for the entire 10 minutes, and was in 1st place the majority of the game with a good 2000 pts above everyone else. I took pictures to show what was happening.

I submitted this to UbiSoft Support. Anyone encounter cheaters before?

Serrachio
04-17-2011, 06:36 PM
Welcome to the Forums, but naming and shaming is against the rules.

I'd advise you to remove their name before a moderator comes along.

sticks165
04-17-2011, 07:01 PM
hey welcome to the forums i would suggest that you do what sarachio said before the mods come

xCr0wnedNorris
04-17-2011, 07:17 PM
( ^^ Listen to these guys. ^^ )

And a third welcome from yours truly! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Zombie Izzardx
04-17-2011, 07:24 PM
Are you sure he was cheating? I mean did you just play one game with him saw this glitch going on and said "Oh this guys cheating" then leave? Alot of the time its a freak glitch that happens and it won't be repeated in the next match. If it does happen to the same player again then chances are they were able to minipulate the game (some how).

Kogia
04-17-2011, 08:37 PM
I played a game with someone yesterday and they also appeared to have a cheat, but it was probably just a benefical glitch that they may have been unaware of.

They were the thief, but were actually showing up for me as the executioner (when they were my target I had the thief in frame), it made hunting them a little tricky for obvious reasons.

I followed them around to check for disguise duration, but they just stayed as the executioner after stunning me.

m4tt3198
04-18-2011, 02:51 PM
@Kogia, I saw this glitch last night too. I thought the person was using disguise every time I got close, but then I saw him kill someone else and stay the same character. It only lasted for one match, so I think it was just a bug/glitch.

sticks165
04-18-2011, 03:01 PM
yea guys thats just a glitch that has happend to me a few times

graffitimysoul
04-18-2011, 03:24 PM
Kaigo, that's a glitch with Disguise...I don't know how or why it happens, but it'll leave you as your disguised character for the duration of the match. One time I had it happen where I stayed as the Harlequin and I didn't even have 3.0 at the time, which was even weirder.

NORTHBOERN1
04-18-2011, 03:42 PM
I played against a person once who flashed like a light bulb while hiding in groups. I told him/her that everytime I stabbed or poisoned them! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Kogia
04-18-2011, 05:35 PM
The disguise one is definitely a nice glitch to have, even more so if you are aware of it, I must use disguise more in the hopes of getting it. :O)

nb. I did assume it was a glitch and not a cheat, I said 'they appeared to have a cheat' because those sort of things appear so beneficial its easy to assume it is a cheat. Plus I'm a scientist, I don't know for certain there aren't cheats out there for this game, so it would be incorrect of me to suggest I know for certain, so assumptions are all I can muster without further study. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/typing.gif

Hydrilus
04-19-2011, 04:18 PM
Collapsed avatar sort of sounds like what happened to me some weeks ago..

Basically, I air assassinated my target from a roof, but when I jumped on them, I fell straight through the ground and was stuck below everyone. I could look up and see all the NPCs walking around but my character was totally frozen in that falling stance, and unable to move. After a few seconds, my character glitched out of the ground and I was now stuck at normal ground level but with my feet still going through. I was doing well in the game too so I had 2 or 3 people on me and they couldn't kill me. My target made their way over to me though and I was able to assassinate them (which happened to free me from being stuck in the ground), but it was a strange couple of minutes hehe.

KaiserC96
04-20-2011, 07:29 AM
has anyone had that glitch where someone on the other team looks like someone on your team? like, courtesans vs. executioners, but one of the executioners shows up as a courtesan?

Gynn Baderact
04-22-2011, 11:17 AM
There is a glitch where you get permanent dodge, but can't stun either. So immortality but no points.

There is the glitch where your character floats across the ground and totally give syou away

there is the glitch that the charge noise and flashing stays all game.

Mr_Shade
04-22-2011, 11:20 AM
If you suspect someone of cheating - please use the consoles reporting tools to report them - eg, file grievance on PS3.

This is the preferred method of reporting cheaters on consoles.

Please remember that naming and shaming is against the forum rules, not to protect the cheaters, but to protect those innocent people who may not be cheating http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif