PDA

View Full Version : Japanese Research Aircraft

Patches30
11-15-2004, 04:56 AM
Well as I mentioned on another topic, I think the airplanes on the japanese side are excellently modeled here.

However I notice a distinct lack of bombers. Wheres the 'betty'? wheres the giant Ki-48?

You know in the combined sim it would be neat to fly a 'captured' me-262 versus a Nakajima Kikka research airplane.

but most of all I'd just like to be able to fly B5N2 'Kate' off of the akagi maybe to attack the USS Hornet on some simulated torpedo run (or land a B-25 aboard the Hornet for that matter)

Comparible to the A-20 or the Me-110 we have of course the possability that the J1N could have been used during a land campaign, if there were no such thing as the manhattan project.

-CC

Patches30
11-15-2004, 04:56 AM
Well as I mentioned on another topic, I think the airplanes on the japanese side are excellently modeled here.

However I notice a distinct lack of bombers. Wheres the 'betty'? wheres the giant Ki-48?

You know in the combined sim it would be neat to fly a 'captured' me-262 versus a Nakajima Kikka research airplane.

but most of all I'd just like to be able to fly B5N2 'Kate' off of the akagi maybe to attack the USS Hornet on some simulated torpedo run (or land a B-25 aboard the Hornet for that matter)

Comparible to the A-20 or the Me-110 we have of course the possability that the J1N could have been used during a land campaign, if there were no such thing as the manhattan project.

-CC